It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im intrested in hearing it not translating it (unless they made it that easy to translate)

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
Im intrested in hearing it not translating it (unless they made it that easy to translate)
Just wondering...there's so many nutbags on ATS that it would only be so long before people start asking to hear the signal because they might believe the signal is a coded message from David Icke's Reptilian Aliens.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I still believe taht the signal is originating from a government facility. Being an amateur radio op, I think there's just too many problems with the nature and strength of this signal for it to be coming from anywhere but here. I guess the only reptillions I'll be seeing soon are the turtles sunning themselves on the log in the pond near our library.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I guess the only reptillions I'll be seeing soon are the turtles sunning themselves on the log in the pond near our library.
I wouldn't bet on that...according to some on this board it's a great possibility your Librarian may be a Reptilian...or possibly the Janitor or maybe the turtles are reptilian alien spies sent here millions of years ago and they've lost their ability to speak because of the worlds pollution and one day they'll come for their little shell backed brothers and we'll all reap the whirlwind of bad lizard breath and large spiked genitalia assualts.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I still believe taht the signal is originating from a government facility. Being an amateur radio op, I think there's just too many problems with the nature and strength of this signal for it to be coming from anywhere but here. I guess the only reptillions I'll be seeing soon are the turtles sunning themselves on the log in the pond near our library.

A similar thing happened in Oz about 6-7 yrs ago, re: strange freq'
being detected at one of our radio tele', i can't remember which.
It turned out to be the new remote's that the staff were given to
open the new security boom gate. Cinncinatti style. True story.
S.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just went through SETI's site and they have no info on this...Why wouldn't SETI have any info, and if not them, who was able to pick op this signal and track it to off-world origins?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
What to do if you think you've detected extraterrestrial signals:

1. First make sure it isn't something from our own civilization. And make sure it isn't just an astronomical phenomenon. Don't announce that you've detected ETs until you have checked this out. If you can't prove that it is from an intelligent civilization, then just announce it as an unknown astronomical phenomenon. (This is done through scientific societies.)

2. Before announcing your discovery, you should contact other astronomers so that they can check whether they, too, see what you see. You shouldn't make a public announcement until you're sure it really is an intelligent extraterrestrial signal. And you should tell your government about it.

3. If you're still convinced it really is a signal from another civilization, then announce it to the astronomers of the world through the International Astronomical Union, and tell the Secretary General of the United Nations. And also inform the scientific societies that have been studying SETI

Planetary Society

From the date on the RADAR clip this happened May 1 so if this is for real they should be going through these steps right now.

i think they are still going thru the steps of comfirmation. As for who picked up the signal, prolly alot of different people, but all are going thru the steps above to figure out if its public matieral or not.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Trance]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sanctum,
That last radar incidents that I recall were both on the east coast. One was a Canadian facility and I believe the other was in Maryland. It is interesting that SETI hasn't made any type of statement.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this is a cool post but just because it is off of the planet doesnt meen that it has anything to do with aliens probably just sattelite related

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So when is this news going to reach the mainstream media?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
After all the Steps have been taken to rule out any other interference if im not mistaken. then maybe they might say sumthing, so at this stage it could still be swamp gas reflecting the light of venus (Flashes a light) "ok right so it is swamp gas reflecting the light of venus, thank you come again"

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
is there a version with it super slowed down>?

or what programs can u use to slow it down?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i was wondering the same thing with all this talk about phones ringing in the background an computer noises i wanna hear formyself.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i can't believe it. I go away for a short a while and the aliens have made contact.
this is truly fascinating, it would be nice to hear some official stance from NASA or SETI on this one...i wonder what they are trying to say??

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder what the Magnometer readings were last night when all this happened?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
thanks, everyone, for providing those links...

when I follow them, though, they all seem to lead back to the source known as "Perseus"... who seems to have posted on multiple websites. Has anyone seen any sites with info about this signal that wasn't provided by "Perseus"?

Again, thanks

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
while searching for another source (besides "Perseus") i came across these links you guys might enjoy reading:

www.planetary.org...
(the planetary society explains what SETI (and SETI at home) is looking for and why

www.seti-inst.edu...
examples from Project Phoenix/SETI of things detected near 1420 MHZ

an essay about the 'WOW' signal from the 70s

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just found two more websites/threads where "Perseus" is the source of the 1428 MHZ story:

web2news.ac-versailles.fr... =e72d83b31ccc04b02a5e221c6d90f6e5

www.brujula.net...

OK... possibilities:
1.It's the same guy, but this really did happen and he wants to spread his net as wide as possible (he's contacting EVERY SETI-type site inorder to find people with similar experiences)..
2.It's the same guy, but he's trying to spread a hoax (through multiple postings)
3.Other people have reported this, but this guy's multiple posts have blocked them out (at least in terms of quickie internet searches)

Right now I'm leaning towards a hoax... but, if he was hoaxing, why did he use the same handle/name? He could have easily invented new names for each website.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I decided to do a little investigating...
I wrote the following email to an address that "Perseus" gives in his posts. The "blog" I refer to is a little thing I do on my college alumni page wherein I talk about ET-related stuff now and then. Since my letter didn't bounce back immediately I assume it went through:

"Sir,
Hello, you don't know me... but I've noticed your radio observation on multiple SETI-related websites (concerning the strange signal at 1428 MHZ). I have to say that you've completely intrigued me...

I write a blog for a website alumni from my college visit. On it I often refer to things SETI is doing, and when I saw one of your posts I immediately posted some of its observations on my blog. My friends/readers would like to know more about your observations, however. Is there anything else you would like to report concerning them... both from a technical and personal standpoint?

I'm writing this because many people on the internet are talking about a 'mystery radio recording', yet, when their sources are tracked down, they seem to lead to you. I just want (to be honest) to make sure that you're a real person and not some hoaxer who posted the same material on multiple websites. I hope that admission doesn't come across as rude. I think that we can both agree that, when it comes to this subject, it's necessary to make sure that everyone is getting data from a 'real' source.

I would appreciate any reply you can give... even if it's just a confirmation that you are real.

Thank you,
[my real life name went here]"

I'll let you guys know if I get a letter back

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join