It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
news.sky.com... s_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15273689_Swine_Flu%3A_Hundreds_Tested_For_Virus_As_Barry_Greatorex_Speaks_To_Sky_News

There's a link to an article naming two people in the UK who have not travelled to Mexico but have caught this from people who have.

The person I was referring to in my last post isnt mentioned in this article... from memory it was a woman of approx 50yrs old in the south east who had no contact with anyone who had travelled to Mexico. She would be the third community transfer case in the UK.

Also, its worth mentioning that one of the two confirmed community transfer cases Graeme Pacitti initially tested negative for H1N1 but was later retested when his symptoms got worse.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

BBC SCOTLAND

On Friday, a Falkirk man was confirmed as the first person to have contracted the virus through contact in the UK.

I really do not know what you have been watching, the virus has spread from human to human contact to those who have not been to mexico, take your head out of the sand for goodness sake.

15 People in the UK have been infected to this disease, the youngest being 6 years old. There are confirmed cases in Spain, Germany

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
reply to post by Chevalerous

Really? Phase 6? Then please name the three countries in tow different WHO zones that have CONFIRMED cases of human to human transmission of the disease?

Mexico - USA two countries in the same region

They said one confirmed case in 'Cataluña/Spain Europe' but there are
probably more that we don't know yet.

Spain: All 15 confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases country-wide have recently traveled to affected areas, excluding one case in Catalonia.

twitter.com...

www.veratect.com...

They don't want this information to get out just yet - so they try to put a blanket over the information to gain some time to avoid further panic until they see how all/rest of the cases in Europe progresses.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by mamana
I was sure I heard about someone in the UK who is a confirmed case as of yesterday who has not travelled to Mexico and has no link to anyone else who is confirmed as infected. Surely that would confirm community level tranfer???

If there are THREE countries with Confirmed person to person transmission in at least TWO WHO zones...there is evidence of a community level outbreak....then you have a case for Phase 6

No.

All cases outside of N.America are either...

1. Directly returned from Mexico or America.
2. Were on the same flight as those returning and having been ill.
3. Are friends, family of, or had direct contact with, people returning from Mexico or America.

That's what I have seen reported.

They might mean "sustained" as in "not at the level seen in N.America", but I haven't seen reported cases of this spreading beyond the close contact directly with those returning from affected regions.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
# US, Washington: One New Probable Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Investigation; School Closed After Close Contact Infected By Student7 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Your safe from the swine flu unless you have HIV, Aids, TB or take a crap load of antibiotics when you get a little caugh or cold or take Tamiflu. Anyone with swine flu come my way and I will prove it to you
No mask

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
First swine flu transfer case in UK

The man, from Falkirk in Scotland, is the tenth person in Britain to have tested positive for the new strain of Influenza A (H1N1) but the first in Britain to have contracted without having been to Mexico himself.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Mexico: 101 suspected deaths - 16 confirmed
US: One death, 160 confirmed cases
New Zealand: 4 confirmed, 12 probable cases
Canada: 35 confirmed cases
UK, Spain: 15 confirmed cases
Germany: 4 confirmed cases
France, Israel, Costa Rica: 2 confirmed cases
Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy: 1 confirmed case

Countries with confirmed cases of secondary transmission

Mexico
US
Canada
Spain
Germany
UK

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

You're partialy right, but you're dead wrong on the Tamiflu. Tamiflu and Relenza don't prevent you from getting H1N1, they only slow down the symptoms. You will still need the new vaccine once it's developed.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
First swine flu transfer case in UK

The man, from Falkirk in Scotland, is the tenth person in Britain to have tested positive for the new strain of Influenza A (H1N1) but the first in Britain to have contracted without having been to Mexico himself.

Note that he is a friend of those returning form Mexico. This is what the WHO are saying. In the US it's traveling through community, people who don't know each other.

In the UK it is spreading to people who have DIRECT CONTACT with those returning from Mexico.

That is the distinction that the WHO are making.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Mexico = 16 Deaths
US = 1 Death From Mexico
Canada = 0 Deaths
Spain = 0 Deaths
Germany = 0 Deaths
UK = 0 Deaths

Thats the numbers you need to be looking at

More people have died from Crack in Mexico than H1N1.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
reply to post by Laurauk

Mexico = 16 Deaths
US = 1 Death From Mexico
Canada = 0 Deaths
Spain = 0 Deaths
Germany = 0 Deaths
UK = 0 Deaths

Thats the numbers you need to be looking at

i would bet anything there are far more deaths than 16 - they are the only ones that have been confirmed after a 2 or 3 day procedure.

edit - just remembered i read several articles saying the mexican authorities were encouraged to put different causes of deaths down such as respiratory instead of H1N1.

mind you to be honest outside of mexico there isnt anything to worry about i think,

[edit on 2-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

Maybe but Tamiflu will only weaken your immune system for the next outbreak

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I know and I bet they had weak immune systems, send it my way "Honnest" I will let them test H1N1 on me to prove that

If I get ill I let my immune system do the work. In doing so my immune system becomes stronger. I been to the Doctors once in about 10 years and had the Flu once in my life. In fact I think thats the only time I have been ill

[edit on 2-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
CDC Laboratories Revealed as Incapable of Accurate Count of H1N1 Influenza Infections, Deaths

Today, NaturalNews has learned why the CDC numbers are so low. It turns out that CDC labs are inadequate testing facilities that are utterly overwhelmed with too many influenza samples to test. Thus, the reason why official CDC "confirmed" H1N1 death numbers are so low is simply because the CDC laboratories can't test very many flu samples in the first place.

And remember this: The CDC doesn't count any death unless its own lab confirms the infection. But its own lab can only test 100 flu samples a day, we've learned!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the authorities are not really concenred about the situation at the moment i would argue, instead i think they are worried about when H1N1 mutates in winter where statistally flu deaths are high.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
FOXNews...

How odd, the CDC play down the threat yesterday but return with a "yeah, but..." today

Confusing reports is an understatement

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I may have just missed it as I am catching up on over 100 messages since I last checked, but there are not any messages on the page of the comment giving the dna sequence about it.

Here is the link again:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

What I noticed is this:
Host_gender M
Host_age 16
Passage_history ORIGINAL
Adamantane_resistance resistant
Country USA
State/Province Texas state
Collection_day 14
Collection_month 4
Collection_year 2009

What is this? A 16 year old male on April 14th!
Is it just me, or have we not heard about this case at all?
I was under the impression that the first person in Texas to have this was the baby that died who came in from Mexico a few weeks before this exploded?

Once again, I am not caught up and will probably not be until late tonight as I have things to do, so I am sorry if this has already been discussed.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
BBC have just confirmed that there are only 2 (two) cases in the UK in people who have not returned from an affected region.
Both cases contracted the virus from others who had returned from affected regions.

That shows that the UK is NOT experiencing a "sustained" spread of the virus. Unlike N.America where spread of the virus is occurring through schools, work places and wider community interaction.

That is why the WHO do not see the need to move to phase 6. And even if they did, it is simply a reflection of the geographic spread of the virus and not related to its severity in relation to sickness and deaths resulting.

I dare say that if we were experiencing mass casualties due to this, nations would be required to take emergency actions as they see fit to deal with a national emergency. The phase of the WHO would have very little to do with a nations response to such a scenario.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

More people have died from sleepwalking accidents i would imagine.

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join