It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you say thank you for applause?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound petty in the grand scheme of things here on ATS, but does anyone else feel ignorant when they get an applause and are instructed not to reply?

I think the applause thing is a great feature, everyone whether they admit it or not, likes a compliment now and again, and i've always been brought up to say thank you in response.

The mods work damn hard to keep this place running smoothly, and i think that as well as the crap that gets flung thier way, it would be nice to acknowledge that thier work is appreciated too.

So although we are told not to reply to any applause that is u2u'd to us, i would like to say thank you to all the staff here (no law against that one
).

A little appreciation goes a long way when you've had a headfull looking at this place for hours lol.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I always say thank you. I think its important for the Mods and Staff to know that we appreciate them for rewarding us for our hard work. Its only polite.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing it up.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I never expect it when I get them, and i figure that the Mods are so busy I dont reply but send them an occassional greeting on their profiles to let them know I appreciate them.

It is sweet of you to discuss this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Myth!
I've so wanted to - but figured I'd just make the Mod mad by replying when it says not to! lol

I'll keep an eye on this to see what the consensus is.

I've always felt bad not saying thank you...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ha, glad you brought it up!
I chickened out at the sight of the bold-fonted "Do not reply to this U2U" and subsequently failed to thank the dear mods.. So here goes: Thanks dear mods!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
HERE's a thread I made asking about it a while back if that helps you at all. A lot of staff pitched in to answer.

As a member, I tried to thank the staff. Although you cannot reply to the u2u directly, you can still paste their names into the slot in place of 'Forum Staff.' That's what I always did.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

lol, they always seem to appreciate it when I respond. They are nice and I am sure it makes them feel good.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I usually do send the mod a quick thank you. Sometimes I get distracted and forget, but for the most part I send a quick one that just thanks them for the applause. I react the same way I would if someone were to tell me I was doing a good job in person, I would thank them for the praise. No reason for good manners to go out the window just because we're talking reading words on a computer screen.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
Ha, glad you brought it up!
I chickened out at the sight of the bold-fonted "Do not reply to this U2U" and subsequently failed to thank the dear mods.. So here goes: Thanks dear mods!

Lol thats what i do.....but i'm a big one for manners and it bugs me for ages if i just delete the u2u and don't say anything.

Glad to hear it's not just me.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks Ashley.

I see other mods there say it's fine to thank them individualy too, so thats the way i'll play it from now on.

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
HERE's a thread I made asking about it a while back if that helps you at all. A lot of staff pitched in to answer.

As a member, I tried to thank the staff. Although you cannot reply to the u2u directly, you can still paste their names into the slot in place of 'Forum Staff.' That's what I always did.

Good idea; I'll start doing that too.

I've felt bad about not saying thank-you for applause here.
It gives me a great thrill when one shows their appreciation for my posts.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I got some bonus points for a thread I was paying attention to but didn't thank the mod who gave me the points since of the don't reply to this u2u thing.

Thanks anyway

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Honestly I rarely do send a thank you, sometimes though depending on the situation and FSME or staff member. I try to stay within the "ATS Etiquette" and act professional about it,lol. I figure the thank you is already acknowledged by the post or thread you made to garner the applause.

To all who have given me an applause: THANK YOU VERY MUCH and because I do not respond does not mean I do not appreciate it!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do Not Reply To This Post!!!

Honestly, I'd say about half of the members I've applauded have thanked me and it felt nice to get it. Thing is, though, the 'Do not reply' clause is really an out for those who would rather not, and that's OK too.

No-one should feel they should U2U in response.

Besides, you all know how busy staff is.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Whats Applause? Just kidding, I only have a few, and feel honored when I get them. But like other users here I chicken out when it comes to sending a thank you. So here it is!

[edit on 17-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I almost never get an applause but when I do get one, it makes me feel really good.

So thank you mods ! I applaud you too!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Time to clear something up...

The reason the Applause U2U has the disclaimer Do not reply to this U2U is because the U2U is generated from a general account "FORUM STAFF."

If you reply to it, no one, including the staff member who applauded you will receive it.

I hope that clears things up.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sigh, I would but I really can't with flood control in effect.

Nah, I have U@Ued to thank the mod or FSME for every applause I ever got.
Common courtesy in my opinion.

Plus it's not like they're allergic to attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I always say thank you if they do something for me if I can but I don't reply to applauses because I feel more like I earn those.
I always do try to say thanks tho out of respect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join