It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Torture (warning, graphic)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PullThePin

And I'll ask again, How would you get info out of terrorist??

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

Who says there innocent? Obama?

If they are not innocent then why are most eventually being released without charge?

If you are going to claim they are released, but are actually guilty, then that doesn't say much for the effectiveness of torture then, does it?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I don't know, I don't sit around and think of ways to extract information from people.

These extremists could be considered like a gang, and most gang members will not "snitch" on anyone even if it costs them their life.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

If they are not innocent then why are most eventually being released without charge?

If you are going to claim are released, but are actually guilty, then that doesn't say much for the effectiveness of torture then, does it?

Cause obama is an idoit thats why they are released. Sometimes I think you people don'y even care that 3,000 people died on 9/11

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PullThePin

I don't know, I don't sit around and think of ways to extract information from people.

These extremists could be considered like a gang, and most gang members will not "snitch" on anyone even if it costs them their life.

ok Thats what i figured...you don't know

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

If you are going to claim are released, but are actually guilty, then that doesn't say much for the effectiveness of torture then, does it?

Cause obama is an idoit thats why they are released. Sometimes I think you people don'y even care that 3,000 people died on 9/11

People were released before Obama was elected...

So thousands of our citizens were killed on 9/11. We have killed many, many more innocents in this perpetual "War on Terror" since then.

Torture is not the answer. You make it sound like we should torture for revenge.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Anyone trying to defend torture or condone it's use is a sick, twisted #.

And anyone that thinks that looking mean and saying "Boo" to those who are allegedly being "tortured" is intellectually delusional.

The hilarious irony of the far left and those against "torture" is that "what passes for 'torture'......, wouldn't make a good episode of Fear Factor."

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Very good post.

Maybe you might educate some folks out there.

I've said it before, there are lines you don't want to cross.

The line between being a humane being and a savage is a thin line and once you cross that line, there is no going back.

Torture for any reason on any living being is wrong.

Love is always creative, fear always destructive.-- Emmet Fox.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

And you make it sound like we should do nothing, You people are aganist every method. You people have no better way of beating Al Qeada

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Anyone trying to defend torture or condone it's use is a sick, twisted #.

And anyone that thinks that looking mean and saying "Boo" to those who are allegedly being "tortured" is intellectually delusional.

The hilarious irony of the far left and those against "torture" is that "what passes for 'torture'......, wouldn't make a good episode of Fear Factor."

Look at the pictures on the first page....bloody bodies, humiliation, deprivation, electrocution...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And you make it sound like we should do nothing, You people are aganist every method. You people have no better way of beating Al Qeada

You honestly think Al Qaeda is a serious threat? First of all they were funded and armed by the CIA...I would assume there are still ties there.

9/11 (if you believe it was solely carried out by Al Qaeda) was the only attack since '91, and the only attack since then.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

lady your a little confused... there is zero between Osama Bi Laden and USA

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You honestly think Al Qaeda is a serious threat? First of all they were funded and armed by the CIA...I would assume there are still ties there.

9/11 (if you believe it was solely carried out by Al Qaeda) was the only attack since '91, and the only attack since then.

not that CIA crap, wheres your proof of CIA fundin Al Qaeda. If you have proof then bring it to the table or put it away. I doubt you will be saying that when we are attacked again

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

No, your question was answered - torture is not effective for attaining reliable, truthful information. So the question "how would you get information from a terrorist" should not be based on the misapprehension that torture successfully does this. It doesn't. Sure, people who are tortured will talk, in fact they'll say anything, make up anything, repeat any old BS, just to escape the scenario they are in. Do you know of a method that actually is reliable on establishing the truth?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Do I really need to post up pictures to prove the opposing points that I, as with others are making? Wait, have you ever condemned the actions of those 'we' are allegedly "torturing"? Of course not, you guys are too busy defending their alleged humane dignities and rights, all the while failing to concede the fact that if they had an opportunity to defend you and consider your humane dignities and rights, they would remove your head, kick your lifeless body around, and spit to the four winds while praising Allah that you are an infidel not deserving of anything but what you received. Irony, huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It seems like we're going in circles and plus this is boring me.

Later

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Who is this "they" you are talking about? You are speaking of a whole race as if they are all the same. You have not established that the people being tortured are terrorists. That is what the trials they are denied are for.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
Torture is against the US constitution. Period. Unless you do not respect the constitution?

Really??
Have you actually read the Constitution?
Please point out where in the Constitution it states torture against our enemies is illegal or forbidden?

To the Contrary:
Article I, section 8:
Congress has the power to declare war and make the rules concerning Captures on land and water.

Since Congress knew and approved of waterboarding, it's NOT against the Constitution or illegal or anything of the sort.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am very disheartened that anyone can look at these pictures and say they are not torture. It is sickening. Even worse, there are those that are trying to justify acts of torture because of what happened on 9/11.

I don't know if it was mentioned by the OP, but these pictures are of prisoners in Abu Gharib Prison in Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

I saw many of these pictures at Salon.com. You can see the gallery here. One of the pictures depicts a man who died while being "interrogated".

Actually, let me change my words. I am disgusted by those of you who do not see anything wrong with this and you don't deserve to be an American citizen. The citizens of the country I love would never find these practices to be okay.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

I think the American People had more to fear from the last President and his administration than the Middle East.

Who do you think did 911? My guess, The Bush Administration knows because "they" arranged it in order to manipulate the American People with fear to go along with this war.

You were manipulated and don't even know it.

"But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and then denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

- Herman Goering

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join