It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the real reason NASA is bombing the moon on October 9th?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The planned October 9, 2009 bombing of the moon by a NASA orbiter that will bomb the moon with a 2-ton kinetic weapon to create a 5 mile wide deep crater as an alleged water-seeking and lunar colonization experiment

link to source

I am a staunch believer in the fact that the moon was and still is used by other races as a look out post to monitor the planet Earth, many moons ago (pun intended). Now the US want to drop a bomb on the moon in order to find water. But I say whats the real reason?

I have two theories:

1. Is that they want to provoke the entities up there to disclose themselves to Earth in order to start a galactic war (sounds madness doesn't it) mark my words something is coming.

2. They TPTB want to destroy something that they seem to be a threat to their plans?

As I am a firm believer in the fact that there is life on the moon if the US go ahead and do this then I believe that they will kill and harm many entities that reside there and therefore, start something that I seriously don't think that they (we) can finish.

NASA is getting out of control and there is nothing that can stop them, I say stock up,buckle up and prepare yourself for a bumby ride. Life as we know it wil never be the same once disclosure arrives.

Life after disclosure........pretty bleak!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I heard they are bombing the moon to cover up the fact that they are a bunch of intelligent humans interested in discovering more about what the moon is like.

They hope that by running experiments that involve lots of scientists, engineers and astronauts that people will think that they are infact from the Galactic federation of Light, so disguising the fact that they are a bunch of nerd scientist, engineers and astronauts.

Soon we will see NASA release lots more photos of the hole they create but they hope people will see a small metropolis with a space port building that looks like John Leer mooning the Earth.
NASA will then write books, make DVD's and attend conferances pretending to be the Galactic federation of Light with photographic evidence of John Leers Moon base ass.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Your theories have a few holes in them

• First & Foremost, why would they wait until October?
  • They have announced that they're going to hit the moon in several months. Wont the ETs know this if they're monitoring Earth?
  • If they were to hit the moon to provoke a battle, then they would lose.

Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the impact!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

did they bomb mars to find water?

why bomb the moon?

must be to hide all those pesky ruins...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

They lost half the probes they sent to Mars. The last thing they want is some lost 'missile' floating around the solar system

250,000 miles is an wasier target to hit than something between 36-250 million miles away.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

did they bomb mars to find water?

why bomb the moon?

I did think the face on Mars was interesting until I saw it from different angles, now it looks more like an interesting rock than ruins, and I never saw any ruins on the moon either.

They did dig for water on mars using a small robotic shovel, but because Mars has a small atmosphere I guess they were hoping they might not have to dig too deep to find water.

On the moon, there's no chance a mars-type digging experiment would find water due to the intense heat generated by sunlight at the surface, so to find water on the moon, they need to dig much deeper, that's the REAL REASON they will use the kinetic energy device, to dig a hole.

I know the external source called it a bomb but according to this definition: bomb="an explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions" it has no fuse and it doesn't really explode, however it will make a crater, but it's just due to the crash landing, not a fused explosion, so I'm not sure calling it a "bomb" is technically correct.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Good question

From whom ?

Oh, yeah, from themselves, apparently, who else have access to the Moon, lol ...

So, what happened to all those chanters who were saying for years NASA is not going to the Moon because they are scared of Aliens who allegedly told them not to come back (?), lol, this must be a major blow for them, hehe

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oh, for Pete's sake!!

NOT another 'bombing' thread!?

This is NOT the first time space craft have been intentionally crashed into the Moon!!! We've been doing it since the early 1960s!

AND, it is an empty stage of the LRO/LCROSS vehicle. Even the silly editors from your link noted it weighs 'two tons'. That sounds huge, right? Wrong! That's about how much a big car weighs.

Believe me when I tell you the Moon has been hit by much, much larger natural objects, at far greater impact speeds!

Besides
, the LCROSS is hitting at the south pole. Everyone KNOWS the aliens are at the north pole making toys for next Christmas

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think that they want to use the dust generated as cover for building a nuclear launching pad.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnifiction
I think that they want to use the dust generated as cover for building a nuclear launching pad.

The biggest challenge for me on these forums is figuring out who is serious and who is kidding. Sometimes I really can't tell, as in this example. If you're joking then I get the joke, and if you're not, I would propose there are a lot of easier ways to launch nukes.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe it is an 'trial bomb/test' for the Lucifer project !

they need to see how a bomb is acting in space..

Or, they want to see if they can make a difrense in the Orbit ?

Mayby an test seen in Armageddon, an Asteroid Nuk...

Just some ideas .

[edit on 22-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hey, my brothers girlfriends cousin knows somebody who saw with his OWN EYES that the DOD shipped an 80 Gazillion Ton nuclear weapon to NASA last month. I'm betting that they put it on the rocket and that they're planning on detonating it on the moon. With a weapon that large I'm betting that the whole moon would just disappear in a blinding flash of light.

They're going to eliminate all of those pesky Reptilian Aliens in one fell swoop. This is the biggest Trojan horse ever. NASA has publicized that they're doing an experiment that involves crashing the spent second stage into the Moon. They're even directing the BOMB to the Southern hemisphere to throw the aliens into a false sense of security. I'd like to see the look on their faces when they realize that the lowly Earthlings have tricked them.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't really care"why" we are doing it. But what gives NASA the right? Just because we put our flag on the moon doesn't make it OUR moon does it? Or does America own the moon?? Is there any kind of corroboration for this?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well as interesting as bombing the moon may be, I'm sure it isn't for testing to see if there is water.

I know youtube vids may not seem credible, but supposedly Nasa has made the trip and brought samples back.

www.youtube.com...

That is a vid showing moon dust being turned into water.

In my honest opinion they are bombing the aliens that like to watch humans. Will it effect the aliens in any way, shape, or form, not likely. If aliens really wanted to protect themselves in the moon, i'm sure they could just shoot that rocket down like target practice or they are so far into the moon it wont matter.

If there is anything to be worried about, it would be the moon shifting into a different orbit causing global weather hazards.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

There really isn't any serious international uproar about it. Just people at sites like ATS. I think most sensible people have taken a look at the moon and noticed the CRATERS HUNDREDS OF MILES ACROSS and realized that another tiny 5 mile wide crater isn't going to blow up the moon or anything.

In the past, something blew a 2200km wide crater in the moon. That's a helluvalot more than we can do to it, likely not even with the entire combined nuclear arsenal of earth.

And what did it do to the moon? Left a huge crater, otherwise, not a whole lot.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Your theories have a few holes in them

• If they were to hit the moon to provoke a battle, then they would lose.

Why does everyone always assume that an alien race could wipe us out with ease just because they have mastered space travel? I know, I know if they are advanced enough to overcome the vast distances needed to get here, then their technology is obviously superior to our silly kinetic weapons, and high powered lasers that punch holes through millimeters of latex in under a minute right?

What if space travel is their most advanced technology? What if they invade us with flintlocks, and cannonballs? lol, I know thats a bit out there, but I really wouldn't throw in the towel that quickly, you forget just how "excuse my slang" ingenuitive us primates can be when backed into a corner, just because we have not yet mastered space travel does not mean that we do not stand a chance of thwarting an invasion from a hostile space race, keep in mind that we could have been colonizing our own star system back in the 80's if we chose to do so, of course that is nothing compared to interstellar travel I will give you that one, but it's still impressive nonetheless to make a leap like that in a 30yr. or so time span... You must also remember that while we have not yet taken our "in my eyes" inevitable leap beyond this rock as serious as others may have, the one thing that we have perfected did not require us leaving home to do so, you can always count on us for good fight "warfare"...

For God sake we have turned killing into an art form, we write books on "The Art of War" I mean seriously we create weapons that destroy the weapons we created to destroy, we teach our children how to mercilessly kill with just a few touches "and do it gracefully at that" it's like watching "The Lion King" on Broadway, were good at this *ish*... Seriously, do you truly believe that we would just duck, and cover, while a bunch of malnourished grey midgets in flying dinnerware, and bipedal iguana's fondled our planet? Highly unlikely, truth is I believe we would fight, and we would fight with everything we have, we are very resourceful, highly intelligent, battle hardened apes, with balls like a blue whale, survival is in our DNA, out of our darkest hours have come some of our greatest victories, and we have yet to figure out the meaning of quit.

I could guarantee that new technologies would be popping out of nowhere capable of wiping out whatever threat we were up against, we are not this timid, helpless race of accidental waste as many would have you believe, and the sooner we realize this, the better off we will be... lol, gotta love us savage cave people... Anyways I'm rambling on, the point is I just don't see a hostile force being able to come here, and take this God forsaken place from us before we have our chance at destroying it, "it's our birth right dammit"...

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Legionnaire622]

top topics

join