It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia hopes "down-to-earth" Obama drops Star Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Russia hopes "down-to-earth" Obama drops Star Wars

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia hopes U.S. President Barack Obama will not pursue his predecessor's plan to deploy weapons in space but Moscow is ready to respond appropriately to any such moves, a senior Russian general said on Wednesday.

Russia, negotiating with the United States a new treaty to curb nuclear arms to replace the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START-1) expiring in December, has argued against the "weaponisation of space".

I wonder what the United States response will be if they respond? Russia has spent immaculate amounts of money trying to compete with the U.S. and the rest of the world in the arms race and it is surely showing in affairs.

Seems to me Putin doesn’t want to be sucked into another space based arms race because of the current financial crises. Although according to Dr. von Braun the elite have planned this for years within their group of secrecy and unless the current military complex has been modified to an incredible extent then I expect that this shall not change.
Carol Rosin has been on a crusade to stop the implementation of space based weapons based from the intent of the supposed dying words or Dr. Von Braun.

“And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. “And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie.”

I think I was too naïve at that time to know the seriousness of the nature of the spin that was being put on the system. And now, the pieces are starting to fall into place. We are building a space-based weapons system on a premise that is a lie, a spin. Wernher Von Braun was trying to hint that to me back in the early 70’s and right up until the moment when he died in 1977. “

This was taken from a confession of Carol Rosin that can be found all over the net if searched on google.

So with all this going on is the alien card still able to be pulled? I’m guessing it’s got a pretty optimal chance of working its way into the world in a few years or so when they need it most. Maybe they’re saving it for when they have to eventually deal with a conflict between Russia they’re going to use it as a diversion for the “Greater good” (As in watchmen the Hollywood blockbuster) to pull humanity together in a last stance against what may be presented as a war against humanity by outside forces. Whether it be a false flag or a real war perpetuated by they elite governments in the world against other interplanetary species, no one could no for sure.

Also on a side note: this may correlate somewhat with this thread Nasa Prepares to Bomb the Moon

[edit on 18-6-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I always find it funny when they are like, hey America, don't do it. It isn't like they aren't going to do it.

It's all political posturing. I doubt Obama will do it though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yea I would cast my doubts on Obama going through with this, yet who's to say the subject is really even in Obama's hands?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Oh I'm sure we have more weapons orbiting earth than we know. They just don't want to "officially" kick off a space wars race. Although there was an article about how NASA might not making back to the moon.

It's just a matter of perspective. Everything is planned everything on TV is just a dog and pony show. When everybody comes out of their slumber TPTB will have hell to pay.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Russia cannot afford to compete with the US. In the "real world" since the demise of communism, Russia has struggled to keep its military maintained - even in the good times when the money flowed with high oil prices. All the artists impressions of fancy new Russain kit don't fool anyone anymore!

Russia needs to stop pretending it has any capability to compete. Russia has some aces up its sleeve, like relations with Iran. All the other cards are with the US. Behind the rhetoric, Russia will have to make to concessions and accept reality.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Remind me country just had the bottom fall out of its economy? The US isn't doing any better in Afghanistan than the Soviets did. (Less bodycount, sure, but that's not how you win wars).

The Russian military is quite suited to their purposes; it's not like they need more. They obviously don't particularly want an arms race in space and they aren't planning to start one. Is anyone else? What for?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Towards, Wembley, the difference in that aspect is we didn't go there to conquer we have ulterior motives for going there. But as someone stated Russia can try and try again but for the current state of affairs the US is the most powerful country in the world. Whether you want to believe it or not. If you want physical proof just look at Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join