It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

www.bloomberg.com

March 31 (Bloomberg) -- North Korea’s government vowed to wage war against Japan if Japanese defense forces try to shoot down a missile that the communist nation says will carry a communications satellite.

“Should Japan dare recklessly to intercept the DPRK’s satellite, its army will consider this as the start of Japan’s war of reinvasion more than six decades after the Second World War,” the official Korean Central News Agency said today in an e-mailed statement. North Korea is also known as the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I only have one coment on this so far...

If this is how it's going to begin, how will it all end?
Noth Korea needs to a) come clean on it's program, if they are telling the truth, prove it then this owuldn't be an issue, and b) Japan, even though I have a lot of love for my homeland, needs to tone it down a little, and maybe just maybe, let the powers that be try and handle this before just shooting the thing down.

I personally believe that NK is using this launch to test a missle capable of hitting Alaska or Hawaii, I do believe that NK is tryign to figureo ut a way to nuke Tokyo and Soeul, but without a lot more facts we can't be sure and this rhetoric is just what everyone needs to just once and for all wipe each other out..

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is where WW3 would start...millions would die...and the economy gets its much needed jump start.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The North Koreans have proven time and time again that they aren't a legitimate threat. Each and every time they've really rattled the sabre, it has been either to gain access to financial or material aid, keep their nation on the world radar, or to showcase a new weapons system that they intend to sell. The true weapons demonstrations are like a big, giant commercial for their wares open to any and all buyers. Kim Jong Il doesn't want war... he wants cash, stuff, and to be taken seriously, all while continuing to run the show the way he wants to. Japan's reaction only gives him what he truly desires. You can't ignore him, or he actually may become dangerous... if only in a child's temper tantrum kind of way; but you also can't feed the beast to this degree either.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I personally think Japan should shoot it down if it goes over their territory. And once NK declare war, Japan needs to open up a can of whupping on them. Basically, I am getting tired of NK rhetoric and threats. It is about time somebody shuts them up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I know someone whos job is to monitor this and has been sitting in front of a screen watching real life satellite feed of this situation for days and will be there watching the launch. There is a huge payload sitting on their launch pad right now. This is no joke and is to be taken very seriously.

I also think Japan is very serious about shooting it down.

I personally am concerned over all of this, based on what I know of people in the know.

*edited for spelling

[edit on 3/31/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I personally think that japan should just don't give a # about this missile story and just worry if the missile fail and crash in the japan territory to avoid any damage from a failed test.

If indeed japan shot down the missile... well.. it is asking for trouble for free.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think I read somewhere Japan said they were only going to shoot it down if it came into their territory by accident. So even if they did it would be for protecting their country and they wouldn't automatically jump to the conclusion NK had done it on purpose. This is good as we don't need countries jump starting a WWIII over a missile test.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I say call N. Korea's bluff. Go ahead, launch your missile. Boom- Japan just shot it down. Now what? North Korea has no way to project power against Japan. Their Navy is a joke. Japan could wipe them out all by themselves. If North Korea tries to send bombers, they'll be shot down. North Korea is a legitimate, serious threat to South Korea, but not to Japan. And declaring war against Japan is tantamount to declaring war against the US. N. Korea knows they have no chance against the US. Everyone is sick of this charade. I say it's time to call their bluff. However, if this pops off, Seoul should be evacuated immediately.

This is just another pathetic attempt to shake the world down for a few million bucks and cases of cognac.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I been saying this for the last 1.5 months that they are seriuos.

TRUST ME, I know N. Koreas rhetoric..
We all do, but something tells me they are serious.

What do they got to lose??
World isn't gonna give them aid anymore, cannot afford it.
Kim Jong Il is dying and their economy is worse than ever.

They will go to war.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
An ancient Bactrian saying tell us that canem timidum vehementius latrere quam mordere, or "a timid cur barks more furiously than he bites".

With the rumors of "Dear Leader" having suffered a stroke, God only knows whose in charge behind that iron curtain. By the sounds of it, they are either very irrational, very afraid, of not entirely aware of the giant economic and military machines that looms just over their horizon........

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I know someone who's job is to monitor this and has been sitting in front of a screen watching real life satelite feed of this situation for days and will be there watching the launch. There is a huge payload sitting on their launch pad right now. This is no joke and is to be taken very seriously.

I also think Japan is very serious about shooting it down.

I personally am concerned over all of this, based on what I know of people in the know.

I would second this but not with the same level of source information as you do greeneyedleo. I can tell you that within the intelligence community, with the combination of the G20 and NK's inevitable "satellite," launch, there is great unease.

I am one who generally down plays the perceived "fear mongering," that happens here so often but I urge everyone to pay close attention over the next week or so.

Then again, if I have come to know one thing about ATSers, it's that they pay VERY close attention to world events...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
An NK missile over Japan is unacceptable, and must be destroyed at any cost.

No Japanese politician could take the risk of allowing the formation of the precedent of allowing NK to fire missiles at will over Japan.

That said, no state need engage in war unless the other state attacks it first. Japan would wipe the floor with NK if a war were to start- NK may have a million man army... but they haven't got the technology to back them up or even the food to properly feed their army.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Agreed and that's something many people forget. Numbers mean jack if they can't go anywhere due to logistical or transport issues or if they don't even have enough weapons.

The Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force is the 3rd largest navy in the world after the US Navy and the British Royal Navy. Japan has top of the line equipment and well trained personnel operating them. Japan could send North Korea back into the caveman times without even breaking a sweat.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Also, NK may not even be able to get it off the ground. They have had launch failures in the past.....so it could very well happen again. Hopefull this will be the case!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Don't get fooled by the illusion that North Korea is an independent "nut nation"! They are fully back by China and they don't do anything unless China gives them the go ahead. This is part of a much bigger threat growing with Navy engagements that recently happened off the coast of China.

China has just developed a "Kill Weapon", a high speed missile that is large enough to destroy a US supercarrier. This game of chicken has just gotten a little scarrier. Now we all know how our grandparents felt during the 1930's with a bad economy and pending warfare through out the world!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Exactly all they have through the years is nothing but big mouth treats and failures.

Let japan shot the darn thing, NK is not wagging war to anybody.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The important thing to remember is that...

THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN SPENDING AN UNACCOUNTED FOR AMOUNT OF $ FOR MISSILE DEFENSE SINCE WWII FOR IT'S HOMELAND AND AIDING ALLIES IN CASE OF THE EVENTS THAT ARE UNFOLDING NOW...

If they DON'T shoot it down, I say scrap the #ing programme.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I say if Japan have to take it down and they attack SK or Japan, NUKE THE HELL OUT OF NK.

I'm sick of those bastards. Obliterate them, ANNIHILATE THEM.

But before NK attacks anyone, China should stop them, if not by diplomacy, by war. We're tired of NK BS and killing of it's people.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would like to see how North Korea would respond if suddenly everyone moved back from it's border by 30 miles or further than 90 miles from the closest city inside Korea, and then stopped all communications with Korea.

I think it would send a strong message. The question they would ask themselves is why is everyone leaving? The answer would be obvious. And they would crap their pants.

Sometimes the subtle approach isn't so subtle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join