It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rely or look to a known military figure i/e marine/airmen/sailer or soldier in your immed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Would you rely or look to a known military figure i/e marine/airmen/sailer or soldier in your immediate family or really close friends if something drasticly occured during an "apacalyptic" event?

Do you think at that point moral ethics take place and you start than thinking about taking affirmative action?

Id like to hear some feedback

Thank you

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes. I have a few ex-military in my circle of family and friends. I trust them. Also, my other half was a Ranger and grew up in this area and knows the woods and mountains like the back of his hand and can navigate through very well. Not to mention hunting and fishing all his life. I'm set there.

I know no one in active duty right now that is near me, so I guess that doesn't count.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
yes, already done

my hubby is ex- special forces

we are preparing!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

Do you think at that point moral ethics take place and you start than thinking about taking affirmative action?

Are you implying that military personnel are all immoral or unethical? Or are you saying that it would be immoral or unethical to rely on them in a non apocalyptic setting?

People are people, trust them based on the composition of their character. Some military personnel are fantastic people that will do everything in their power to help others, the other end of the spectrum is there as well. The same applies to any other profession. There are evil corrupt priests out there, just like there are great priests...

What I am saying is that in the event of the apocalypse, you will be better off relying on a person for who they are, not what their job title is.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just because they have/had a military background doesn't make them a better choice if things get bad... Over the years I've known some real Waco's that I'd prefer stay the "H" away from me and mine when things get tough.... military training does give them an advantage Depending on what their MOS was... But its always a serious mistake to entrust your welfare and well being to someone else... they might just have their own agenda ya know...

PS: Some of the worse bureaucrat's I've ever been forced to endure were so called brothers in arms...

[edit on 6-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
But its always a serious mistake to entrust your welfare and well being to someone else... they might just have their own agenda ya know...

cardinal rules..

be aware of your surroundings
be aware of the company you keep
don't trust into others with your life 100%

In times of without rule of law,act like a gentleman to everyone who treats you the same,but plan a way to kill every one in order to escape the situation..

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i grew up in the military, based on my personal experience, no, no i really wouldn't. frankly i'ld avoid them.

the military attempts to train people to be sheep. the objective is to instill a subconscious drive to always follow the orders of someone else and always look to protect your direct companions. they do this openly and they use brainwashing techniques like sleep deprivation and physical exhaustion to achieve their aim. some people come away being able to reconcile that within themselves, these are very good, strong people. most don't and end up......changed.

in my opinion, to have a military person in the group would be a huge advantage, just so long as they were not leading it. military people look out for themselves and those they see as peers, everybody else is just less. if they led the group, unless the group was "up to the challenge" they would be expendable for the greater good.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
Would you rely or look to a known military figure i/e marine/airmen/sailer or soldier in your immediate family or really close friends if something drasticly occured during an "apacalyptic" event?

Id like to hear some feedback
Thank you

Well, good question, but I would take into consideration what he might know also could be 'misinfo' to some degree, as the military dont tell all it's personal on high class materials..

top topics

join