It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatties cause global warming

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Add to all this the fact that some are over gorging and eating those extra unnecessary meals that some starving kid in some messed up nation could have benefited from instead and ya got some pretty good reasons there to be upset with the excessive ones.

When it comes to this subject, there's always someone who mentions this. Tell you what, how about you go feed that starving kid in some messed up nation yourself. People whine about this, then go feed them. Yes there is starvation and excessive eating going on in the world. It's funny when everyone thinks of starving kids in other nations, but forgets the starving people in their own countries. Want to know why there is starvation in those other countries?

Their own governments have done that to their own people. In the problem areas in Africa, whatever food that is sent to feed the people, whatever supples that get sent, gets confiscated by their government. So how is it the fault of the fat American, Brit, Japanese, or wherever else fat people are found? Yes America is not the only place that has fat people. So we should all starve ourselves because someone else is starving? Even though it doesn't do anything to help them. Oh before anyone goes into the, "Well you should try going hungry for a while" line, well been there done that, was homeless for a few years and know what it is like, so please don't go there with me.

Now that my rant with that is over, let us please get back on topic. This is swaying into a fat bashing thread and that is clearly not the topic of this thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My sister is a skinny little runt and yet somehow manages to fart more than any other human being I know or have heard of. Seriously, she could power a rocket into space with the amount of gas she passes.

What a complete load of baseless and retarded diatribe.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by itinerantseeker

Now that my rant with that is over, let us please get back on topic. This is swaying into a fat bashing thread and that is clearly not the topic of this thread.

Actually, in a way.. the topic of 'fat bashing' is one of the questions raised in this thread.. Why does a national newspaper slap 'fatties cause global warming' all over its front page unless it wants to start a lot of fat bashing..

Yes it promotes sales, but it also promotes a lot of name calling and 'fear mongering' ... as some have stated in this thread, you have to realise this same sort of 'bashing' was done to the Jews just before WW2.

It is a serious issue. A lot of chat in this thread has seen the lighter side of the article, but others have seen that this is a bad situation for a lot of people. Several have asked where all the blame is going to stop? Who will be next on the blame train?

None of us want to get into the name calling or bashing.. We can't even blame each other or make accusations. What we can do is discuss with a bit of respect...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Gordon Brown must be crapping himself...

There is some FUNNY posts on this thread people, I love the back and forth that being fat is an illness.

For some people glandular issues are a problem but come on... most people you see that are fat.. are just fat, they're not ill at all.

You know what the answer is.. PUT DOWN THE FORK

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If ya can't dazzle 'em with science, baffle 'em with bovine faecal matter!

And slay 'em with humour.

Honestly, with all the misinformation, disinformation and down right statistics, the amount of BFM bafflement should be quite useful when 'they' decide the time is right for a little truth-letting.

[edit on 22/4/2009 by teapot]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

increase in big-eaters

I will have to say that your wrong.

Most athletes eat far more then fat people.

That fact can be proven at any football team table when they carb load.

I have seen many athletes put away far more food then i could every eat at one setting.

And as a diabetic the amount of carbs they eat when carb loading would put me into a diabetic coma.

I am over weight because the insulin my body makes does not work
except for causing the body to put on fat.

I have adult-onset autoimmune diabetes (LADA type 1.5) with Metabolic Syndrome. i also am disabled with sarcoidosis/neurosarcoidosis another auto immune disease.

So far i have controlled the diabetes without insulin by high protein very low carb diet. 20% carbs,40% protein, 40 % good fats.

In my case i have not put on weight i had a bodybuilders body before the diabetes at 240 pounds of muscle and worked industrial construction underground mining and was a vol firefighter/EMT

I now weigh 235 pounds and little of the muscle is left due to the disablities

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

This just goes to show and make you wonder why the heck anyone would want to go and say the words that this news report has said.

It's like a smear campaign.

I wonder if we had had the internet before WW2 if we would be saying similar things about Jews in this thread rather than 'fat' people.

Can you imagine being sent to a camp because of your size?
It's not as though it's not obvious... i mean you could hide or lie about your religious beliefs.. even though part of the Nazi methods of recognising Jews was by measuring their noses....

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by ANNED

This just goes to show and make you wonder why the heck anyone would want to go and say the words that this news report has said.

It's like a smear campaign.

I wonder if we had had the internet before WW2 if we would be saying similar things about Jews in this thread rather than 'fat' people.

It's not as though it's not obvious... i mean you could hide or lie about your religious beliefs.. even though part of the Nazi methods of
recognising Jews was by measuring their noses....

Ok honestly the article goes no where near that extreme. You and I both know that the majority of obesity is caused by over consumption. That is what the doctors in the article are trying to say. This over consumption strains our limited resources and causes health pandemics in developed countries.

No one in the article suggests carting fat people off to camps or fat ghettos or whatever, they are trying to show you that there is a logical, factual connection between obesity and over-consumption. Consuming beef and poultry products takes a lot more energy and thus emits quite a few more greenhouse gases than, say, existing off of a rice based diet.

Of course there are skinny people who can eat like a fat person because of their metabolism, and likewise there are fat people who eat healthy but are fat due to some hormonal/thyroid issue. Those are the exceptions to the rule, not the general rule themselves.

If anything the article is just more proof that the globe can not sustain its levels of reckless consumption.

I know a few personal trainers, and I have never encountered one that said someone who was overweight didn't show some improvement with training. We need to educate people on how to maintain a healthy and eco-friendly body, not scream about concentration camps and how unfair the world is to fat people bla bla bla etc. Obviously, the world has been more than fair enough to the obese because they were able to get that way in the first place rather than being malnutritioned and abandoned in some hut in Africa or India for the flies.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Well, at least I didn't call obese people dumb!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Blanca Rose]

I never said they were dumb but they were being dumbed down by the stuff they have been fed. They are being programmed to eat toxins which kill brain cells. I fail to see your reasoning for interpreting my words the way you did. Perhaps you have a serious animosity towards obese people as you have displayed here in this forum.

Redirecting the issue to my choice of "dumbing down" verbiage doesn't change this.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I never said they were dumb but they were being dumbed down by the stuff they have been fed. They are being programmed to eat toxins which kill brain cells.

They, we all, are also being dumbed down by air pollution; the risk is not global warming (universal factors, far beyond the pifflings of man, are the main contributors of this), it is the pollutants in co2 emissions. factory spewage etc that impact on our biochemistry and brain function that are the real risk.

There is also the dumbing down by the drivel on tv. Long hours spent watching tv adversly affects the higher functions of our brains.

This includes both advertising and programming. And the spin 'they' expect us to accept as 'news', including the 'demonisation' of certain sections of society.

We are being misdirected in all issues relating to health.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
1. The overweight, smokers, and rednecks have become the only remaining groups who are insultable and mockable without fear of reprisal from the PC mafia. Imagine the (manufactured) outrage if the headline had been about any other group and had substituted a word like "wetbacks," "darkies," or "fairies.". Yet "fatties" is essentially unchallenged by the hurtful verbage brigade. The double standard is in plain view for all to see.

2. If the article has any merit, then the issue should be handled in the same manner as the other issues surrounding the (falacy of) global warming situation. IE, the "haves" need to be made to step up and pick up the slack the "have nots" aren't caring for. That means just like Kyoto doesn't handcuff "developing" nations nearly as much as it handcuffs prosperous nations, any new laws shouldn't handcuff the poor "fatties.". Guess that means all you narrow assed folks who believe in Al Gores' ponzi scheme had better cut a few more pounds of beef from your diets, drive a little slower to save gas, and take shorter showers to pick up the slack left by those with more physical acreage to scrub and rinse.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i fail to see how a bag of cheetohs can affect global warming more than a whole pile of fresh vegetables, fruit and eggs from chickens. Which are very high in resource dependency, if we really want to get into the nuts and bolts of it.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
It's not as though it's not obvious... i mean you could hide or lie about your religious beliefs.. even though part of the Nazi methods of recognising Jews was by measuring their noses....

That is going to happen, remember Emmaneul Rham saying everyone from 18-25 years old will be going to a civilian national service program, which will be a bootcamp in military bases?.... Emmanuel Rham and Obama have mentioned, or hinted, in the case of Obama, that every American will be required to do some form of mandatory community service.

The Obama youth corps, which are reminiscent of Hitler's Youth corps, or even the youth corps in Communist countries which use, or used uniforms, and in the case of the Communist countries use red bandanas or some other bright red clothing on them, since red is the color of Communism for bringing death, and of course the Obama youths are using bright red jackets to show support for their Commander in Chief...

Anyway this new group, and the whole Obamanation will be focused on making people thin, and enforcing for everyone to be thin, just like Hitler did. So we will see cases of abuse for the kids who are fatter, or overweight. This Obama youth group, which will also anwser to the Corporation will have the power, the training, and the equipment of the military and will also enforce the green policies mandated by the Corporation, and the little brainwashed Obama youths will do all of this and more.

Not to mention the indoctrination/brainwashing that will beging at least since primary school by the Corporation on all American children...

And of course, those people who think this is a good idea are so brainwashed that they don't understand the concept of "choice" in a country that is supposed to be free.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

fatties causing global warming....

Don't these 'boffins' who have more time on their hands than they should , realise that instead of causing global warming by CO2 these so called 'fatties' ( of which I am slightly overweight) actually help reduce CO2 because they are so large that they have their own gravitational field and all the CO2 molecules gather round their bodies in an orbit?.

So my advice to 'boffins' and the media instead of labelling us overweight people 'the hated global warmers' , if you are going to do research please look at ALL the data variables before jumping to a conclusion that will only either infuriate larger folk who will more likely try to run over you in their 4x4's, their mini buggies or simply flatten you as they give you a hug, or upset the 'skinny folk' enough to blame larger folk for all their ills and try to cull them.

I have both (all ) sizes of friends and we all drive the same , eat the same , some simply exercise more than others, we all contribute to the 'global warming' but then again if we going to blame a particular type of people for the environmental issues we are facing can I nominate the following.

Politicians - for opening their mouths and spewing BS into the air.
Rich folk - for having big houses , lots of gas guzzling cars and giving fancy parties.
Scientists - for spending untold billions on stupid and pointless research like this.

[edit on 24/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

And conversely those who are so blinded by their partisanship fail to grasp that in the land of the free there is also something we call 'consequence' and 'personal responsibility'

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The "global warming scientists" need to practice what they preach and stop exhaling carbon dioxide.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
To say that the obese are *causing* global warming is more than a stretch. It's a lie.

First, we *ALL* contribute to global warming, if we eat any food, use electricity, drive, or consume most products requiring transport. That would be almost everyone except a few guys in Montana kiving off the land. Second, supposedly the per capita carbon dioxide emissions in the US is 20 tons. At most, the obese are contributing only an extra 5% to the problem. I'd suggest we first worry about that 95%, before sweating the 5%.

This article is nothing more than a bigoted rant targeting obese people. It's a load of cr*p.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by itinerantseeker
When it comes to this subject, there's always someone who mentions this. Tell you what, how about you go feed that starving kid in some messed up nation yourself. People whine about this, then go feed them.

People do not just bring this up on the subject of fat people. I am a skinny runt but was always told as a child that my wasted food would be appreciated by some starving children somewhere.

But I agree with you about what you say about the countries where the people are starving, its the governments that have done it. Look at Rhodesia (
whoops not meant to say that name am I), it used to be the main food producer in Africa, described as "Africa's Breadbasket, and now most of its people are starving, diseased, out of a job and many are trying to leave the country.

Originally posted by chiron613
To say that the obese are *causing* global warming is more than a stretch. It's a lie.

They aren't saying that they are causing global warming they are saying that they are contributing more than a normal or thin person.

Originally posted by bambam1
Come on these people have an illness, and basically you are discraminating them for this.

They do not have an illness. Sure there are a couple with gland problems but the majority are just lazy and greedy. If they are fat its their problem and it is not discriminating to tell them as such. In fact by saying that it is not discrimination you are helping work against freedom of speech, if they are fat you have every right to tell them so (actually you should be able to lie if they're not fat). So do not give me this rubbish about discriminating against obese people.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
In times of plenty , its the skinny "oh i better be careful not to snap you in two" look that is in vogue .....

..... in times of scarcity its the Rubenesque figure that catches the eye.

And in times of scarcity that fatter people will be easy prey and won't survive. Those used to large amounts of food won't survive when they have to fend for themselves. Their bodies won't be able to handle the change. Its the same for body builders who are used to getting thousands of calories a day through their protein shakes. If you take them hiking or camping and they have to live off the food you have brought with you they collapse before too long as their bodies can't function without the huge amount of calories that they have become used to.

Now here is my basic view. Yes they are exaggerating it but despite that they are also telling us a truth. Obese (and I will use that word) people do contribute more to global warming than smaller people. A vehicle with a light person in it, will use less fuel than a vehicle with a heavy person in it. They also eat more food which adds to their carbon footprint both in the making and the shipping. You can't just blame places like McDonalds they would not be able to populate the streets so successfully if people would just restrain themselves and not pig out. Also can people please stop saying that it is discrimination against obese people. To say they eat more/use more fuel/take up more space/use up NHS time/etc. is not discrimination. It is a fact. It cannot be avoided it is the truth. Like it or not that is the way it is it.

-Cauch1

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They forgot to include the extra power that is required to cool their massive backsides! And the freon and A/C units and the accompaning nasty chemicals that go along with its manufacture.

I have the body of a Greek god, Baccus!
So this is really a load of malarkey to me. Bring on the Fatty Holocaust, I am armed and Cranky!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join