It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Cops tasered 3 kids, threatened one with sodomy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Two kids who were so out of control, the home's supervisors feared for their safety and called the cops to quote "subdue" them.

Now those same people are crying "police brutality" and bringing a lawsuit.

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? did you just say! Are you kidding me.
Yes, they were called to "subdue them" but not to taser and threaten them with SODOMY! Are you kidding me! OMG Ignore, Ignore, Ignore!

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well certainly there should be action taken against these officers if they did indeed do this.

I just hate when all Police Officers are grouped together and labled as bad, because of a few.

Yes there are "bad" cops out there, but let's not include the good ones with them.

Elevatedone ... Do not turn a blind eye to truth.

Here is a link to an ATS thread of mine. In my OP I list over 25 stories of various police brutalities. It has become this way because the Good law enforcement is either extinct or so rare we can not find him (Maybe semperfortis could give us a word).

The problem is with the whole department in this stories case.

Three kids where tazed. The fourth one was threatened with sodomy. The police deparment said it was all OK.

THE PROBLEM

Not one person with in the force says otherwise. None are coming out to say this is bull none are going to the media to cry foul, they all band together behind a shield of shame and defend their brother to the death. EVEN WHEN THEY TORTURE THE INNOCENT!

And thats the problem. When a good cop sides with a bad cop it means their are only two bad cops. Now that good cop can atone. He can change his or her mine. He can become a good cop again and try to bring justice for us all and the bad cop... OR he can remain a bad cop and remain silent.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by titorite]

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Two kids who were so out of control, the home's supervisors feared for their safety and called the cops to quote "subdue" them.

Now those same people are crying "police brutality" and bringing a lawsuit.

Typical, just typical.

This country will be just as out of control as the UK in no time flat.

Theres a difference between subdueing an aggresive kid and abusing him physicaly and threatening sexual abuse.

I used to work with kids that displayed challenging behaviour, and now and again, police intervention was needed in extreme situations.

The police dealt with it very professionaly though, at worst handcuffing the kids and keeping them in a cell for a few hours if they were that bad.

No matter how aggressive the kids were, if a cop had come in and tazed them, choked them and threatened them like these were threatened.....i myself would have been on charge of assaulting a police officer.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In all fairness, those tasers WERE new and they wanted to test them out. And that one officer was probably just feeling a little frisky when he made that comment, no harm done.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
**The kids who were being "rowdy" and had the police called on them had NOTHING to do with the tazing incident. The people/children who were tazed were NOT part of the "original issue".**

On the article linked from this post, you'll see like 3 or 4 more all on the same case. Read those for more information- I would link to them but it's 5PM and I've gotta head home from work.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well certainly there should be action taken against these officers if they did indeed do this.

I just hate when all Police Officers are grouped together and labled as bad, because of a few.

Yes there are "bad" cops out there, but let's not include the good ones with them.

Elevatedone ... Do not turn a blind eye to truth.

Here is a link to an ATS thread of mine. In my OP I list over 25 stories of various police brutalities. It has become this way because the Good law enforcement is either extinct or so rare we can not find him (Maybe semperfortis could give us a word).

The problem is with the whole department in this stories case.

Three kids where tazed. The fourth one was threatened with sodomy. The police deparment said it was all OK.

I agree, if the whole department is proved to be saying this behaviour is OK, then they are all sick and need serious therapy.

However, no-one is saying that every single officer in that department agrees with what went on. How many officers would have been spoken to over this? A press officer? A senior officer?

That doesn't make it the whole department.

As for the thread about "bad police", yes it's easy to find a load of incidents highlighting horrendous police actions. It's just as easy, probably even easier to find stories about good cops and the great things they have done to help people.

I guess it just depends on which one you want to look for?

So i have to agree with elevatedone as far as saying not ALL cops should be tarred with the same brush as these few.

Once again, i was as disgusted as everyone to read this story.

Unfortunately there will always be a few on ATS that refuse to acknowledge that there are some decent cops left in the world. You could post a 100 page thread on the good cop stories, and still the "deny ignorance" motto of this place would go in one ear and out the other.

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Posting my findings in here. Other thread will probably be shelved.

A shelter for adolescents in southern Illinois is suing the local sheriff’s office for what it describes as an unprovoked attack by two police officers on four children, three of whom were tasered, and one of whom was threatened with sodomy by a sheriff’s deputy.

And...

“As Z.P. was being repeatedly tased, [17-year-old] Megan Geisler pleaded with Deputy David Bowers and Deputy Lonnie Lawler to stop. Deputy David Bowers ordered Deputy Lonnie Lawler to handcuff Megan Geisler. … Deputy David Bowers grabbed Megan Geisler by her arms, lifted her off her feet, and carried her through the male dormitory to a nearby closet. On the way to the closet, Deputy David Bowers lifted Megan Geisler off the ground, pressed her against a wall and choked her. While choking her, Deputy David Bowers said, ‘do you want to live or die bitch’ to Megan Geisler. Megan Geisler was then thrown into a closet. At this time she began vomiting and heaving.”

Source including news video

Truly now, would you have seen this ten years ago would you have believed it??? We are being conditioned more and more each day to accept police brutality and violence as "appropriate action" without question.

As a result of this repeated and excessive tasing, B.B. urinated and defecated himself. Deputy David Bowers was aware that B.B. urinated himself after the tasing.”

When is someone going to say "Enough is enough" ???

Outrageous.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

Thanks "Truth4hire" you are more then welcome to share your thread here with mine and please know that it didn't bother me that you posted the same thing as great minds think alike but know in the future other members really lose it over such a silly mistake. The search option doesn't always work as you pointed out and I too have made the same mistake. Thanks again for understanding.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
reply to post by Truth4hire

Thanks "Truth4hire" you are more then welcome to share your thread here with mine and please know that it didn't bother me that you posted the same thing as great minds think alike but know in the future other members really lose it over such a silly mistake. The search option doesn't always work as you pointed out and I too have made the same mistake. Thanks again for understanding.

S+F my friend, as long as the message gets though I could not care less who gets credit.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Where are the parents in all this????

I know that I would certainly "react" if my kid were tasered to the point of soiling himself.

Oh yeah, I would react. No need for judges there I tell ya.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by Truth4hire]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
In all fairness, those tasers WERE new and they wanted to test them out. And that one officer was probably just feeling a little frisky when he made that comment, no harm done.

Carry on.

What a well conditioned citizen you are.

Kudos to the media, bravo.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Man this had better go to SUPREME COURT> Thats what ide like to see. FIGHT BACK! Why, for the lvoe of god and america why are the police here, acting like those militia guys who raped those IRanina girls, so their souls woulnt go to heaven....it can only get worse; (
Obama shuold be focusing o police brutalitym, not ownership of AOL and a free work force. How is anyone gunna wanna volunter for a work force, if its local police harrass and murder everyone? not a good policy obama

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

“As Z.P. was being repeatedly tased, [17-year-old] Megan Geisler pleaded with Deputy David Bowers and Deputy Lonnie Lawler to stop. Deputy David Bowers ordered Deputy Lonnie Lawler to handcuff Megan Geisler. … Deputy David Bowers grabbed Megan Geisler by her arms, lifted her off her feet, and carried her through the male dormitory to a nearby closet. On the way to the closet, Deputy David Bowers lifted Megan Geisler off the ground, pressed her against a wall and choked her. While choking her, Deputy David Bowers said, ‘do you want to live or die bitch’ to Megan Geisler. Megan Geisler was then thrown into a closet. At this time she began vomiting and heaving.”

This because she dared to step in to stop it

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Isnt this wonderful? More EVIL things these piggies have done. Makes me sick.

I can only hope oneday these pigs get the same treatment they inflict upon people.

"Police are the first and only legalized gang" - some song cant remember who...

This is SICKENING.

There isnt just a few bad cops either. Atleast in my city I bet 75 percent are corrupt... they all run drugs and stuff and allow the gangs to ruin my lowerclass neighborhood with crackrock, heroin and meth. These gangs pay the piggies off so theyll turn a blind eye to the dope slinging. Just cause we are poor doesnt mean we deserve this treatment!!! It sickens me.

And thats just the drugs... I have seen these pigs beat and harrass people countless times in my 26 years. Its a daily occurance.

I volunteer for a local organization and we are in the streets every weekend helping poor and abused children and just less fortunate people in general. Then these pigs come and reverse EVERY SINGLE good thing we do. I want them OUT of my neighborhood! They arent welcome! We WILL start fighting back (and already have).

I want the gangs, drugs and cops OUT!!

If theyd do their job and arrest real drug dealers and gangbangers rather than harrass innocents I'd have NO PROBLEM with them.

And it not just poor people...they treat a lot of people wrong.

Good to see most of you dont stand up for these scumbag sacks of crap worthless low life douchebags.

I will never need cops for anything. I can fend for myself and I can protect my family better than any copper could.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So when the FEMA camp roundups begin that I hear about all over ATS...

Who will the cops work for?

Us... as protectors

or them... as enforcers

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Several things I would like to point out.

First of all, if things did transpire as alleged in the lawsuit then I would concur 1000% that criminal charges and jail time be in the near future for those officers.

Next. I would like to point out that we are reading about one side of the story. There is still another side to be heard and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

When the ATS readers find a case of suspected police brutality they seem to run with it more than the MM did with bird flu.

Remember that just like most anything else, what makes the headlines is the BAD NEWS. Death, corruption, disease, brutality, sex, violence.....this stuff ALWAYS gets top billing.

So while you might believe that all cops are evil and violent please remember that you're taking the bait just like the MM wants you too.

Each week it seems there is some story about police brutality. How many hundreds of thousands of good acts provided by police officers each week arent reported and go unnoticed?

Yes, I am positive that there are also more incidents of officers acting in an improper manner that go unreported as well but in the grand scheme of things these incidents are spotlighted and spoon fed to the public just like any other doom and gloom story.

I am not excusing anyone here and like I said....if those officers did what they are accused of then they should fry. Yet tens of thousands of Officers go to work everyday and actually help people and make a difference. This does not excuse the bad ones but hopefully puts some perspective on an avalanche of hate perpetuated by these stupid, evil few.

Im sure the anti-cop crowd will be all over this one and some will never get the message but to throw a blanket of judgement on the entire law enforcement community over a few idiots is unfair and unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Truly shocking and I am ashamed that these savages are wearing the uniform of Jefferson County Sheriff. These mean need to face charges immediately and if none are filed by the D.A.; then the people of the country need to stand outside the county sheriff's offices or the D.A.'s office until justice is served. Tasering small children and threatening to sodomize them? How dare they! These cops are insane and they need to be behind bars before they seriously hurt someone! However, I am not going to crop all police officers with the likes of this ilk. These are some rotten apples and they need to go to prison.

I don't mean prison segregation but general population with hardened criminals. These cops want to be sodomites well I am sure the inmates will oblige them with a shiv during shower time. I know prisoners don't like cops and they especially don't like criminals that hurt children. Let the inmates deal with them and I am sure they will find themselves just as vulnerable as those children they terrorized.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

I think you make a very good point, consider all points taken. For those good cops "police" out there, know this. Bad behavior will always be pointed out first compared to all those who do their jobs by the book and do a good job. But that is the way of things isn't it. If your doing you job, you either get fired or punished for not going along or simply no attention comes your way. But I simply think society is getting tired of those who are bad and get away with it. We are extemely glad that reports are coming out more and more to bring these crimes to light and believe that the good cops "police" feel the same as they don't approve of these things either. It is ashame that good doesn't sell as much as bad does! But the word does need to get out. Those who are doing a good job shouldn't be so defensive as they know this isn't about them.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think N.W.A said it best.....

These animals are gonna mess with the wrong person one day. Makes you wonder when a cop gets killed and on TV says something like "loving family man officer....". The pigs are bad

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
I think N.W.A said it best.....

These animals are gonna mess with the wrong person one day. Makes you wonder when a cop gets killed and on TV says something like "loving family man officer....". The pigs are bad

Just a couple monts ago here in oakland a few cops got killed and thats exactly what happened. Well I know the WHOLE STORY because it was in my neighborhood. These cops werent innocent victims like they were made out to be. They were involved in gangs and dope and something went wrong... Its their fault they died.

BTW yall I'm not some like black power dude or anything, I'm white (well half white)... I just am from the projects and see things for what they really are..

[edit on 20-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join