It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I would appreciate any reply you can give... even if it's just a confirmation that you are real.

Thank you,
[my real life name went here]"

I'll let you guys know if I get a letter back

Thanks. I have been following this thread closely and would be very curious to know if you get a reponse. I don't get my hopes up too much anymore because of past hoaxes. But I still would love this to be the real deal......

~Face

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

I decided to do a little investigating...
I wrote the following email to an address that "Perseus" gives in his posts. The "blog" I refer to is a little thing I do on my college alumni page wherein I talk about ET-related stuff now and then. Since my letter didn't bounce back immediately I assume it went through:
"Sir,
Hello, you don't know me... but I've noticed your radio observation on multiple SETI-related websites (concerning the strange signal at 1428 MHZ). I have to say that you've completely intrigued me...

I write a blog for a website alumni from my college visit. On it I often refer to things SETI is doing, and when I saw one of your posts I immediately posted some of its observations on my blog. My friends/readers would like to know more about your observations, however. Is there anything else you would like to report concerning them... both from a technical and personal standpoint?

I'm writing this because many people on the internet are talking about a 'mystery radio recording', yet, when their sources are tracked down, they seem to lead to you. I just want (to be honest) to make sure that you're a real person and not some hoaxer who posted the same material on multiple websites. I hope that admission doesn't come across as rude. I think that we can both agree that, when it comes to this subject, it's necessary to make sure that everyone is getting data from a 'real' source.

I would appreciate any reply you can give... even if it's just a confirmation that you are real.

Thank you,
[my real life name went here]"

I'll let you guys know if I get a letter back

Nice Work onlyinmydreams!
This is getting really Interesting

I'll keep my eyes open.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Cardu]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
if this isnt real then this is one of the best leading posts i've been into! i mean the Suspence is KILLIN! ME! AHHHH~! ���

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
if this isnt real then this is one of the best leading posts i've been into! i mean the Suspence is KILLIN! ME! AHHHH~! ���

Me too! This thread has been driving me crazy ro 48 hours!!!!!!!

I want some confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Could it be that the signal is the GTS (Global Timing System) transmission from the space station? I believe that is transmitted at 1428 megahertz. That would obviously be coming from space.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Has anyone found any other information on this topic? I would have thought maybe the news would have had at least something on about this.

Is there a program you can download which will allow you to slow the wav. file down so you can listen to it more clearly?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Has anyone found any other information on this topic? I would have thought maybe the news would have had at least something on about this.

Is there a program you can download which will allow you to slow the wav. file down so you can listen to it more clearly?

Nothing else found so far EW. I guess we'll have to wait until onlyinmydreams gets a reply from "Perseus".

What intrigues me is the *lack* of information eg what receiver was being used and, most importnatly, what type of aerial, because the reported signal strength ("9++") is extremely strong and suggest a "local" signal rather than one emanating from "outer space".

As regards a way to slow down the signal, I guess Viendin is the person to ask? I wouldn'y know where to start - sorry

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
On my Windows XP system I slowed it down by going to the start Menu > Accessories > Entertainment > and choosing "Sound Recorder" which has some playback speed options.

This thread has my attention, too. I'm anxious to get some updates because I have found nothing on my own.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Please vote for this thread! Please!!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Sanctum,
That last radar incidents that I recall were both on the east coast. One was a Canadian facility and I believe the other was in Maryland. It is interesting that SETI hasn't made any type of statement.

I mean no dis' to SETI, but i don't think it would be up to them
to make an official mainstream press release. The Gov' would be
all over it.
Sanc'.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I mean no dis' to SETI, but i don't think it would be up to them to make an official mainstream press release. The Gov' would be all over it.
Sanc'.

Hi Sanctum!

Good point!

However, I think the Government would have difficulty suppressing the information if an alien/ ET signal *was* discovered. Since the signal would be detectable by anyone with the right equipment (so long as the object was above their horizon ie North or South Hemisphere), then we'd be talking about a very large conspiracy to stop the release of any such announcement, IMO

The signal would be detectable by other countries/ equipment and not, therefore, the "property" of any particular governemnt per se. After all, wouldn't there be some kudos in being the country that actually found proof of ET's existence??

The "Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence " are discussed here and outline what *should* happen in the event of an alien signal being detected...

Note that I said "should" - I have no way of knowing if these things *would* happen, of course!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya

I mean no dis' to SETI, but i don't think it would be up to them to make an official mainstream press release. The Gov' would be all over it.
Sanc'.

Hi Sanctum!

Good point!

However, I think the Government would have difficulty suppressing the information if an alien/ ET signal *was* discovered. Since the signal would be detectable by anyone with the right equipment (so long as the object was above their horizon ie North or South Hemisphere), then we'd be talking about a very large conspiracy to stop the release of any such announcement, IMO

The signal would be detectable by other countries/ equipment and not, therefore, the "property" of any particular governemnt per se. After all, wouldn't there be some kudos in being the country that actually found proof of ET's existence??

The "Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence " are discussed here and outline what *should* happen in the event of an alien signal being detected...

Note that I said "should" - I have no way of knowing if these things *would* happen, of course!!

Touche, Genya. I just thought the kudos for ATS/SETI would be
great...but, Gov't red tape

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Touche, Genya. I just thought the kudos for ATS/SETI would be
great...but, Gov't red tape

No worries Sanc - let's hope we hear something from Perseus (I'm in a mind to contact him/ her myself!!)

And, we *continue* to crunch work units for SETI/ BOINC just in case there are more signals out there to discover!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can you remember that WOW file alittle while back now that was detected. It was a normal detection that suddenly jumped, now i dont know what it jumped to but i wonder if it a similar thing, no one has been able to explain the wow thing.

I hope this is something good!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Randy Stegemeyer, has developed a fairly easy and inexpensive 1420mhz radio telescope using a C-Band Dish. Here's a link to his project page
1420 MHZ project

It would be kinda neat to build one. Too bad I sold my C-Band Dish, Oh Well.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.drao-ofr.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...

DA568 was noted in a 1420MHz survey of Galt & Kennedy (1968; AJ, 73, 135) made with the 26-m Telescope at DRAO. It was also noted in a Dwingeloo 1417MHz survey as DW2153+57 (BAN, 19, 201, 1967). Galt & Kennedy classified DA568 as a point source and, along with a number of other sources, as being ``part of HB22''. DA568 has three qualities which then allowed it to disappear from the astronomical literature: it is big, it is thermal, and it is not visible optically. It may be hard to believe, but after the initial two survey papers in 1967 and 1968, DA568 just drops off the catalogues of radio sources and HII regions in the outer Galaxy. It is easily seen in the contour maps from the various Effelsberg surveys, but the size of the object (~30' diameter) meant that it was not included in the subsequent catalogues, which focused on small diameter or point sources. As there is no obvious optical emission associated with the object, it also does not have an associated Sh2, LBN, or BFS number. This leads to the strange result that various ``complete'' catalogues of HII regions in the outer Galaxy do list the optically-visible, 3' diameter, BFS10 HII region, but omit the 30' diameter DA568 HII region.

Although this may upset some of our more sensitive readers' sense of completeness and tidiness, it would be of little note except for the fact that DA568 is clearly a large area of ongoing star-formation in the Perseus arm, and not some old, worn-out, HII region that was overlooked because of its very low surface brightness or because it has been reduced to inconsequential wisps of ionized material.

All the above was taken from the above link. Notice how this also would reflect the "wow" signal in the late 60's early 70's that was received in the same spectrum. Notice how the "discovery" of this signal seems to correspond to the same frame of time, April through May. Possibly in relation ship to the milky ways spin and our relative position to this emission source DA568. A maturing star cluster.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry to be so Dense, but That means???? Its probably not Intelligent or could be?

Thanks for advance for any laymen terms =)

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It means that this "item" is not listing in most star cataloges, so receiving emissions in this freq range are listed as coming from an unknown source.

A formation of young stars can give off a wide range of energy, and because this item DA568 is mostly thermal and is not currently generating enough visable light to be detected it has been dropped from most databases.

So IF this is where the signal is coming from, then no its not from a life form or a contact signal. Its simply energy radiating from the young stars that are forming.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Perfect, Thank You. Didnt someone tell those forming Stars not to use that Freq range. Damm Kids!!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I might add that if the government was trying to cover up extra-terrestrials, wouldn't they say that it's one of their things that is making this frequency transmission?

I mean, it'd be pretty easy for them to say "uhh yeah it's this one special radio transmitter we have... we just can't tell you where it is ... or what it's for."

*shrug*

Just a thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join