It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

They stopped many of them from doing it by taking a large percentage of the fines for the federal government so the cities wouldn't be able to create new income for themselves from the cameras.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No, they "seem" to imply that the constitution is not the law of the land. The need for public safety outweighs the constitution, it seems pretty clearly stated there. So, where does THAT stop? It seems that many can make the argument that banning guns would be a situation where safety "outweighs" the constitution. That will be next.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Thank Osama Bin Laden ,George Bush and Dick Cheney.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They seem to imply the safety of the many is more important then his personal right of privacy. The same idea behind checking passangers before they bored an airplane.

Here is the problem. Constitutional rights are inalienable. This Country is a Republic, under Constitutional law your rights cannot be outweighed by anything. I find it such a shame that this only bothers a few.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by JBA2848

No, they "seem" to imply that the constitution is not the law of the land. The need for public safety outweighs the constitution, it seems pretty clearly stated there.

Of course public safety can outweigh the constitution where have you been. I have the freedom of speech but i cant walk into a building and scream fire! How old are you come on The constitutions set up rights but it doesn't allow your rights to circumvent someone else's. Heres an example i expect to be able to get in my car drive to a location and not have to worry about being killed by some drunk or drug addict trying to exercise there rights. Grow up!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Why do you think so many people hated Cheney and Bush. They created the patriot act and took rights away from everyone. We still don't know what rights he violated and even if there still being violated.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos
You came on to ATS labeled YOUR thread "I, a US citizen was arrested" then for the first 5-6 pages redirected everyone to an article that was written by Dave Stern. Yes the Pasture that's so adamant on rights...

I don't understand the tone of your post, my OP was my story, I then directed to an article that could more quickly and effectively answer questions about this streamlined process that is unique to Yuma county...i stated that i was opening the thread to discuss the search of every vehicle passing the interstate, citizen or not, by the border patrol, not to discuss drugs or use to respect the T & C and so far the thread remains open, but of course what the government supporters choose to focus on, is ME, and not the topic itself. Whatever though, i've been here long enough to have a thick skin, and i fully expected it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Heres an example i expect to be able to get in my car drive to a location and not have to worry about being killed by some drunk or drug addict trying to exercise there rights. Grow up!

And I support that right, that's why i don't drive while under the influence of anything, and i expect that of anybody, that crime has victims. Of course, the "public safety" was clearly in the minds of the BP officers who write people tickets for drugs and send them on their way, REGARDLESS if they are under the influence. Yeah, it's your safety they're looking after, genius.

edit: here is the opinion of ANOTHER U.S. soldier ladies and gentleman, and he feels the constitution can be ignored, even though he SWORE to defend it...interesting, eh?

Of course public safety can outweigh the constitution where have you been.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Some of the responses on this thread are rather hair raising. I dont understand how these peoples minds work anymore.

I could only read 3 pages and I am too disgusted with the fact that so many are ready to throw away our freedom.

I feel like a sane person seeing the third Reich taking power in Germany in the mid 1930's.

For the first time I hope Obama bans guns so these twits may awaken. Ammo sniffing dogs will be at checkpoints before you know it.

How did that old poem go?

First they went after the communists and I did nothing because I was not a communist...

The alarm clock went off in 2001, why are so many still asleep?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

there is no tone in my post. it's just words to read. I have no personal feelings toward your OP or the accusations you were somehow pulled into something you wanted no part of.

Just the understanding that 1 group of people think drugs should be stopped, and another want's them to be candy.

All over this board are threads demanding action on immunizations, the fluoridation of water, the caca the schools feel is edible for lunch.

Yet here you are whining about a fine...for whatever... I will say it's frustrating to me because I've seen people go through the ringer for something that was not even theirs.

More so you went trucking along the interstate thinking I'm good... your either young or ignorant I dunno yet, but I'm going for young though seeing you thought some Border Patrol wasn't going to have dogs one day...

Your wanting to point out some bust record that Yuma is getting extra cash from the fines... I'm down with that, but your whining to much about yourself.... or arguing with those that found you guilty... whole new thread though, stick to your guns might get a little respect, keep whining about your bust...well you know where that leads

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with the previous previous post.

What strikes me most about this thread, is how many people seem to still be fighting to show that they are 'good citizens'. The authorities are taking away your rights and you are fighting with each other about the details. It's exactly what they want, push a few buttons on important issues like 'those damn potheads' or 'those damn lefties / righties' and suddenly you're not americans being overrun by tyrants, you're the true patriots vs the true patriots. Seriously, you do you think they are taking notes as to who is following orders best?

Watching this from the outside, it is scary to see because if you guys are so easily conquered then the rest of the us on this continent are even worse off.

You are being stopped in your own country and searched. That is what you need to be concerned about.

(edited to add another previous as another post snuck in before me!)

[edit on 6-8-2009 by The Broadcaste]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

what exactly should I be concerned about? You lost me

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I feel like a sane person seeing the third Reich taking power in Germany in the mid 1930's.

LOL. I know what you mean. I never could understand why history repeats itself. I guess it is because we convince ourselves that we are living in new times and the lesson of the past have no relevance. Hence the belief that the Constitution is outdated as some on this thread have proclaimed.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
it is a shame that the countries constitution can be sidestepped by certain agencies both state and federal for one reason.

money.

this is after all, the usa so what do you expect from "your" gov.

as most of us know, we live in one of the most corrupt, indecent countries on the planet. yet, our "elected" officials look down at the rest of the world from a moral high horse like they all owe us something. one day, it will end.

OP, i understand your frustration with the replies in your thread. these members post in threads about how our gov. is turning against us. how unjust everything is, blah blah blah..... then in the next breath they treat you like a cast out leper for a experience that should not have happened. i would be willing to be that some of these same hypocritical idiots no doubt surf for pron, beat their spouses, get drunk daily and have kids that will be nothing short of a nightmare for any community. meanwhile they judge you, an adult, for making a adult decision that has no impact on them personally (even if they act like it does) or the public at large. i bet their god is very proud of them for the double standards, hypocritical views and the wrongful attitude that somehow they are above you.

you were a target of a wrongful search and seizure and there is no doubting that (i mean come on, if it were truly legal, then most if not all counties, states, towns would be doing the same thing if they were within 100 miles of a border... yet, they do not. that tells me a lot).

if you have the financial means, this case will be beaten. again, it all comes down to money.

i cannot wait for this corrupt, abusive, laughable system fails (in every aspect).

good luck!
AA

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
heh, history taught the young man cited in the OP that dog's would never be present.

surprise!

Had he read the history of the rout before taking on his trek he might of been inclined to do otherwise... yes history teaches those willing to read up on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

Thanks man, I couldn't agree with your post more. I've stated it a few times on this thread, that they are likely huge hypocrites and will only care when it's their personal choices that are rendered illegal, but by then it will be too late.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

nothing was sidestepped...

again search by sniff (k-9) is exempt from the 4th amendment... if you have a problem with that take it up with the Supreme Court.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightuos
heh, history taught the young man cited in the OP that dog's would never be present.

surprise!

Had he read the history of the route before taking on his trek he might of been inclined to do otherwise... yes history teaches those willing to read up on it.

You're right - - I think we must be older.

I've been traveling that route for 15 years. This sure wasn't the first time they had dogs sniffing my car.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm really confused and baffled by some of the takes on this thread.

It's wrong and unconstitutional? It is not. It's laws approved, signed and sealed, additional rights giving to border patrol to combat what is ramping up to a serious battle against drug trafficking. If you feel you have the "right" to have illegal drugs in your car, you are wrong. You clearly don't have kids. If you do, I pity them. Of course, the OP is on the defensive from the get-go, saying anyone who speaks out against his having drugs is a "goody two-shoes" and must "drink like a fish." In other words, if you don't agree with him having drugs in his car, you are a square or someone who has other faults that makes his transgressions irrelevant.

You like Mexican gangsters coming into our country with guns and drugs? I guess so. I can't imagine why else you would rant against them trying to combat it. Which in my eyes, makes you scum.. no better than those they are trying to stop.

The laws are pretty clear. Border Patrol within 100 miles of the border, have every right to search you with dogs and even pat-downs, with NO suspicion of anything. So when this happens to you.. and you DO HAVE ILLEGAL DRUGS... it's suddenly unconstitutional? They were WRONG because their dogs sniffed drugs in your vehicle? whatever...

Some of you choose to live in the dark-ages. Fine. Go live in the mountains. Go join some militant group that hates everything but themselves and drugs. Clearly you don't give a crap about the welfare of citizens, children, and couldn't care less if our own States started mutating into the mess that Mexico is becoming.

OMG it's unconstitutional to stop DRUG DEALERS! ... whatever.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I had my car sniffed by stupid dog's since 1993.

In Dec. 1993 had dogs discover a gun in my car, was hidden under the passenger backseat of my 1979 Camaro. Not on my way to Texas but on my way back home to AZ. That was a fun ordeal, oh and yea it was dogs that sniffed it out at the fruit check station in NM. At any rate I told them I had no Idea of it, and that I've only owned the cer for 5 months. Turned out to be the original car owners gun. He had reported it stolen. Not fun for me, but oh well life goes on.

Had another situation on the border that was funny because I was licensed AZ driver in a registered AZ vehicle, but in El Paso TX or rather crossing into with 3 foreign exchange students 2 from Denmark one from Norway. Had my car searched then too.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join