It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War Against Japan Over Missile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Explain to me how nuking ANY of these locations would not have dire consequences on South Korea and China.

If you were to drop a Nuke anywhere in NK, you would have serious fallout affect SK and China. That would be great wouln't it. Have NK level Seoul and then not be able to get to survivors or anything because the whole damn place has been radiated.

Nukes will NEVER be used by any nation against a single nation. The reprecussions are far too huge. Nuclear weapons will only be used when the leaders of the world decide to use them all at once. And who do you suppose would launch this Nuke?

The US? Certainly not as that would be overstepping China's influence in that area of the world, leading to very strained tensions.

China? There not that stupid as they have a boarder with NK.

It won't be Japan because their not allowed to do anything for another 40 years or so.

It's just a counter productive situation for everybody.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Details. I said that NK should be nuked if they started a war. If you know the whole situation there, you would know that if NK starts a war, they'll shoot everything they've got at Seoul, killing millions.

So what would you do against that? Sit by? Protest? While millions are dying? Or start bombing them? Bombing them with conventionnal weapons? Do you know how much time it would take to wipe out the thousands of artillery pieces in the mountains using conventionnal weapons while people are dying in Seoul?

The only way to stop the raining shells on Seoul immediately would be nukes. Better to kill the scum in NK than to let Seoul civilians be killed, sorry.

I do not advocate nuking NK if they don't do a thing.

Hopefully NOTHING will happen at all. Death of civilians is disgusting and we've seen it too much already in the 20th century and in the last 8 years.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

Very very true friend but what will they do? and who will do it? surely other countries will not let this happen ... as for the last 6 years death and destruction on the TV and in the news is all i can ever remember hearing and seeing for about half my life so i get used to it...

One thing is for sure in my opinion that something is going to kick off big time very soon somewhere on the planet the sooner the better maybe in the long term it may be for the best...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If you were to drop a Nuke anywhere in NK, you would have serious fallout affect SK and China.

First there are mini-nukes... and most likely, those would be used on the NK artillery bases. And those have very small ``fallout``. And the fallout is overstated IMO... they are not attacking a nuclear reactor with tons of uranium making a huge fallout compared to Tchernobyl, but each nuclear bomb leaves about 5 kg of uranium...

And if you want to talk about the ``fallout`` you're so concerned about, why aren't you screaming about the DU use in Irak and Afghanistan which have been killing slowly our troops for 8 years now? The fallout from DU in those countries is much more higher than whatever would be unleashed on NK in case of limited nuclear strike.

And I'm only stating the 1994 Bill Clinton plan for attacking North Korea. First strike with nukes... that didn't go throught because NK would be able to kill a lot of people... but if NK starts it, then they can go on the offensive.

And China can go screw themselves if they are not happy. China have the power to change the situation, yet they are pushing them towards launch and confrontation. And they are inviting their leader, celebrating their long term cooperation... cooperation with a mass murderer.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bloomberg Article on Japan vs. N. Korea

According to this article, Japan is interested in seeing N. Korea continue their nuclear program. This would give Japan reason to pursue nuclear arms in the interest of self defense. After WWII, Japan's constitution was modified to insure that their military actions were limited to defense.

Therefore, a N. Korean missile launch would allow Japan to justify its own missile/nuclear research programs.

I believe that a missile launch will result in some UN sanctions. Although these sanctions will probably be more huff and bluff than serious action.

What I do know is that no nuclear weapons will be used against North Korea. They aren't a strategic threat to the US or our interests. The Korean peninsula's proximity to China ensures its protection from nuclear threats. Perhaps an attack on military facilities could occur as a last resort, similar to what Israel did in Syria.

North Korea's only real threat would be a land based attack on South Korea. They certainly have no ability to wage a serious war on Japan.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
By the way, if it did go nuclear, Japan would once again find itself at the mercy of an enemy equipped with, and willing to use a nuclear weapon against them.

What was it someone said about those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Very true but all them years working on Defence there hardware is going to be good in Japan and there not the only ones patroling the ocean out there at the minute...

tomorrow is the start of the month 4 days till lift off??

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ohh come on, you were only reffering to a plan made in 1994? By Bill Clinton? What possible use could that have today? Do you have any idea how much the military landscape has changed since 1994?

Anyway, and yes I understand there are "Tactical Nukes" that could be used, but the fact remains that no other country will sanction such an action against a country like North Korea who is not a nuclear power. It would be total political suicide for the US and the start of a global conflict.

Cause once one nation uses them, that's a precedent for any nation that is nuclear armed to strike.

Simply out of the question.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

North Korea isn't a nuclear power? you may well be right in their international reach...but they can hit a good few countries close to them with ease,i dont know if your categorizing a *nuclear power* with how many warheads they have...but one nuke is enough to cripple a country quite easily.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't understand why people believe that North Korea is sending up a communications satellite. They don't have people in that country that have telephones or other devices that require independent communications as they don't trust their own people with it. I say they are trying out a ballistic missle to see how far it can go. They may have a lot of people in their so called army but cannot move on an empty stomach. Their great leader is not the one in charge of the country anyway. He is just a figure head.Have you ever seen pictures of the commanders by his side?? They are so skinny and old as Moses himself. All they like is a good parade and lots of colors flashing back and forth. China will stop them from even thinking of going to war. Let China take over the country and they will still have their buffer zone that China is so worried about.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

While i agree that China has alot of power in this matter or N korea in general,they dont hold all the cards,although probably enough to stop them signing their own death warrant and millions of other people with it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Japan would shoot it down via a US Aegis system. I do not believe they have any other system capable such as say a Raytheon Patriot. Thus it would have to be US.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

The Japanese have their own Aegis missile destroyers. They have already successfully demonstrated their anti-ballistic missile capability.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
This is where WW3 would start...millions would die...and the economy gets its much needed jump start.

Sorry to say, but the economy has to get much worse than this before it gets a jump start.
not enough people are homeless and there are still those with savings and disposable incomes.

This is just another litle magic trick to keep peoples eyes away from what is happening under their noses.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Interesting collision of seemingly unrelated events coming up...

G20
North Korean launch
Tax Day tea parties

Any or all of these events could easily be used for a false flag op.

Interesting month, to say the least.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

All I see here is one among many moves from the Chinese to cause trouble to the US. See, as Japan technically has no army, they are indirectly under US protection. NK is a puppet manipulated by China, nothing else.
Can't you see the big picture? Check the threads about the Ghostnet thing, and every spying trial against chinese spies that we saw throughout the West. Look , and see

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I personally think NK's leader is a lunatic who just wants his childish desires, or like the 3 year old who cannot have a toy, he'll pitch one til he's spanked. I have read enough articles on him that I seriously threw up in my mouth a little after reading about his antics.

I think, for the sake of the people who have to live under his .... *cough* rule he needs to be eliminated completely. Him, his cronies, and anyone who supports him. And then annex the country back to SK.

But- this is just MY mouth flapping.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Seriously , this politics need to stop talking so much and just do it, and honestly, i would love to see north korea off the map, lets do to them what we did to Iraq, and help this people out.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If China is supporting North Korea in this launch, then shooting it down could prove to be a problem. Two years ago China stole the scematics for the Aegis system and have already proven they can mess with our satelite guidance systems linked to it. If China really wants the launch to happen then it will happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I take it seriously.

1. NK rattles saber fires a Ballistic Missile over Japan-- and it will go over Japan. Says they will Keel anyone who try's to stop them.

2. Behind the curtain, like Kennedy with his hands up John Kerry's butt, moving his mouth--China is doing the same to NK. Missile fired. If its really a satellite, its a threat, if its really a military CBM, its a threat. Either way, its a threat and China is counting on Japans Response. Knowing the US and Japan have a mutual protection act and that Japan would be the main shooters here.

3. Spark ignites the dry grasses, we have a WAR. NK, SK, JP backed by US.

4. Carrier forces arrive to defuse the matter. BAM--China sinks them with their ACBM, or causes mass casualties on the fleet.

5. With forces crippled, depleted and scattered abroad, China now has the ability to make a snatch and grab play for Taiwan in an almost bloodless campaign, relatively speaking. Taiwan does has a rather large army and home field advantage, but China has MORE and will literally walk their people across the straight that divides them.

China will not NUKE Taiwan, as that would destroy the Golden Cash Cow. This is all about Taiwan and NK is the sacraficial Cow as it will most certainly be creamed! But how do you bomb a country to hell, when they are already in hell?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Kim Jong Il will never be deposed from the inside. You cannot fathom the level of control he and his cronies have over his people. My sister in-law is a South Korean who commutes into North Korea almost every day. She works for a clothing company in Korea, and helps run a factory in North Korea that makes fur coats etc. for export to the South. I've talked with her several times about North Korea- and it always blows my mind. According to her, the average North Korean has no idea that the United States, or most of the rest of the world for that matter- even exists. North Korea is the entire world to those people. All information is controlled- Kim Jong Il is the only one who provides anything- without him, they believe they are lost. The North Koreans might as well be living on a different planet- they just don't have any idea what the rest of the world is like. They have been taught to believe that they have it better than the rest of the world- that they are living in the center, the bright part of the universe.

If the people living in North Korea could see the rest of the world as it really is, they would kill Kim Jong Il in a second. He knows this, and makes sure it never happens. The one good thing about living in North Korea is the booze. Last time I was in Seoul, my sister in-law had several bottles of the North Korean "issue" liquor, and I got to drink it. I think it was the good stuff for the party leaders etc., but it was AWESOME. Killer smooth, super strong, and tasty.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join