It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 348
<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I had a go at merging one of the Snaketena and Starwolf images into the previous landscape, but of course it turned out less than optimal. In particular, the Starwolf is way too bright, and the lighting angle doesn't match.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'll have a swing at it as soon as I get a chance, if that's okay.

2nd Line.wow! I ain't done that in a while!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Sounds like you want to take Sslar and go after Neno.

I'll set it up so you can 'go with it' or leave it be. Up to you of course.

Edit to add

Here's the communique.

‘Dag, Silo here. Sslar’s requested transport to the StarWolf ASAP. She’s sleeping at the moment after making her wishes clear. Can you help her? Privacy is a must. No reason to alert Ship or crew. FYI? I’ll be staying aboard the Yydryl to recoup. Send sealed response via Pip. Silo - out.’

Something you might not have seen before? When talking via correspondence in the story line we use quotes.

If you choose to respond to the above is when you'd use quotes also to continue the continuity of Space Opera 'procedure' lol. If 'Silo' doesn't hear back she'll make other arrangements - maybe Moriah. Which actually would be cool, lol, more trouble for Neno! A green girl and a sick cat. Oh my! But no, you said something about wanting to go so...

Edit to Add 2

Than again - ooooooh I remember a couple years ago we also used colored text when corresponding or quoting but it ended up the general consensus was it was too hard on the eyes and we opted for quotes instead. Thank God.

peace
edit on 17-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sounds like you want to take Sslar and go after Neno.

I'll set it up so you can 'go with it' or leave it be. Up to you of course.

Okay, I'll check your post to see what's up! neno said he thought about taking her, but she's not well enough to go...
however, if we're circumventing neno (heh heh) and going anyway, well.....so be it!

Here's the communique.

‘Dag, Silo here. Sslar’s requested transport to the StarWolf ASAP. She’s sleeping at the moment after making her wishes clear. Can you help her? Privacy is a must. No reason to alert Ship or crew. FYI? I’ll be staying aboard the Yydryl to recoup. Send sealed response via Pip. Silo - out.’

Something you might not have seen before? When talking via correspondence in the story line we use quotes.

Yes, I did notice that while skimming the very first entries in the thread....I noticed also that there were shorter line-guidelines, and the impression I got was that one character would speak and then wait for another to respond.

We called that game the "Yes, and" game...where whatever your conversational partner said, you had to start with "Yes, and.....[add your own thoughts to keep the flow going.]" . It can be a blast, hilarious when witty people engage, especially if their relationship is established. It was different between performers, where each is playing a clear-cut role of their own device, than between performers and patrons (who had no "role" except to be interacted with).

Of course, if the patrons are clearly dressed up and want to be "playtrons", we would go with whatever they presented and bounce off of it. If they were just street-clothed crowd members attending, we would first "read" them...their body language, reactions to our "approach"...if they clearly wanted no part of it, we'd let them be. If they DID, we'd take it and run with it.

Loads of fun!!

I lay awake in the early mornings thinking about what to do next with Muckles' and Dag's dialogue -- how much of Dag's engineering to reveal...and also how to have Dag and Brittle come to a team-like place for a common cause. Or not...maybe they'll despise each other.....but it seems that Muckles and Ben have sort of teamed up to groom the two youngsters, which will be lots of fun!!

My thought was to have Muckles "see" the Starwolf leaving, realize Tibbs is onboard (somehow -- maybe a hidden camera that was installed in the Starwolf for monitoring him??)....and is going after him for protectiion, or surveillance, or companionship, or ..... what have you.

We can take Sslar, sure, I'll see what you've got set up and see if it works its way in. Thanks for the heads up!

Do you have plans for Adam? I assume he's still the on-call doc for the recovery process....but not real sure where he is for now...last I saw him he punched neno.
I was wondering if he might be hoping to "hook up" with one of those gals...the new crop. They're all adorable. Or...if he's going to go back for more of that silo-sugar....heh heh...

EDIT:: Having read your post......
Cool! Okay, so I was on track with Adam....yes, I'll respond to the communique, and we'll get to work smuggling her to neno!! Thanks.

edit on 17-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Phew! I think I did it justice!

Here's your image outta Photshop
Hope it's okay?

Edit:
Looks like BIAD's on a roll and 'knocked' this one
out as well! How he sees the pics is still beyond
me!

edit on 17-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Cool! Okay, so I was on track with Adam....yes, I'll respond to the communique, and we'll get to work smuggling her to neno!! Thanks.

Ok - just remember there's no 'we' in that. Silo will not be going or participating in getting Sslar from the Recovery Bay to Neno.

I added the info about Sslar only to secure where Adam and the Twins are, give indication of how Sslar's recovering and to work on the obvious (that being naturally Silo would check on Sslar as soon she was up and around herself) also to reestablish with Pip while letting readers know he's ok and back on the right track.

So - a communique would be great - then it's all yours, or not. Like I said if you don't want to deal with it I'll ask a droid and one of the girls to do it.

As for Adam? Nooo idea. All Silo knows is he's doing his doctoring aboard the Yydryl.

peace
edit on 17-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Is that Dorian Grey there on the right? :p

I mean I see Neno on the left, but - who's the dude on the right?

WAIT! IS THAT BIAD's Father? Noooo, it couldn't be? Could it? :O

I am looking forward to hearing more about BIAD - just sayin.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

there's no 'we' in that.

Oh.
My bad.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Okay, I'll check your post to see what's up! neno said he thought about taking her, but she's not well enough to go...
however, if we're circumventing neno (heh heh) and going anyway, well.....so be it!

That's the name of the game - life in the real world is seldom orderly or tidy! As an example, I've spent most of the day herding a two and a four year old who are giving it their level best to figure out a way to circumvent me!

I lay awake in the early mornings thinking about what to do next with Muckles' and Dag's dialogue -- how much of Dag's engineering to reveal...and also how to have Dag and Brittle come to a team-like place for a common cause. Or not...maybe they'll despise each other.....but it seems that Muckles and Ben have sort of teamed up to groom the two youngsters, which will be lots of fun!!

You know, that would be a potentially hilarious angle - they despise one another, but STILL have to work together! By "They", you can fill in Dag and brittle, or Ben and Muckles, or all of the above!

My thought was to have Muckles "see" the Starwolf leaving, realize Tibbs is onboard (somehow -- maybe a hidden camera that was installed in the Starwolf for monitoring him??)....and is going after him for protectiion, or surveillance, or companionship, or ..... what have you.

maybe a beeper beacon she sewed into the hem of his robes while he was in the shower? If neno found a spy camera on the starwolf, he'd most certainly be having words with someone - probably fairly hot words, not the least of which would be a demand to know how they got around the thumb-print lock he set ages ago (back when Starwolf first landed on Yydryl, before even the fight with the Buzzards that "wrecked" her) and got aboard to install it...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Phew! I think I did it justice!

Here's your image outta Photshop
Hope it's okay?

Edit:
Looks like BIAD's on a roll and 'knocked' this one
out as well! How he sees the pics is still beyond
me!

edit on 17-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that works!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I think that must be Curmudgeon, since they are both framing the "Tree of Life" they'll be fighting over!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo will not be going or participating in getting Sslar from the Recovery Bay to Neno.

I added the info about Sslar only to secure where Adam and the Twins are, give indication of how Sslar's recovering and to work on the obvious (that being naturally Silo would check on Sslar as soon she was up and around herself) also to reestablish with Pip while letting readers know he's ok and back on the right track.

Yeah, I get it.

Thanks for clarifying where Adam and the Twins and Pip are. No 'we'. I get it.
edit on 17-5-2012 by wildtimes because: meh. never mind

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Yeah, That's Carimono on the right... of course as Neno puts it:

I think that must be Curmudgeon, since they are both framing the "Tree of Life" they'll be fighting over!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Still not sure why you asked me about Adam - but that's neither here or there.
Do you plan on writing a conclusion between Adam and Dag?
Is there one?

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If neno found a spy camera on the starwolf, he'd most certainly be having words with someone - probably fairly hot words, not the least of which would be a demand to know how they got around the thumb-print lock he set ages ago (back when Starwolf first landed on Yydryl, before even the fight with the Buzzards that "wrecked" her) and got aboard to install it...

Ah, yes, but....hee hee hee.....
nm

reply to post by silo13

I've been wondering where Adam was ever since he punched neno.

A conclusion? Well, in my mind, they have some things to resolve...it's not done yet, so, hence it is not concluded. He's created a bit of a problem for himself...since he left the meeting he hasn't seen or spoken to Dag...but he's done a lot of other stuff.

Dag knows now that he was only her "trigger", but he doesn't. Dag has enough integrity not to just leave the whole thing hanging there like nothing ever happened...so, yeah, there will certainly be a "conversation"...if it's up to me. Dag is busy for the time being, however, and I've no idea what Adam's agenda is anymore. Haven't for some time now.

edit on 18-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Looking forward to reading the conclusion.

Added note: As for Adam 'not knowing' he was her trigger? He was there. He's a Doctor. He also spent internship as a Doctor at LAB = specifically as a Doctor to 'alien life forms' (why he was sent after Silo). Sure, he was confused himself (personally) over Dag's overt 'boy-ness' at their meeting and his (personal) response to him/her - but obviously not later.

It would be hard to believe Adam didn't figure out on his own (long ago) the part he played in Dag's 'becoming' and probably wonders (or at least it's crossed his mind) if that's not why he (specifically) was thrown together with her in the first place. Just saying as some of this is back story.

Have a good weekend.
edit on 18-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What I mean is, he knew he was her "trigger", but he also thought it would be a long-term love affair.

It might very well still turn out to be -- remains to be seen. I'm simply offering an explanation of Dag's "change of heart"....he doesn't know why she changed from his attentive lover. She didn't know why, either, until Mucklebones told her. Dag's feelings are still up for grabs; she hadn't told him they were through, just that she was uncomfortable and wanted to discuss the issues with him, but he was refusing to do so. That's why she was so glazed-over in the meeting.

She felt bad about it, she never wanted to hurt Adam! One can't force feelings, though.

And she'd started to shift from infatuation to the next level, which upset them both. No reason at all they can't reconcile. Or not.

Adam was the one who went to Silo for comfort. I did write up the beginnings of his reflecting on it, but the shooting incident interrupted that process. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, post is up, some backstory explained (I read through my last 20 or so posts to make sure I was still on task with the story development.) Your message was delivered and Pip on his way back to Silo with the response. Sure hope I didn't mess up with Pip *cringes*

edit on 18-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Okay, got it set up...Dag and Adam are going to have a discussion while Brittle distracts the twins, and Ben is going to smuggle Sslar out. Pip is on his way back to Cecilia.

Muckles is "onto" where Tibbs is, and as soon as we're all back with Sslar on board, we can go.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey, BIAD! Need you to help me out here again...
can you merge this picture onto Muckle's head for me?

I'll check in a few and put it in the story post if you can do it (I'm sure you can....)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Here you go... remember, Muckles isn't a big fan of
technology, but I suppose needs-must1

top topics

<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join