It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatties cause global warming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

First, all any has to do is a google search. NFL football players obese. There are a ton of articles dating from 2005 to present such as the one on ESPN Heavy NFL players twice as likely to die before 50

You don't get it. It won't matter what fitness level you are at. It won't matter if most of your weight is in muscle if the government chart says your fat. You will be taxed at the fatness level they say you are at.

If you actually read my article, and the title of my name, you wouldn't be calling me dude. I am the one with the thyroid problem and weight issue. It happens to run in my family.

I wish I was like my friend who could eat a ton and not gain. According to the original article, because more food has to be produced to feed the obese they should be taxed. Then it stands to reason that all the skinny people who has a much higher metabolism, can eat twice as much or more as a normal person, and not gain weight should also be taxed more. Since the farmers have to produce more food for them as well.

I wonder if you fall into that category. Hope you like paying more for your food also.

The fact is you are only assuming everyone who is over weight is that way only because they eat more than others. You are assuming most don't have a medical problem, or a metabolism problem that causes them to gain weight even if they eat normally.

Should I assume also that you hate every fat person you see, because you automatically think they stuff their face every time they sit down and eat whether it is true or not?

You have a major flaw in your smoker argument. The problem is that they should not be treated any differently than anyone else. The government should have no right to tax them just because they smoke.

Think for a minute. All these taxes are put on what is considered unhealthy today. What is the next new big unhealthy thing for tomorrow that is not considered unhealthy today that they will try to tax you on.

If you considered yourself taxed to death today, then just wait for tomorrow the way the governments are going. All they are really doing is just trying to find new and more ways to tax us to death even more. Also, along the way getting people to hate each other, so they have a group of people behind their new taxes. Eventually if they keep dividing us, they will have full and total control over us in more ways we can't even think about now.

Get over your hatred, and start looking at what is really happening.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap this is!

How could I be so wrong that a few cheeseburgers and fries are the cause of the climate problems. And here I thought all the time it was from dirty coal, gas emissions and corporate greed. I guess with the population getting more obese all the time they now have a new scapegoat. What a bunch of morons!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I don't believe this. There are tons of food that goes to waste in silos and barns, because of stupid laws and the like. America can and does feed 2/3 of the population. Due to the laws and corrupt governments alot of this food rots and never reaches the populace. I'm tired of the tree hugger s laying blame to anyone and everyone for global warming.

I wish they would take the initiative and decide to off themselves, in order to save the planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok really this thread has naturally spun off into a debate about being fat and what causes and who is to blame...

However this misses the entire point of the thread.

Where does this lead when someone says people who eat to much are to blame for global warming? Next there are too many people who eat that causes global warming? Then we pay carbon taxes on our food and our farts...

Man Made Global Warming is a sham and another means of control and slavery through carbon taxes and now a form of bigotry where fat people are harmful to the planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

I'm sorry about your physical problems, but I do want to point out that this article doesn't say 'all obese people cause more environmental damage than people at a normal weight', the article specifically points out obesity due to over-eating, and then further talks about the over consumption of food of wealthy countries like the UK and the US.

I'm sorry but you and many others on this thread immediately jumped on anyone who agreed with the article and just assumed that they were talking about all obese people when anyone who clearly bothered to read the article would know that this was not what the article was about. The doctors were talking about over consumption and the increase in the need for meat worldwide, as well as the ensuing obesity pandemic that is encroaching on us.

The simple truth is that almost all obesity is caused by crappy, cheap, processed foods and people who can't control their caloric intake. If you take more than the body can burn, you'll start to gain. The lesson in this article is that people need to start thinking about that a little more rather than blaming their own inability to lose weight.

And whomever compared this article to the beginning of the persecution of he Jews in WW2. Please. I hope world governments take action against obesity, and I know they will. They should take action in the form of strict nutritional education in schools, public announcements, nutritional initiatives, and large tax breaks to companies that use quality ingredients in their products. Obesity IS a problem, and it's only getting worse.

Scientists warned that the increase in big-eaters means more food production — a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet.

And researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine say wealthy nations like the US and Britain are getting fatter by the decade.

Dr Phil Edwards said: “Food production accounts for about one fifth of greenhouse gases."

Dr Edwards went on: “We are not just pointing the finger at fat people. All populations are getting fatter and it has an impact on the environment."

See! They weren't trying to say everyone who is fat, they were talking about the over-eating fatties

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with this article and fat people should be treated just like the smokers and taxed! Thier fatness directly impacts the health and well being of our plantet.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Where does this lead

It’s probably leading to world wide population control. Like the defective system in China.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

most likely the same "studies" you have used to discount this LOL

you show me your reaserch (not randomly picked off wiki) ..

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
LMFAO!

Wow I read this headline and laughed out loud. I think my co workers are wondering what is so funny. This is ridiculous. True or not, it is ridiculous but it is also quite hilarious. So....... what about people that fart more? Are they also to blame.....

I just can't take this serious. Made for a good powerful, carbon emitting laugh though. Maybe everyone else that laughed when reading this such as I, are now a large contributor to global warming, therefore making this thread a statistical contributor.
If so I think this thread could have added 0.5% of the problem!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think allowing yourself to become grossly obese is highly irresponsible and perhaps even reprehensible...

Of course it's different if your parents fed you into a fatty as a child - but I do think adults who are overweight because of over indulgence and general inability to look after themselves do need to stop looking to the NHS/health services for help that costs us skinny tax payers millions.

Fair enough, if fatty is gonna keel over and die, give him some surgery. But if he/she just wants a gastrict band to get thin as an easy option to looking better - forget it - get on the treadmill you fat b*@StRD

Can I get pectoral implants - or a cocck extension - on the NHS? I don't think so. So why should fatty get lipo and a stomach staple?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Dutty_Rag]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I agree!! Nasa claims global warming is taking place throughout the entire solar system. Seems to me that the sun is going through its cycles.

If the PTB can blame it on man then yes, besides controlling all the money then food would be the next logical step.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

most likely the same "studies" you have used to discount this LOL

you show me your reaserch (not randomly picked off wiki) ..

Where did I claim I could/would discount you? I asked a simple question, does that statement come from anything tangible or just your own overstated opinion? It's a simple question, you can decline to answer, no one is holding a gun to your head.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Extralien

I am growing ever more tired of hearing about this nonsense.

Next we will have a limit on the amount of sleep we can have because or rear ends release more methane gas while we are asleep than when we are awake because we have more control of our own sphincters

Not so. All that is needed, is a new Global Law, that forbids people to sleep without bum-plugs, to prevent the lethal and harmful gases to escape and have a negative impact on the enviroment.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

don't forget to call now cuz he can't do this all day!

I saw Al Gore not long ago, he was a bit plump. I think we need to send him a bill for his carbon credits. And remember, if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1a21328e152.jpg[/atsimg]

I submit that the Lords of Capital and their servants - today, as in 2003 -
understand perfectly well that the system they oversee cannot long exist
under the current paths of world development; that their only hope to
perpetuate themselves into future decades is to violently upset the
planetary game board - as often as necessary. From the financial oligarchy’s
perspective, the death of the world as they know and possess it - *their *world
- is imminent, and can only be avoided through acts of horrific aggression,
terror and barbaric reversion to primitive modes of accumulation, i.e. brute
theft and pillage.

That is the weight of* their* reality - actually, the weight of the
contradictions of late stage capitalism under the hegemony of the
all-powerful finance sector, which produces nothing yet seeks to monetize,
commodify and buy and sell everything. ..... Their continued existence depends on their capability and *
willingness* to smash and rearrange the planetary reality whenever
imperialism’s illogical and wildly contradictory arrangements are
threatened.

kennysideshow.blogspot.com...

Some fine points there..and a very apt picture too. So who, or what, is really to blame for these 'fatties' being such a problem. Take for example the words heaviest man, Manuel Uribe, has said that his proportions are a direct influence of all the fast food chain stores that suddenly popped up all over the place.. It was all new food, tasted good and was relatively afordable, so the results of which you can clearly see;

Manuel Uribe, 42, of Monterrey, Mexico, reached a peak weight of 1,225lb - 87 stone or over half a ton - following years of bad diet and unhealthy living.

Bed-bound and unable to look after himself, in January 2006, after five years of isolation, Mr Uribe made an impassioned plea on Mexican national television for help.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Half a ton.. that's like a nomal car.. imagine that.. imagine being so big you cant move. There is a lot on the internet about Manuel.

Bringing science fictional people and motor sports into a comparison, let's have a look at the famous British comic, 2000AD. In the future city of Mega City One, we find that a portion of the populace became so bored that the only thing they had any interest in was eating. They became so fat that they had to have a 'belly wheel' to support their large gut for them to be able to move around. But it doesn't stop there because competitions began to pop up as to who could eat the most in a given time and even break the one ton in weight barrier.

So, if getting fat was a sport and could earn a lot of money for a lot of people, I bet we would not hear a sniff out of anybody except for thin people who have to walk that extra few feet arund someone to get to where they were detoured to.

This is nothing more than anoher way for TPTB to keep control, keep the money rolling in. Global warming sprang up a huge amount of government bodies and research teams, all clamouring the bucks, now it will be the doctors and health services and even more government bodies warning us about the problems of being/getting fat.

The first quoted statement in this post says it all. They have run out of options and will consider anything to upset the norm in order to maintain a grip. You could even go as far to say that the poor quality, readily available food is a deliberate ploy to make people fat in order to profit from the sales of the food and from the sale of drugs/treatment at a later date.

A bit like the car market really.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa

I agree!! Nasa claims global warming is taking place throughout the entire solar system. Seems to me that the sun is going through its cycles.

If the PTB can blame it on man then yes, besides controlling all the money then food would be the next logical step.

Even if you thought the sun was getting warmer and were using that as an excuse to say global warming isn't man made then you should still reason that more heat from the sun, plus greenhouse gases equates to more heat trapped in the earth than if the sun wasn't warming up.

It doesn't really matter if:

A) The sun is heating up (if used as an excuse for the earth heating up)
B) There are more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

It only takes one of those to cause an increase in trapped heat, and if it's both then it's even worse.

The world isn't really sure.

World leaders are saying "Better safe than sorry"

People are saying, "I don't care about global warming, I just want my money. You can't take it!"

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Nice. Maybe Obama can start placing carbon taxes on fat people.

Obama only taxes groups of people that would vote against him. The "obese" fit into a minority group and as such would be Obama constituents who would qualify for tax cuts or even tax credits! LOL.

[edit on 21/4/09 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Perhaps some don't, but some of us do, because we see it every day. To assume people are just jumping on a bandwagon is wrong here!

And to the person who asked about things like white bread, and all the other junk they listed being taxed, I think it's a great idea. You shouldn't be eating that kinda crap anyway! Take some personal responsibilty as to what you are putting in your mouth! Things like pizza, greasy burgers and the such should be eaten rarely. So what if they go outa business, it wouldn't bother me in the least!

You seem to be painting with a very broad brush and even though you "see it every day" some people will never fall into your categories. If they are dumbed down and programmed to eat that crap, perhaps making the cause of the obesity illegal would be better than scapegoating the obese.

Look at a TV commercial to see what I am talking about. It is everywhere and it is an epidemic. Morbidly obese people aren't making those commercials or making those GMO foods or making money from it all the way down the line. They are paying the ultimate price for business models who don't care about the end consumer at all.

I find it interesting that you "seeing it every day" makes you turn them into non-persons easier than those who don't see it every day. Perhaps it is a problem with blinders and a disconnect of medicine and the obvious.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here's an interesting little snippet... It would seem that staying fat is actially better for the environment as you would be conserving more CO2 inside your body. If you go on a diet, you will breathe out a lot more CO2.. hence contributing to global warming.

The full article is a very interseting piece of work and is worth the read;

Bodyfats are all lipid or triglycerides molecules that are nearly completely carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms in complex combinations. You probably know of a basic law of science that says that nothing can either be created or destroyed (Conservation of Mass). Well, those lipids or triglycerides are commonly around 40% carbon. So WHERE does the carbon go? It can't just disappear! It must go somewhere! Can it VANISH in body heat? No, that would not account for the carbon atoms. Could it get excreted? No, because the digestive system is entirely separate from the body metabolic processes. You can rule out EVERYTHING, except for one thing! Your exhaled breath! Virtually the ONLY way that a human body can get rid of carbon atoms is to oxidized them into becoming carbon dioxide molecules, and then send them out of your body as exhaled air! Sadly, bodyfat can therefore never just "melt away"!

mb-soft.com...

And then we come to the idea of making humans as a power source. Larger people have the potential to eminate more heat, especially under load. So some bright spark came up with this...
Human body heat to heat building

And then there are some people who are doing some serious research into this.. it is 'the matrix' through and through. .we are all now batteries.. and our potential is being measured..so when they do create these fat camps where all the criminlly obese are sent, you'll know how the electric company is suppling you with power in the greenest most efficient way ever...

Since the human body eliminates energy as heat, it follows naturally to try to harness this energy. However, Carnot efficiency puts an upper limit on how well this waste heat can be recovered. Assuming normal body temperature and a relatively low room temperature ( C), the Carnot efficiency is

In a warmer environment ( C) the Carnot efficiency drops to

Table 2 indicates that for sitting, a total of 116 W of power is available. Using a Carnot engine to model the recoverable energy yields 3.7-6.4 W of power. In more extreme temperature differences, higher efficiencies may be achieved; but, robbing the user of heat in adverse environmental temperatures is not practical.

However, even under the best of conditions (basal, non-sweating), evaporative heat loss accounts for 25% of the total heat dissipation. This ``insensible perspiration'' consists of water diffusing through the skin; sweat glands keeping the skin of the palms and soles pliable; and the expulsion of water-saturated air from the lungs [Gillies (ed.), 1965]. Thus, the maximum power available, without trying to reclaim heat expended by the latent heat of vaporization, drops to 2.8-4.8 W.

The above efficiences assume that all of the heat radiated by the body is captured and perfectly transformed into power.

web.media.mit.edu...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

You seem to be painting with a very broad brush and even though you "see it every day" some people will never fall into your categories.

What do you mean, "my categories?" I don't make the rules about what markers have to be met for a person to be considered obese.

If they are dumbed down and programmed to eat that crap, perhaps making the cause of the obesity illegal would be better than scapegoating the obese.

How funny are you calling obese people dumb! You have some nerve telling me I consider fat people non-persons! Did you read what you typed before hitting reply? Why should things like fast food be made illegal? Some people can eat it once in a while and don't have a problem over indulging. There is personal responsibility here, and nobody is forcing obese people to eat these types of food, or over indulge in food altogether. Just like nobody forces a person to become a smoker, a drug addict, or an alcoholic. Personal responsibility is to blame, here.

Look at a TV commercial to see what I am talking about. It is everywhere and it is an epidemic. Morbidly obese people aren't making those commercials or making those GMO foods or making money from it all the way down the line. They are paying the ultimate price for business models who don't care about the end consumer at all.

Yes, those ads are unavoidable. However, I don't eat that crap, so, what is your point, here? There are also ads for other obnoxious things on television, does that mean people are forced to by them? Once again, personal responsibility!

I find it interesting that you "seeing it every day" makes you turn them into non-persons easier than those who don't see it every day. Perhaps it is a problem with blinders and a disconnect of medicine and the obvious.

Well, at least I didn't call obese people dumb!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Blanca Rose]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join