It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by ecoparity

HAHAHA!

"Dancing butt monkey circus" is probably just about THE best explanation/description I have heard for this entire fiasco!!!

Thanks for the coffee snort and giggle.

IF TPTB REALLY cared about the health and well-being of the people in the US,I am firmly convinced they'd be treating us more like responsible citizens with clear and accurate info and advice who are valued and not like mindless-sheeple who only exist to serve and like we couldn't possibly grasp what's going on so give them nothing to go on...I know,that's what we basically are,LOL!

Just tired of being treated as if though...

World-wide media my dear. They can't play things upper hand with the US and not tip off the Mexicans. They're just buying time, IMO - the questions are just too big to sweep under the rug.

I wonder what kind of payoffs the Mexican govt and elites are being asked for in order for the WHO and CDC to decide a "mutation" of the virus was responsible for the difference in lethality? If they came out today and announced that, despite telling us the DNA is identical for a week now, it would fit perfectly the monkey hustle the media has been putting on for us.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This seems to be one of the less censored articles this morning-

www.latimes.com...

I actually didn't think the ptb would be able to subvert this so much.

That's what I get for giving the benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Look at the previous graph for pandemic phases...

www.longwood.edu...

Look like they decided to mix 5-6 togheter eh? That is for sure... NOOOO REASON, only to simplify thing that they change the chart!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by 13Etznab
reply to post by Night Watchman

Different from the previous version, before the graph change?

No they are different FROM ONE ANOTHER. So clearly, the WHO has not combined them since they are defined differently on their website. It's very clear.

Yeah but the definitions has also changed!

Now it also has to be:

-Easily Spread!

-Community Level Outbreak!

But by the text of the chart they had before we should have already passed the Level/Phase 5 we had yesterday, and today be at Level/Phase 6 by the number of cases and of definition.

So unfortunately we are at Level 6 Pandemic whether you like it or not!

Everything else is just semantics and splicing hairs!

Peace!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am truly starting to think they are "making it up" as they go along...

They want to see how we will react and to some level,how much chit we will swallow before they move to phase 2 as I see it.

Oh...they're willing to gladly get shots and meds???
Goody...onward we go!!!

Then they will decide what they can possibly get away with next and Mexico in right there with them...remember a month or so ago they were having a spat over the big trucks coming through the US from the South???

It's appaling and I'm actually embarrassed as a US citizen that we're being subjected to all this and basically being reduced to the position of a tax-paying lab rat!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yea but HIV is a blood to blood disease how could it become airborne? Its killed instantly with air contact outside the body.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by PurpleIvy]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ya know I was sitting here catching up on the thread and a thought occurred to me...

First of all their saying this strain is completely new to we humans so we dont know what it's going to do... and that phrase made a light go on...

Maybe this was the result of a first contact? I mean we carry around all kinds of things that could be fatal to an alien race, why wouldn't they be the same?

Think about it this way... when they make yogurt they add Live and active cultures... living organisms Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus... their quite helpful to us but what would they do to say a Gray? would he in turn have things we couldn't tolerate?

Of course this is just me musing but it is an idea...

link   
some CDC recommendations were released today regarding swine flu and HIV patients.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by aramaki]

link   
WHO News conference Live Now !

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

My daughter caught a virus 2 months ago we all got it. According to the Dr. it was a killer virus. It also had headaches and high fever. At that time it was effecting children and elderly mostly. There had been 27 deaths just in NC at that time. I believe its the same virus. Yet it was hushed up at that time. It was not the regular flu. We had already had both of those strains for the year.

I just wanted to mention to you that there was a strange "bug" going around where I live (Kentucky) about 6-8 weeks ago. I mention it because my co-workers who were coming down with it said it was the worst "flu" they ever had. One young man told me he lost 10 pounds during the week or so he had this "flu" because he couldn't keep food down...was vomiting and had diarrhea. Several people at work ended up getting it.

Then about 4 weeks ago, one co-worker who was fine all day on Sunday when I was working with him ended up being hospitalized the next day with some kind of severe respiratory problem. After he got out of the hospital and returned to work, he told me what happened.

He said he felt fine all day on Sunday, but when he got home things started going downhill. He said he developed a really bad fever (got up to 103 degrees) very quickly that night. He said he was having extreme difficulty breathing and had to go to the emergency room. He was hospitalized, but even after he was released, he experienced problems on and off for two weeks with breathing. He does have asthma so that may have complicated things.

Anyway, I wanted to mention this because your post also got me wondering if perhaps this H1N1 flu wasn't already going around 6-8 weeks ago. Of course, I have no idea if my co-workers were diagnosed with a virus or bacterial infection, but whatever it was, it sounds pretty serious.

Incidentally, I never got the first cold, virus, and/or infection all winter through present day, and neither has my husband. I've been taking 6,000 units of Vitamin D a day, and my husband's been taking 2,000 to 3,000 units. I wonder if the Vitamin D has been the reason for that?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Number of Confirmed cases in England has risen to 15. Youngest is 6 years old, from Oxfordshire.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

For about a week and a half now my allergies have really been tearing me up... Red eyes runny nose sneezing... I'm sure if it doesn't clear up soon someone is gonna throw my sorry but in quarantine

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Now they can choose a number whenever it fits them!

Again, you are misrepresenting. Are you doing this purposely or do you truly not understand the difference.

Phase 5 is invoked when there is evidence of human to human spread of the virus within at least two countries WITHIN THE SAME WHO REGION.

Phase 6 requires that human to human transmission in a THIRD COUNTRY and that THIRD COUNTRY must be in a DIFFERENT WHO REGION as the first two.

Do you understand?

Well chill a bit Mr. Desinformer!

Europe is another WHO region mate!

And 'Person to Person' exists in at least one European country!

The problem here is that WHO changed the rules per text definition since yesterday.

Now they can choose when it is 'Easily Spread' in 'Community Level Outbreak' per definition

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!

Or do you want me to write slower?

Edit to add:

And BTW! you took and quoted me out of context - nice move!

If you don't have any problem with your reading comprehension? you could clearly see I meant the NUMBERS of PERSONS INFECTED that they (WHO) can now choose from to fit their definition of 'easily spread' in 'community level outbreak' with their new definition!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
so what are the WHO saying, just gonna leave it where it is or what?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by pmbhuntress

50% of the school was out with this virus and NO NEWS

And there were deaths??? Was this reported in the news??

I am starting to get the big picture here...........and its not a good one

Not a thing was on the news, in fact if we go back to Jan of this year they had a warning about a virus that had killed many babies. Yet there was no levels made for that.

I believe we are all getting the big picture. There is a lady that works at our local KFC her mother had that bug and died from it. She was in there the same day I took my 6 year old in to see what was wrong with her. The local hospitals were full with folks sick with it, yet not even a level one or two.

Which makes me worry, why they are so dang worried about the new virus and not that bug? I believe they were the same. The worst part is wasnt Baxter working on a super flu? and they snuck some of it out that was caught? Baxter has a big company here in NC.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
its a disgrace how far they are playing this down - only 17 deaths in mexico? lol no chance

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
WHO Still at pandemic level 5. WHO are contuing to provide anti-virals to over 72 countries. Officials do notknow how wild or long this pandemic will last for.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Okay, so Veratect are reporting cases outside of America (again)

# US, Ohio: Reports Indicate CDC Has Confirmed a Second Influenza A (H1N1) Case In The State #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

# Germany: Second Confirmed Domestic Human-To-Human Transmission Case in the Country #swineflu #H1N14 minutes ago from web

# Germany, Bavaria: Regional Ministry of Health Confirms Sixth Influenza A (H1N1) Case in Germany #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

# Spain: All 15 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases country-wide have recently traveled to affected areas, excluding one case in Catalonia.9 minutes ago from web

# Spain, Valencia: Two New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Confirmed Case Count Reaches Three in Province #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

# US, Maine: Three new confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases reported; York (2) and Penobscot (1) counties; #swineflu #H1N119 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by cornblossom

For about a week and a half now my allergies have really been tearing me up... Red eyes runny nose sneezing... I'm sure if it doesn't clear up soon someone is gonna throw my sorry but in quarantine

Same here. Allergies are bad on and off, but some of the symptoms are the same. The allergies cause sinus infections with sinus drainage. That, in turn, causes sore throat, coughing, headache, hoarseness, sneezing, fatigue, etc.

So when allergy symptoms are similar to some of symptoms of H1N1 (coughing, sore throat, headaches, fatigue), how can we be alerted if we're in the beginning stages of the H1N1 virus or just dealing with seasonal allergies? It 's frustrating. Anyway, hope you feel better.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

So they are not considering an upgrade then?

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join