It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I would just like to know what can rattle doors and windows and not move windchimes or porch swings.

Can anyone explain that to me?

I tend to think it was electromagnetic and it caused people to hallucinate/perceive danger, some more than others.

What's the most common danger we perceive that may or may not be there?
Someone is outside. "I thought someone was trying to get in with me." Home invasion.

Could be the good Lord(s) above trying to warn us that there is danger outside our homes. Who knows?
But I used to live overseas and heard sonic booms once a week or more, and they never made me think someone was trying to get in the house.

Well, it depends upon which side of your House that the Door, and Rattling Windows are on, and what side the stable Wind Chimes and Porch Swing are on. Pressure differences mean everything. In all reality though, "Sonic Booms" are Sound waves, not Wind. Wind will rock Wind Chimes and Porch Swings, while Sound Waves will generally only accumulate on Flat Surfaces.

Also, I used to have regular experiences with "Sonic Booms", as I live next to a Major Airport which used to accept the Concord Jet liner. My windows would rattle and slam on a regular basis, but nothing attached to nor in my house (i.e., Hanging Objects such as Chandeliers) would ever shake or swing as a result. The Frame of the Building usually absorbs the Sound Waves.

Also, MANY Variances must be taken into account, including but not limited to: Building Frame Material, Siding Materials, Window Materials and Thickness, Door Material and Thickness, Foundation Make-up, and the Angle, Altitude, Speed, Direction, and Type of Aircraft involved.

My Old Man recounted a story to me of when he was stationed as the Assistant Officer in Charge of the San Francisco, CA Harbor Defense Unit in 1959 (for the United States Navy). They were inside the Casemate one day, and they heard an extremely loud "KA BOOM BOOM" which shook the entire structure. A "Casemate" is a Steel Reinforced Concrete Bunker with 5 Foot Thick Walls, and yet it Rattled like a Tent in a Windstorm. It turned out that two Fighter Jets had flown in over the Bay, and they pulled a U-Turn over the City and went SuperSonic in the Process.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
I am in SoCal and I felt nothing last night at 9:30pm and my house didn't shake or I would have felt it.

That's because it didn't happen last night. Nobody else felt anything last night either.

The incident we are all discussing took place at 9:30 pm PST on the evening of March 3rd, 2009 - THREE nights ago - not last night.

Read the opening post and see the news links for more information...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Some questions for those THAT felt it.

Well, I would like to throw something in to the mix here that may help to raise up more suggestions and ideas from others, and what I would like to do is see if we can find any common elements that people experienced.
I woul also like to extend this out to those people i the likes f Maryland who also felt a similar unexplained event several days beforehand.

Q) Were you inside a building when you felt and heard this event?

Related ONLY to those who were inside at the time:

Q) Was the building you were in a normal single story dwelling?

Q) What type of roof structure did this building have? ( i.e tin, slate, etc )

Q) What angle is the roof pitched at? ( approx gues is OK )

Q) How deep approx. do the foundations extend?

Q) What material is the most used material for the facier of your dwelling? ( Brick, Timber etc. )

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sounds like it might have been a large spacecraft that is designed to dampen sound yet still creates a "pressure" wave in the air with it's passage. You might not like the solution but it encompasses all the parameters of the observers.........that were stated here.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Could be Bomb testing? The first bomb I thought of was:

'MOAB', the largest conventional U.S. bomb: a satellite-guided bomb weighing 9,525 kg/21,000 lb, the largest conventional bomb in the U.S. arsenal, designed to detonate 1.8 m/6 ft from the ground. Full form Massive Ordnance Air Blast

“GBU-43/B "Mother Of All Bombs"
MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb”

“The GBU-43/B is large, powerful and accurately delivered. high explosive. The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb [MOAB] weapon is a 21,000 lbs total weight GPS-guided munitions with fins and inertial gyro for pitch and roll control. It is probable that this munitions was initially nick-named the "Mother Of All Bombs" with the retronymic expansion of MOAB following later.”

“On 11 September 2007 the Russian military announced that it had tested what it called the "Father of All Bombs". Described as the world's most powerful non-nuclear air-delivered munition, the Russian military claimed it was four times more powerful than the American "Mother Of All Bombs." While the Russian bomb was reported to contain 7.8 tons of "thermobaric" explosive, compared to the more than 8 tons of explosives in the American bomb, the Russian bomb was said to use more highly efficient explosive, with a yield equivalent to 44 tons of TNT. The bomb was reported to have a blast radius of 300 meters, double that of the American bomb, while the temperature at the epicenter was also reported to be twice as high”

(later in the report)
“The MOAB weapon is based upon the same principle as the BLU-82 “Daisy Cutter”, except that it is larger and has a guidance system. The weapon is expected to produce a tremendous explosion that would be effective against hard-target entrances, soft-to-medium surface targets, and for anti-personnel purposes. Because of the size of the explosion, it is also effective at LZ clearance and mine and beach obstacle clearance. Injury or death to persons will be primarily caused by blast or fragmentation. It is expected that the weapon will have a substantial psychological effect on those who witness its use. The massive weapon provides a capability to perform psychological operations, attack large area targets, or hold at-risk threats hidden within tunnels or caves.
The weapon is intended to have a high altitude release, allowing for greater stand-off range for the delivery vehicle. Following deployment from the aircraft via drogue parachute, the MOAB weapon is guided approximately 3 nautical miles through a GPS system (with inertial gyros for pitch and roll control), JDAM actuators, and is stabilized by series of fixed wings and grid fins. The weapon, which uses the aircraft’s GPS prior to launch, takes several seconds to reconnect to the GPS signal after it has been deployed, which is normal for GPS weapons

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Barak

Q) inside

Related ONLY to those who were inside at the time:

Q) 2-story
Q) tile
Q) ~30%
Q) 6" concrete slab
Q) stucco
Not sure how this can lead to any insight, but there it is. BTW, nearly all homes in this area are built as: stucco exteriors, 1 or 2 story, on concrete slabs (no foundation/basement), mostly clay tile or asphalt composition shingle roofs (most wood shingles are being replaced but some left here and there).

??

Tip: you'll get many more responses to this 'survey' by posting it to the OC Newspaper blog related to this incident (OP links above). You may wish to try there.

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
9am here in SoCal this morning and we had another window rattler. No ground movement as in a quake, but definitely some type of pressure wave as if from a blast over-pressure. Anybody else feel it? I'm in Southwest Riverside County. The event seemed to be moving from west to east.

947am here and we just had another one. I think it may be explosive ordinance (bombs or artillery) being used for training at Camp Pendleton just over the hills to the west. If so it is big, bunker buster type of stuff, because the pressure wave is significant, though not accompanied by any real loud noise.

Just had another event here at about 123pm. More of a boom this time and less of a rattle. A couple minutes later I heard a jet go by in the near distance.

I concur with each event you've posted having witnessed them as well. Just like the same reports of the OC/Central Coast events in the preious days, the events that occured in the Inland Empire were definitely not geologic in origin and seemed more like a sonic boom event (the shaking occurs rapidly at nearly the same moment as the boom - P-waves from an earthquake tend to arrive before a rumble or near surface boom). I also thought that it might have been a concussive report from artillery at Camp Pendleton as well but quickly dismissed that since it wasn't accompanied by other salvoes (BTW, you must live near me Icarus). I talked to my Mom who works at March Field about it and she said that the F-16's at the ANG alert base were scrambled and were busy all day, so it may be related. Still, not nice of the FAA or the military to be dishonest about buzzing us civies if that's the case. (That being said, do the Marine helicopters fly low right over your house too?)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Barak

1) Yes, in a loft right under the roof.
2) No, 3-story.
3) clay tile
4) 45°
5) 3m on one side, 6m, on the other (on a hill slope)
6) Brick

Not sure whether it'll help, but there you go.

In regards to ordnance testing - how would that explain the same thing happening a continent and an ocean away at the exact same time? The U.S. military does not test ordnance here...nor any other, and even if sound did carry that far (it doesn't, at least not through air), it would take quite a while to arrive. 333m/s equals about 1200 km/h, or about 8 hours for it to arrive, not at the same instant. Same applies to fast-moving aircraft, even potential hypersonic ones.

The funny thing is, the way this happened disqualifies most if not all conventional means (earthquakes, construction, aircraft, ordnance, wind, animals, ...) all by itself.

[edit on 7.3.09 by SETILunatic]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fell On Earth

Yeah, I dismissed the artillery or bomb theory quickly, too. I posted on page 8 a theory it may be testing of a new Navy weapon or sonar device, though. There is some evidence, and a link, there to back that up. With the nearly global reference in this thread to the pressure wave events, however, it seems more likely to be HAARP related at this point. Or, as Outrageo is leaning toward, an Air Force test of some new hypersonic vehicle.

Yes, we get lots of the deep, low thump of Marine rotor blades over the houses around here, too. Interesting to hear the F-16s at March were scrambled, as well. I've never seen them out of their staging area before.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The OC Register made mention of the shaker this week again on their weekly earthquake page but not as an earthquake:

Map of this week’s earthquakes in O.C. area

As far as headaches go, I've been dealing with migraines for years now. In recent years I've theorized there might be something around here that could be causing them, but there's no way I can prove that.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Check out this thread of mine I posted in 2007. It goes along the same lines as what is occuring as of late.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I live in Lisbon, Portugal. i heard a similar sound today around 1:15 am, it was like someone knocking very hard, i mean like a hammer on a wall (twice) at the door/wall, then absolute silence.

At 2:00 am, the birds outside started singing (those birds are not nightbirds)

Strange.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The mystery has spurred its share of conspiracy theories. On the Sentinel Web site, readers comments suggested the boom was E.T.'s return, an intercontinental missile that North Korea, or test runs of new, secret U.S. Navy jets.

www.santacruzsentinel.com...

Check this out. Our local paper is keeping up on it. Funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Thanks for the read. Very interesting to see that intrigue has been sparked with this incident. I wonder if anything will ever come of it...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

You're welcome. I smiled when I saw those few comments about the Aliens return

Another thread just got started about a Boom on the East coast. They are saying it could be meteor related. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lot's of booming around lately.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was so intrigued by all this that I asked a clairvoyant friend if she could come up with any insights. This is what she said:

'Galaxy beyond ours.
Implosion.
Buildings acted as giant 'speakers' and only those inside heard the noises.'

Also, she was outside having a smoke at 2.30am Thursday when she heard blackbirds singing - (same as crustas) - 'Blackbirds don't sing at that time of the night do they?' she said. She hadn't heard the roof/door handle rattling/banging noises because she was driving back to her home at the time I heard them.

Fascinating that so many people have had the same experiences. I hope this thread stays alive.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Trying for a second time to bump this thread. Are there any more experiences or thoughts? Perhaps scientists would like to comment? I think this topic is too important to ignore.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
whoa! I found this post while googling for info because we are experiencing "booms" here in Westchester NY.

Here is a recent article:
link
Also, there have been many unexplained "booms" around the Mississippi in Feburary. Here is info on them:
link
And Maryville, TN:
link
WTH?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting about birds singing at 2:00am.

I had a dream that it was midnight or so and I looked out on my deck and saw 2 Blue Jays. I wonder what we are really dealing with here.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the last 2 posts. Yes - what are we dealing with?
Some are experiencing loud external explosions, some are experiencing loud rattling sounds on door handles, banging on walls and stamping on roofs, as if something were trying to force entry into their homes (like my experience), some are experiencing 'day' birds singing at night time. What is going on?
How many people who had the 'burglar' experience have East-West facing buildings? I heard all the noises on the front of my house which is East facing.......
Any more?

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join