It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosce te ipsum
I was just watching CNN AC360 and across the bottom it said 6 deaths in Canada and 1 in Spain. I'm sure I read this right, but I will keep searching for a confirmation link. I didn't read the tread for the last couple hours, so I hope this isn't old news.

No death in Canada yet, only a few mild cases. Probably a typo on CNN's behalf

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by elitegamer23

Good post!

I am making a list and honestly going in the am just "in case"...worst that can happen is that happily,I need nothing I will buy.

Sweet Dreams to all...and I mean that!

i think you said you are in texas and i saw on the news houston is out of surgical mask and n95 rated mask.

you better act on what ever you think you need to do before its too late.
sleep well .

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I was just watching CNN AC360 and across the bottom it said 6 deaths in Canada and 1 in Spain. I'm sure I read this right, but I will keep searching for a confirmation link. I didn't read the tread for the last couple hours, so I hope this isn't old news.

Just turned to CNN and saw that exact same thing at the bottom of the screen too. 6 dead in canada and 1 in spain. hope that isnt right

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tedpi

No death in Canada yet, only a few mild cases. Probably a typo on CNN's behalf

That's a serious typo at this stage. They should be more careful.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
bunch of other links there too.

SWINE FLU: New Jersey Identifies 5 Probable Cases

www.huffingtonpost.com...

uh oh,Defcon 5 for myself...If you see on the news of a man in nj wearing full on chemical NBC gear wile shopping for food,thats me..

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow if some of you aren't a testament to what's wrong with our country I don't know what is. Instead of taking maybe a box of masks you gotta take more than you obviously need and wipe out the whole store? What about other people? (snip) Nobody gives a flying (snip) about anyone anymore.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
NBC chicago is going to report at 10 that someone in chicago might have the swine flu

false alarm

A patient who just returned from Mexico ill with flu-like symptoms tested negative for the virus Monday evening.

NBC chicago

[edit on 27-4-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

i did that today, at rite aid in cortland, box of 7 for 5 bucks... there was one box left

thankfully i stocked up on some surgical mask and n95 mask saturday at a walmart out of town. considering im the only one in my family who pays attention i had to buy for more then just myself.

Originally posted by retroviralsounds

Again, I would invest in at least A BOX of nitrile or latex gloves.

why buy nitrile gloves when i can just borrow a bunch from work

Originally posted by pcgeek

I am in Iowa too and was at wal-mart yesterday and bought 5 packs. they looked at me kind of funny.

cool what part of iowa? im just outside of the quad cities.

its just a matter of time before we are reporting cases in iowa m8.

something else wonderful to buy in these times is antibacterial lotion and a thermometer.

peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Modesty people. We are going to have to be in this for the long haul. Don't be a typical american for once and practice some discipline and don't exhaust all of our resources right out of the gate. Trust me people, this thing is not going anywhere for awhile.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted but this is a frequently updated google map of possible/confirmed cases.

maps.google.com...,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.4882 81&z=5

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Wow if some of you aren't a testament to what's wrong with our country I don't know what is. Instead of taking maybe a box of masks you gotta take more than you obviously need and wipe out the whole store? What about other people? (snip) Nobody gives a flying (snip) about anyone anymore.

I didnt buy tons of them. I got 5 packs and didnt horde them. I gave some to my parents, Enough for my wife, son and one other family member. That way they wouldnt have to go out there if there is a mad rush. I would never buy all of them. Your right buy buying them all, you could inturn be screwing other people over. We need to work together in a time of crysis and try to help as many people as we can.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

nice language !
what would 11 boxes of mask do for a community of 25,000? i didnt buy any from my local walmart but someone sure did. in times like this its better to worry about your own ass and those you love.

do you really think people are going to give a crap about you when the shtf?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I am in Oskaloosa.

Forgot all about rubber gloves. will pick those up if they still have them. They had tons of masks when I was there yesterday. Paint section, garden section and pharmacy. Gonna go out there in a bit and report back

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I talked to a Mexican guy I work with today. He told me he had spoken with his mother in Mexico City yesterday (Sunday). According to her, the hospitals in Mexico City are full. His nephew was supposed to go in for a minor surgery, but this was not possible due to the influx of flu patients. Mexico City would not be a fun place to be right now... Largest city in the Western Hemisphere, 22 million people or something like that, overwhelmed hospitals, schools closed until further notice...On the ground, it does not look good. Hopefully, deaths in other affected areas will remain low or non-existent. Andy

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

nice language !
what would 11 boxes of mask do for a community of 25,000? i didnt buy any from my local walmart but someone sure did. in times like this its better to worry about your own ass and those you love.

do you really think people are going to give a crap about you when the shtf?

I do tend to agree with you on that. I can assure you that none of my neighbors would give me a mask if the saw that I didnt have one. But if I have enough to share I will sure try to help. I have a wife and small child to worry about. Everyone else comes in very close to the bottom of the list after them

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Yeah I see that now. I am looking for updates but not much luck yet.

It looks like 2 were sent last week and more were sent I am assuming today? Really wish I knew where these were coming from.

Edit to add I just found it looks like it came out of South Bend

On Monday, two patients at The South Bend Clinic showed possible symptoms. Doctors are now waiting on further testing from the state to determine if those patients have the swine flu or some other strain.

Sorry not sure how to post links yet but found it on WSBT channel 2

[edit on 4/27/2009 by mommy4life]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

cool you are probably 2 hours west of me. im guessing the first outbreaks in iowa will be in the quad cities area because its just 2 hours from chicago . also des moines, ames, iowa city, and cedar rapids are places where i could see this thing really get legs in iowa.

this will be an interesting weekend on the earth in a morbid and tragic way

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
20 in Santa Cruz with severe symptoms!

Based on calls her office has received, Dr. Poki Stewart Namkung said there are about 20 people in Santa Cruz County experiencing "severe" flu like symptoms.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek

I do tend to agree with you on that. I can assure you that none of my neighbors would give me a mask if the saw that I didnt have one. But if I have enough to share I will sure try to help. I have a wife and small child to worry about. Everyone else comes in very close to the bottom of the list after them

if the shtf and this becomes a world wide pandemic, your family will be the only people you should care for and most your friends wont even be your friends anymore.

it would become sort of an everyone for themselves scenario.

95% of people or more are not ready for a pandemic.

and they will be looking to prey on people who were.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You knew this had to happen, now Twitter and swine flu make the news...

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The swine flu outbreak is spawning debate about how people get information during health emergencies -- especially at a time when news sources are becoming less centralized.

Some observers say Twitter -- a micro-blogging site where users post 140-character messages -- has become a hotbed of unnecessary hype and misinformation about the outbreak, which is thought to have claimed more than 100 lives in Mexico.

"This is a good example of why [Twitter is] headed in that wrong direction, because it's just propagating fear amongst people as opposed to seeking actual solutions or key information," said Brennon Slattery, a contributing writer for PC World. "The swine flu thing came really at the crux of a media revolution."

In other words... Don't trust the information on twitter you fools... ONLY the MSM can inform you properly.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join