It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Whoa, I'm looking at the Soho pics posted by Swordbeast and booda on page two and wondering where do I take cover?

Is it aimed towards Earth?

It is a sunspot.

SUNSPOTS DO NOT HURT EARTH. (in any way, shape or form)

You are thinking about a Solar Flare or a Coronal Mass Ejection, which this is not.

"A sunspot is an area on the Sun's surface (photosphere) that is marked by intense magnetic activity, which inhibits convection, forming areas of reduced surface temperature."

Source

Sunspots are nothing to worry about. Solar flares can occur around them, but so far we aren't seeing that sort of activity with this spot. From what I understand it is fading.

Calm the panic.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Typical prediction gibberish. "There will be a massive earthquake on this date!" Earthquakes occur every day. Once that day arrives, just pick the biggest earthquake and claim it was right. What a load of rubbish.

This "message" was warning us of what? A warning would be something to get us prepared for an event that would have consequences. This "killer sunspot" has not even affected cellphone service, as far as I can tell. It has DONE NOTHING. We were warned of nothing? Why would be need a "warning" about a sunspot?

I had no doubt though. The day would come, and someone would pick the most anomolous event for the day regarding the sun, and suddenly the crop circles are "real" with a deeper meaning.

Look.. they are manmade. The "deciphering" of the message was done in no time at all, by a guy who fearmongers about solar storms for crying out loud. I am just astounded that you would believe this gibberish based on.. nothing at all!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For every planet in our Solar system, remember we as a whole will decide what happens with the sun, if the Sun is sending us more messages through light signals so be it, our soul inside the body will pick it up and know what to do with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

This is crazy considering the Crop circles warning us about this , and the fact that I just finally saw Knowing last night and it deals with exactly this......or almost exactly....

Something has to be going on........Too much coincidence and weird # happening in 09.........seems like 09 is the start of some new transition or cycle or something unexplained...

O and I just saw Knowing only just yesterday because at 12:00 at night ( technically tuesday or today ) it became available on WoW On Demand......

Kind of crazy really...

There has to be something up

[edit on 7-7-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Neat! A single horn..

It's gonna get worse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec10105dbd24.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e3c003a66ce.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Dont forget to check out doomdaily.com there is 2 large cracks in the sheild so what might have been weak soler activity is now a larger threat this is not over

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

WHY not another thread? This is about NEW information of the LARGEST sunspot found EVER - happens to be the SAME day crop circle deciphers said was in Crop Circle messages!

Seems that the information in the OP is IMPORTANT On it's own - never mind messages may have been left enlightening us humans that something was going to happen today - with the sun etc.

*sigh*

is there actually any proof other than a newspaper no one has heard of before..

spaceweather.com
"Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity."

look.. it was fun while it lasted.. but people, get a grip.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by pynner]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OMG this is too funny. Seriously we have put our faith in crop circles. And they are all happening in the same place, with no proof.. Ya right. Plus there is a different side of the Sun in Austrailia? lol. It's the same side of the Sun moron. You think we see a different side of the sun on a different place on Earth? Last I checked the Earth only faces one side of the Sun. The article is a joke written by someone who is a joke. Where is the critical thought? Does anyone do research anymore? From what I can tell there from the pressure images of the magnetosphere of the earth that there is more pressure on it, thats all.

"Solar wind
speed: 335.1 km/sec
density: 10.0 protons/cm3
explanation | more data
Updated: Today at 1806 UT " (spaceweather.com)

if we can believe anything from the crop circles that pointed to anything, all that it predicted that we would be obsessed with talking about a Sun Spot...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
WOW

The crop circle threads say the latest crops circles PREDICTED this would happen TODAY!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

Yep - it says that -

OH and NASA ALWAYS tells the TRUTH don't they?!

OH - NASA would NEVER hide anything would they?

OH - they took Behind off cor2 - for a few days when an unusual object was getting close to it, just because. Not hiding anything at all!!

OH - If NASA says something - it is the Final Word then - isn't it?

OH - NASA has NEVER NOT TOLD THE TRUTH - Have they?

Oh - what is the answer to ALL THOSE QUESTIONS?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While I don't deny that this sun spot is big, I don't agree that it is in fact "the biggest ever"

"On April 8, 1947, the largest sunspot in modern history reached its maximum size of over 330 times Earth's area"
-sunearthday.nasa.gov...

I'm also having trouble believing it to be called the 1024, as was said above regarding it being found on the
SOHO site. Not because, it doesn't exist but because, I have been unable to find the size for the 1024 comparable to the article above. It's said this sunspot is 60- 80 times larger than the earth??? SOHO clearly says on several pages that the biggest sunspot, or sunspot group ever to be seen by the spacecraft was only 12 - 13 X the size of earth. If this is true what it the actual size of the 1024.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
spaceweather.com...

I understand it's said to be growing then I've also read it's subsiding... which is it?
spaceweather.com...

I do agree what ever has caused the stir over this sunspot be it in light of the recent crop circle or not it had me pondering...
here's a link to the crop circle
www.examiner.com...

ALTHOUGH... this is interesting and I direct this strait to you questioningall, I too get a thrill out of the idea of crop circles and predictions, but if something was to happen, it would have happened and been of significant amount. I don't think what has transpired on the 6Th and 7Th is anywhere near that significant, or what your crop circle was supposed to be predicting.

Here is an official report for 6-6-09

"Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
SDF Number 157 Issued at 2200Z on 06 Jun 2009
IA. Analysis of Solar
Active Regions and Activity from 05/2100Z
to 06/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. There was one B-class
flare during the past 24 hours. Region 1019 (N24W36) has decayed to
spotless plage. Consequently the solar disk is now void of spots.
IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very
low."
www.spaceref.com...

and here is today's...

"Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
SDF Number 158 Issued at 2200Z on 07 Jun 2009
IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 06/2100Z
to 07/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. No flares were observed
during the past 24 hours. The visible solar disk remains spotless.
IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very
low."
www.spaceref.com...

...oh, and the solar storms were very low on the fifth.

As much as I too would love to believe that crop circle was a prediction, I think those guys were a little off. I think some times we want something to happen so bad we really tend to miss the facts. The flare happen yesterday, there hasn't been any storms yet today, for your sake I hope something does happen. I personally think it would be awesome. But, I think this particular thread can be very misleading as you have titled it, "Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09". As we now have clearing gotten off topic! It seems what your really interested in was the hopes of the crop circle prediction being true. We could have a B- class flare at any time and now today because one crop circle goo roo says something is going to happen today, everyone gets excited and starts to pay attention! REALLY? REALLY?

I too am having a really good laugh!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by pynner

Yep - it says that -

OH and NASA ALWAYS tells the TRUTH don't they?!

OH - NASA would NEVER hide anything would they?

OH - they took Behind off cor2 - for a few days when an unusual object was getting close to it, just because. Not hiding anything at all!!

OH - If NASA says something - it is the Final Word then - isn't it?

OH - NASA has NEVER NOT TOLD THE TRUTH - Have they?

Oh - what is the answer to ALL THOSE QUESTIONS?

normally I would agree that nasa lies... but you got nothing, questioningall.. nothing at all.. you have no proof... you have zero evidence..

Just sensationalism to get stupid ats points..

at least your not posting copy written material any more....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Someone call me stupid.
Please!

Someone tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Please someone tell me that I don't know anything about astronomy, the Earth, or our universe..

Questioningall is getting picked on because she's sensationalist and a little over the top...

We're all human, we all make mistakes - but I think there *is* something to this...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth’s magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. With all the activity surrounding the Sun this surely will have consequences.
reply to post by Sinclâire

Good find www.doomdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I cut and pasted the below quote from space.com you can also read about the newly formed sun spots on spaceweather.com

"A new group of sunspots developed, and while not dramatic by historic standards, the spots were the most significant in many months."

It seems that the scientist are excided that the spots finally appeared after a lull in time.

As you can see from their statement nothing to boast about.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Whereas i have always believed 'crop circles', the intricate ones at least were man made, and the early simpler circles (actual circles, rather than fractals, alien heads etc.) were made by ETs.

Just shows you the polarities that are on here eh?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Someone call me stupid.
Please!

Someone tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Please someone tell me that I don't know anything about astronomy, the Earth, or our universe..

Questioningall is getting picked on because she's sensationalist and a little over the top...

We're all human, we all make mistakes - but I think there *is* something to this...

HEY!

You're stupid please.

You don't know anything about astronomy, the Earth, or our universe..

How was that for you?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"hhhmmmm.... could those Crop Circles Been GIVING US A MESSAGE FROM HIGHER INTELLIGENCE?"

Nope.

If anything out of the ordinary happened today, there'd be so many people out there thinking "OOO THE CROP CIRCLE WAS RIGHT!"

So we're just looking for an excuse to bring the CC into this discovery.

Alright, the largest sun spot..Ever. What now? Nothing happened. There is no Disaster. And where are other sources to back this up?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Questioningall is getting picked on because she's sensationalist and a little over the top...

We're all human, we all make mistakes - but I think there *is* something to this..."

No... "she" is being called out because "she" has NO PROOF....

seriously.. just show us this record sunspot... just once... a back up article..

no?

that's because it isn't there....
I was all set for something to go down today, but to make sh*t up like "she" has... it just pisses me off.

IF this can all be proven, I will gladly eat my words.. but until then..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Haha better than I could have ever imagined!
Either way, we're off topic.. Let's discuss the flare and leave the circle stuff to other threads..

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join