It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

Welcome aboard. Fasten your seat belt and your foil hat.

It was an UFO that also brought me here. Some of the best research you will ever find is right here.

As far as this supposed out break... I am following the dollars.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Now I don't even trust WHO

Congratulations, you've taken a step forward.
Keep going, the fog keeps clearing as you continue to wake up.

Don't worry!

I woke up a long long time ago! - I was a pain in the a$$ for my teachers during the 1970/80's

As a former UN-soldier, the last micro hope that I had left for an International organisation was for WHO - not anymore!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Swine flu is RESISTANT to tamiflu

Clinical data were obtained for 265 patients. In total, 183 (67.3%) of 272 viruses were oseltamivir resistant.

see thread for full story..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
so wait. we've gone from hundreds dead in mexico to just a few. and now places are not testing and/or not reporting. just wth is going on. they're playing games or covering something up or the people "in charge" maybe should all just have very red faces. this is beginning to REALLY piss me off.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hi, glad we got together on this.

As for Austin schools only the Comal district is closed but lots of local gatherings seem to be canceled.

You especially take care in your work.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have a question, don't know whether someone has asked this already.

Tamiflu. Isn't this what the government in the UK has been stockpiling for about 5 years in preperation for a pandemic. Wasn't Tamiflu stockpiled for the bird flu outbreak? Also does Tamiflu have some sort of shelf life?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I genuinely believe that this is an actual fault but for those of the paranoid Tin Hat Brigade; here is something to nibble on...

The BBC's Have Your Say messageboards are unfortunately not quite living up to their name at the moment, for which I'd like to apologise.

A technical fault has meant that the boards have been down since Wednesday evening and despite the best efforts of our software engineers it's likely that the problem isn't going to be fixed for a few more days.

It's doubly unfortunate that we've been hit with the problem in the middle of the outbreak of swine flu - between Monday and Wednesday this week Have Your Say had around 500,000 hits and provided our audience with a valuable insight into the experiences of people around the world and what they were thinking about the story.

We're working hard to fix the fault, as we recognise that for many Have Your Say is an extremely important platform that allows them to voice their views and opinions on the most important issues of the day. And for the BBC it is a highly valued way to listen to what matters to our audience and to find out what they are thinking about key stories, which we then feed into our journalism.

As a result, while we continue to investigate the issues, we will still offer an opportunity for you to Have Your Say on one or two of the big stories of the day. You'll be able to email in your views and experiences on those subjects and the HYS moderators will publish a selection of them. We'll be able to publish far fewer comments that we usually do and it will take longer for us to do that. But we hope that it will provide you with a least a flavour of what everyone is thinking and we will publish as many comments as we possibly can. So please bear with us and please continue to contribute your views.

We'll provide an update on the issue early next week.

Linky Link Link

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I think I just got the answer to the SOMETHING MISSING with all of this flu news. It ISN"T THE FLU IT"S SELF it is the SECONDARY INFECTIONS FROM IT! Gawd i fell like an idiot. There was an article from a scientist about how they are waiting a week to 10 days to see where it goes blah blah blah. That is how long it would take them to amass a data base about the secondary infection's sprouting up from/over the inital virus. Yeah it may not be that bad of a virus BUT what is it opening the infected person up to catching or developing!

Exactly, if they had not gotten the flu they would not have gotten a secondary infection. However, the pneumonia diagnosis may not all be secondary. A diagnosis of Atypical Pneumonia means a viral pneumonia...so they get the flu virus and pneumonia develops from that. It would not all be secondary infections or underlying conditions. Atypical pneumonia deaths on a flu victim would be a very clear diagnosis of influenza death.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah! thanks mate! - That's what we are waiting for then, their definition of 'easily spread' in 'community level outbreak!'

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Karel Paborsky

Personally that is the first time i've ever known part of the BBC News site to go down, especially have your say, let alone in the middle of an important news event.

Just like when they had a glitch with the reporting of the collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11. I try to be rational most of the time, but this reeks to me.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

My amateur results...at least one ambulance a day, most of the bleach was sold out at a local grocery, but Walgreen's was calm. I saw one who probably had it yesterday. He's usually healthy, but the college infirmary isn't going to do a swab.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab
reply to post by Night Watchman

Different from the previous version, before the graph change?

No they are different FROM ONE ANOTHER. So clearly, the WHO has not combined them since they are defined differently on their website. It's very clear.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

That was a different strain of H1N1 entirely. Besides what has evolved to be resistant in one country may not have evolved in another. They will continue to test samples for resistance to antivirals.

I can show research links from CDC last year if you like. There is no connection between last years H1N1 and the newly combined strain in circulation now. Although, with that being said, it doesn't mean that a few cases of the old strain might not show up.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by 13Etznab
reply to post by Night Watchman

Different from the previous version, before the graph change?

No they are different FROM ONE ANOTHER. So clearly, the WHO has not combined them since they are defined differently on their website. It's very clear.

That I know... I was saying they were identical than the previous version, before the graph changed. That is why I did't mention them... Geez...

I know this is 2 different steps, don't care about that. I am asking why the graph is now more complicated and difficult to understand.

And by that I mean that before, with a quick look, we could see all steps clearly defined WITHOUT having to read.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by 13Etznab]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
are they saying the truth?
most positive media articles on swine flu from yesterday are related to interviews from the CDC's expert Nancy Cox. so we are reading what the CDC wants.

- initially they said influenza A is very difficult to cultivate, make it grow in a lab or something like this, and that the vaccine would take years to be ready. now they are saying it will be very fast to make one(few weeks)?
- mexico government was happy yesterday because the number of cases was decreasing. great, but this was only possible after shutting down the country. when mexico is restarted what will happen?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The statistics changed because they changed the parameters and seem to be continuing to change them in order to fit some agenda.

Since the victims in Mexico actually died of pneumonia or other secondary effects I wouldn't be surprised if they revised the number of deaths listed as "flu" minus the large number of actual downstream fatalities, probably in order to keep from scaring the crap out of people or more likely - from pissing them off.

If there is a lack of fatalities in the US which can only be explained by the quality and availability of health care, well that's the kind of scandal that brings down governments. Given the state of affairs in Mexico lately I wouldn't be surprised to find they don't want that issue given too much attention.

There's definitely some hidden agenda of some sort at play here. Everyone knows it, you can see it clear as day and even "feel" it. Everyone is curious what the "missing link" is in this chain of data. Now add in "conflicting agendas" and the expected results match in theory closely to the dancing butt monkey circus we're watching.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
this is a test this is only a test. this is a test of the world pandemic system.
if this had been a actual pandemic you would have been given instructions on where to go and get your tamaflu shots and which FEMA Camps and or other Goverment Camps in which you are to report to.

this has only been a test

Now Be A Good Little Citizen

link   
reply to post by Kram09

The other day the Wales section had adopted the BBC's US election coverage graphics. I see it as technology, it breaks really easily and especially when designed by humans.

link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Now they can choose a number whenever it fits them!

Again, you are misrepresenting. Are you doing this purposely or do you truly not understand the difference.

Phase 5 is invoked when there is evidence of human to human spread of the virus within at least two countries WITHIN THE SAME WHO REGION.

Phase 6 requires that human to human transmission in a THIRD COUNTRY and that THIRD COUNTRY must be in a DIFFERENT WHO REGION as the first two.

Do you understand?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

HAHAHA!

"Dancing butt monkey circus" is probably just about THE best explanation/description I have heard for this entire fiasco!!!

Thanks for the coffee snort and giggle.

IF TPTB REALLY cared about the health and well-being of the people in the US,I am firmly convinced they'd be treating us more like responsible citizens with clear and accurate info and advice who are valued and not like mindless-sheeple who only exist to serve and like we couldn't possibly grasp what's going on so give them nothing to go on...I know,that's what we basically are,LOL!

Just tired of being treated as if though...

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join