It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger to face court over call to 'take up arms'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Yeah I did it ....now I feel more like one of the gang...sorry off topic ...

Regardless of what he said on his blog, its for sure the noose is getting tighter all the time around our necks.
I will vote even though its no good....we here know that the majority are lazy and dont care , the other half are brainwashed by their TV's...the ones that actually know what is going on are out numbered 4 to 1. My own family and friends after years of talking about what goes on this website and shown them videos and news reports and they still think I am paranoid.
Were are in a pickel boys and girls , its gonna take some chosen leaders to be pulled from their office by the ear's....litterly....and in front of TV cammers,disclose there lies.

I like that idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Once you bring guns into the picture all bets are off, and we start at anarchy again.

It's not like all of the things we hope for magically becomes real, we would have simply thrown off the government.

Then comes the power vacuum. Rapes, murders, and general death and destruction.

Even in the French Revolution there were assassinations right and left after that for quite some time... The guillotine didn't stop being used on the aristocracy.. it was leveraged on many people who rose to power after as well.

This is why, we use ballots as opposed to bullets. Yes it takes money, primarily to become known, and to combat the constant disinformation from the opposition, but keep in mind that Obama raised a TON of money from the individuals who supported him. I gave for the first time ever, and all of my family did as well... so money is there, if people believe in what you are campaigning for...

I'd rather it take money to get elected in a peaceful manner than to have a crazy power vacuum with anarchy in the streets.

Yeah it would get bad I think , but just for a short time.
I , like most folks do not want anarchy. I like the idea of how our system is suposed to work. It just needs to have all the old mold removed and that aint gonna be pretty.

One thing is for sure, I sure like talking about these different views with you all. I learn so much here. We all share like kindergaden.Its fun to argue with think with people you don't even know. I love ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I really enjoy these discussions too.. they cause me to do more research than a college student :-)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did any of you guys read my post because I think it is one of the pieces to the puzzle here. This is clearly a First Amendment case and that the Supreme Court ruling mentioned in my post if applied to this case will get Turner off the hook.

I am in no way condoning his violent spiteful rhetoric but he may be protected by the First Amendment in this particular instance. So what do you guys think? Oh yeah, let me play devils advocate here; what do we do when the electoral process breaks down and we can no longer redress our grievances in that fashion?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Hey, I thought the exact same thing about the "upgrade" last Friday on ATS....whoa.....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is an example of free speech being choked out.
We have all sorts of people saying all kinds of crazy things all over the country to include hate and urges of violent actions against US citizens by radical Muslims and nobody's complaining. Leave this guy alone unless you're gonna round up everybody.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Although I do worry when ever someone is tried for merely speaking their mind(even when I dont agree with what they have to say), I cant really feel sorry for this fear-mongering racist. Guess karmas a [snip] sometimes.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
IM all for free speech but i am glad they got this numpty. He i advocating the killing of people. Lock him up and throw away the key!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

In George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four the government attempts to control not only the speech and actions, but also the thoughts of its subjects, labeling disapproved thoughts with the term thoughtcrime or, in Newspeak, "crimethink". In the book, Winston Smith, the main character, writes in his diary: "Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."

The Thought Police (thinkpol in Newspeak) are the secret police of the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four whose job it is to uncover and punish thoughtcrime. The Thought Police use psychology and omnipresent surveillance to find and eliminate members of society who are capable of the mere thought of challenging ruling authority.

Freedom of thought (also called freedom of conscience and freedom of ideas) is the freedom of an individual to hold or consider a fact, viewpoint, or thought, independent of others' viewpoints. It is closely related to, yet distinct from, the concept of freedom of expression.

Where is the governments proof that this mans writings are more than just thoughts? Does writing down an idea pose a threat? If a man fantasizes about about a co-worker is he jailed for rape? Yet when a man fantasizes of killing people, it is now a threat?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Did any of you guys read my post because I think it is one of the pieces to the puzzle here. This is clearly a First Amendment case and that the Supreme Court ruling mentioned in my post if applied to this case will get Turner off the hook.

I am in no way condoning his violent spiteful rhetoric but he may be protected by the First Amendment in this particular instance. So what do you guys think? Oh yeah, let me play devils advocate here; what do we do when the electoral process breaks down and we can no longer redress our grievances in that fashion?

You are correct. A previous federal case ruling already has Turner in the clear. This seems to be overlooked many times here. Brandenberg vs Ohio..

Using bullets over ballots is the last resort - you can't vote out the two same 'teams' in USA, they are the same thing - what has changed lately....?

edit2: It is also a constitutional republic, not a democratic republic.

Federalist papers #28 written by Alexander Hamilton states:

www.constitution.org...

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.

This is what your founding fathers wrote. If you can't even listen to them, then you have no right to be in a country which their blood, sweat and tears has crafted for you to live in and take over the reigns.

Your government has 'betrayed the constituents' many times. I'm guessing it's possibly the flouride in the water over there being one of the reasons that nothing has happened. Land of the sheep, home of the slave. To take a line from Terminator 2, Sarah O'Connor: "No fate but what we make".

It's in your hands. Hal is on the front line battling for you, you can call him a racist anti semite neo nazi yady yah, but find someone else with the balls to do what he is doing and get back to me. Hal and his suporters singlehandedly stopped Illegal Immigration laws being passed that would grant amnesty (remember they tried about 6 times to do this!!!) against the will of approximately 80-90% of Americans. The govt is not there to help you.

[edit on 22/6/09 by GhostR1der]

[edit on 22/6/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is a gray area of the law...you can satire a death threat, like writing a song about killing all the lawyers...but you cant actually instruct people with specific targets.

Type-O negative did a song that said kill all the white people...that is clearly satire...Manson instructed a group to kill some specific people...that is conspiracy to commit murder.

Guess it depends on how focused you are...or if it goes well with a tune...perhaps manson should have sung it...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hal Turner, piece of human excrement marinated in sewage that he is, still has the right to be such. he has the right to be turd drenched in pond life.

However, he was telling people to go murder others for no other reason than they are not white. Encouraging murder against people who are not doing anything wrong. Whether he was telling people or inciting people to do this, or simply stating his opinion, is the real trick here. Yelling fire in a crowded theater is not free speech. But does this count along the same lines?

That is the question for the courts, and unfortunately, I do not trust them to make the right decisions.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Government Example

They want to enforce their control and make an example of an American who is fed up with this out of control, spend happy, no accountability, hijacked Government!

When the Government fears the people you have freedom, when the people fear their Government you have tyranny.

I wonder who officially called arms against Britain? I wonder who called arms against any foreign force that tried to destroy what we have created in order to free ourselves from the very force that is again at our very doorstep NOW!

People have forgotten their roots, and forgotten their ancestors who died to give us all what these Elite out of control New World Order-ians are so desperately trying to take away at every turn, every bill and with every Constitutional article.

This guy said enough is enough. It is the right of the people when they see a renegade Government to dissolve that Government and replace it with one that represents the people - not banks and large corporations.

When the people are not heard by their Representatives anymore - there is a problem. When people are arrested for calling out political corruption in Government and calling to arms against a tyrannical forces, they should be considered patriots and supported by every man, woman and child in this fine Nation.

To find the corrupted, you need not look any farther than the local Government who brings the very case against this man!

God Bless America - or what is left of it!

And I must remind all of you again:
How hard would it be for any "REAL" American to show their original Birth Certificate - especially when running for the office of, say - President!

I have mine right here, you have to show it with a Social Security card when applying for any U.S. job.

Obama has a certificate of live birth - but no valid original - Birth Certificate.

What has become of our country?!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by arizonascott]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Governments can suppress, the more suppression there is, the more emotion is bottled up, when it reaches a point all hell breaks loose and that ain't pretty. Just think what would happen in Iran if the populace was armed, their insurrection would be over with by now. The endangered ones aren't the populace, it's the people in government supporting suppression. Man...I'm glad I'm too old for this sh*t, all I wanna do is get off this piece of sh*t planet for what it has turned into....lol

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Brandenberg vs Ohio cleared a guy who was promoting a march.

A march. Not a killing spree.

He was not instructing people to go shoot their legislators as this guy did

Getting on your soapbox and telling people to go shoot people is not protected speech, never has been, never will be.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well who is holding the city/state/govt accountable for their illegal actions, when you watch our laws and our constitution being totally disregarded some people begin to stew and become very unnerved, creating this kind of behavior that we are witnessing with people like Hal. So if this man can be charged with this crime(which I believe he should) than the govt should also be charged for being complicit in inciting dissent.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Try to get as many people together in a peaceful manner , and just overrun them with the people, we should be better than them and NOT have to resort to violence to change our world.

[edit on 22/6/09 by DataWraith]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

didnt you hear, its illegal to gather and protest now.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
you know some people get violent when you take away the bullets. t.v says shipments of bullets comming in all the time. t.v also says people just buy them up so fast. well dont beleive me, ask your local store if any new shipments of 9mm,357,38,doubl ot buck,22,44. actually came in. you will get none. no new shipments of these calibers.
270 will soon be gone when deer hunting starts up again, they almost gone now,303, and many others. but hey, you can buy all the environmentally friendly buckshot, birdshot tho. U know, the govt did not take away the 2nd amendment. they just took the ammo. ha, ha, ha, ha. lots of luck on the ammo, running low in minnesota. how about your state? dont beleive me check it out for yourself. you might want to buy while you still can.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Hal Turner - bigot, racist, anti-Semite, known neo-nazi, all around scumbag - and now, it would seem, hero of ATS? Good God people, what has this place become.

As distasteful as his views are, when his right to speak his mind is quashed, so is yours, and mine. I would imagine that both of us could find people that would love to shut us up. I know I could find such people in my case.

All they have to do is get to the right place in government.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Even trying to start a protest will get you arrested for "low-level" terrorism.

That's just their loving way of guaranteeing some high-level terrorism, by attempting to eliminate all dissent.

[edit on 2009/6/22 by nenothtu]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join