It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I saw this phrase on the internet last night when I clicked to a website from one of the links in somebodys post. This morning before I woke up my mind started dreaming about this phrase and I was trying to figure out what this "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" phrase meant. So I did a search on the internet and found many references to it, including mainstream media. I've heard of this phrase before, when I never had internet. I've only had the internet in my living quarters for about 8 months now. I understand that this phrase is some type of internet phenomenon. Well, this might sound crazy, but it feels like this phrase was calling my attention to it, almost like it was alive. My feeling is that the internet has an consciousness of its own and that it has included myself as one of its own. It's strange when I think about it. What do you think about this "all your base are belong to us" phrase?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's what I think:
All your base...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This may help you understand the phrase.

www.planettribes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge the intro is a really old Japanese video game that was translated to English rather poorly.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is interesting to know that this phrase has captivated the attention of the media to the extent that it has. I also find it interesting that it has made the front cover of Time Magazine. Anyway, it seems like it has brought so much people together for some odd reason.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This was the biggest thing on the 'net about a year ago. Please for the love of god, don't let me hear the music. It took me months to get it out of my system.

"They set us up the bomb", Aaaargh!

*tears hair out*

I did like the website with hundreds of AYB photos though.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Last time I checked... i do believe these were cheat codes to the Age of Empires game.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Anyway, it seems like it has brought so much people together for some odd reason.

Brought people together??? How as it brought people together?

I thought it was only a phrase used by geeks and gamers.

DarkHelmet : I love your Spaceballs quote lol...

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You have no chance to make your time!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Here is the original:

All your base are belong to us

CJ

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When I read before bed (yes when I do it) I often end up dreaming that i'm reading (when i'm part asleep part awake in morning) it seems as if i'm actually readin the story as it's written but it's all made up by me.

It's a bit like a movie in my head of the story that seems very real. But it's just because it's on my mind that I start drteaming about it, I assume your in the same position, it's on your mind it comes into your dreams.

top topics

join