It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange "non-earthquake" Rattles So. Cal.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo

Originally posted by zerotensor

These actions by themselves have stoked my suspicion-- If the correlations I was investigating were truly spurious, then why was such focused action taken to "plug the leaks"?

Can you say more about both of the above?

PJ

I hope i'm not overly cluttering the thread with this-- Though it is related to the discussion, I don't want to take us too far afield... Still, i feel the need to put my previous remarks in context, and now's as good a time as any.

Here's a sketch of what I hinted at before:

Back in the spring of 2005, there was a similar boom that happened in Florida. A moderate earthquake was recorded by seismometers in Orlando.

cryptome.info...

The calculated epicenter was smack in the middle of Tampa, and at a depth of 20km! Anyway, reports from many credible witnesses were that this was no ordinary boom- more intense than the shuttle. A cover story was immediately released by the air force, claiming that a pair of f-18's were responsible for the boom. The whole thing smelled funny. So, I decided to investigate. I looked at lightning strikes, radar images, satellite pictures, FAA logs, media reports, etc... On a whim, I decided to see what HAARP was up-to at the time. I checked the magnetometer readings in the days leading up to the event. Only one anomalous signal was present: a strange "square pulse" on the magnetometer chart from College, AK, about 12 hours before the event. By itself this was pretty flimsy, but since my other avenues of investigation weren't paying-off, I forged ahead, entertaining the hypothesis that these events were somehow related. I googled for other mystery booms in florida. I found quite a few. Plugging these dates into the magnetometer charts, I found to my surprise that the same "glitch" preceded many of the other booms by around 10-16 hrs as well.

Still, this was not terribly convincing, especially considering that Fairbanks is thousands of miles away from Tampa. What I needed was an independent data set which would fit the scenario of some sort of exotic geophysical technology being implemented. I struck upon the LANL Geosynchronous Particle Flux data, which shows the charged particle environment measured by a fleet of satellites in geosynchronous orbit. That's when my jaw dropped wide open. There were "stripes" of missing data on the charts which extended across all satellites, and/or pulses of energetic ions, at *exactly the same time*, and for the same duration, as many of the "pulse" artifacts on the magnetometer charts. Indeed, the magnetometer pulse preceding the mysterious event in FLA was accompanied by an ion pulse in the plots from the LANL satellites!

At this point I felt I was on to something, so I proceeded to download the entire set of magnetometer charts from the HAARP website, and started the business of trying to find correlations with the satellite data. I had mixed results, but overall, my assay left me quite confident that some high-level skullduggery was afoot.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by zerotensor]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
(continued)

In the midst of this investigation-- some time after the initial event-- new magnetometer data from the College, AK station suddenly became unavailable on the HAARP website. Being at the time quite familiar with the source HTML of the data page, I inspected the code. While the web page looked exactly the same, (minus the elimination of any mention of the college magnetometer), the whole generating cgi script had been revamped. A whole bunch of geek-sleuthing ensued, the details are quite complicated and boring but the upshot is that the glitches on these plots were on the HAARP side of the equation, not in the instrument itself. And they were no longer being updated, or even displayed on the site. I figure my mass-download or my big mouth tipped them off.

Without a correlative source, I backed off the case. I kept periodically examining the LANL data, though, and saw quite a few interesting anomalies. No smoking gun, though, so for a while i just sat back and watched.

October 8, 2005: A Massive earthquake struck the Kashmir region of Pakistan. Huge loss of life, entire villages leveled. The LANL data was off the *f-ing chart!! You can see an article I wrote some time later here:

zerotensor.blogspot.com...

and here:

zerotensor.blogspot.com...

Several months after publishing this, new data stopped appearing on the LANL site. Me and my big mouth! *curses!*

So there you go; this is why I am so interested in mysterious sonic booms like the one that is the topic of this thread. Thanks for tolerating this extremely long aside.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I posted this in the comments on the original "science guy" news article, but found this forum after some googling and wanted to share it here as well...

It may be unrelated, but around the same time (no idea *exactly* what time it was, just that it was after Midnight EST Wednesday morning) I had a similarly unnerving experience to the ones described by many of the posters on the aforementioned news article's comments and here.

I should first note that I live approximately 20 miles (as the crow flies) northwest of Columbia, South Carolina. That's about as far as you can get from OC and still be in the US, but we are roughly on the same parallel if I am not mistaken.

The event was extremely brief, but I was sitting on my sofa (where I am right now) surfing the web when there was a very distinct knocking sound on my large (west-facing) living room window -- just a few feet from where I was sitting. There were only two quick beats, but it was more than enough to freak me out.

Did not see anyone or anything there. And it didn't happen again. Have never had such an acute experience of a knocking and there be nothing there. I ultimately shook off the spooky feeling and went to bed, but this news story got me wondering.

Can't imagine how the events could be related, but I thought I should post here to add to the clearinghouse of information.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It's odd people say they heard footsteps above them, like on their roof. Just a thought, since some animals (cats, dogs) reacted, it's possible other animals (birds, raccoons, squirrels, other people's cats, etc) may have been nesting in their attics, eaves etc - also reacted. I have quite the "zoo" in my yard ....

[edit on 6-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This might be unrelated. It supposedly happened at 6am but on the day of the rattling event and it was photographed not far from where I am and we've had at least two more rattling events to the south of me this morning. It's on C2C's website.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dneudecker

Looks like a missile.
I read a story they may have been testing nearby

---------

Update with nothing new to report:
Sonic boom remains a mystery

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Looks like a missile.
I read a story they may have been testing nearby

---------

Update with nothing new to report:
Sonic boom remains a mystery

Well, the person's description wouldn't describe a missile. Also, that was taken in Cherry Valley which, unless there's another one, is about 80 miles east of Los Angeles. It was taken at 6am and judging by the sky it was taken looking more to the east than the west. There are no missiles launched in that direction or anywhere at all around this area.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Sorry, I was just taking a guess, after reading all the possibilities going around. The description it gave of how it moved was a bit vague.
Cool pic though

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Missiles tend to leave long gnarly trails behind them to which are easy to see. Not to mention most of the missile tests in the area tend to come out of Edwards AFB.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
reply to post by violet

Missiles tend to leave long gnarly trails behind them to which are easy to see. Not to mention most of the missile tests in the area tend to come out of Edwards AFB.

Actually, I don't think they launch any missiles from Edwards. Most of them are launched from Vandenburg, on the coast. Those are the ones we see on the news around here with the wild squigly tails after they fail.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hello sorry for the short reply but might this have been to blame?
Maybe your dog sensed doom zip by us in a flash of a second...

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by f3rm1N]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Barak

No there arent no news source about it as far as i know.. It was 5am in Portugal and 6am in Spain.. A lot of people didnt sense nothing.. heavy sleep.. Besides, it was only when i read in ATS what happened that i caught interest in the issue, as it was something i experienced that was experienced same time on the other side of the atlantic

If that didnt happen, i should have dismissed it as some "natural" stuff that i dont have knowledge to explain..

P.S. - The portuguese people dont have the habit of calling 112 (our 911) for everything

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Picao84]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Picao84

Heya Picao84

Thanks for giving us this information... personal experience or not it is still noteworthy, and thanks for sharing

And yea.. in my country, we don't rally dial 111 for our emergency services on such events either

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The information on HAARP (and I read the blog posts linked) is very interesting. I have resisted believing any internet claims about insidious uses of HAARP but that is unusually convincing to my gut-instinct. I recall, was it China?, insisting the USA caused their massive earthquake, and how improbable that sounded to me. It doesn't sound that improbable now.

Now I'm led to wonder what kind of surface effects result from some of the anomalies you recorded, *prior* to an event like that, and if they could include some of the stuff talked about on this thread. It might even make sense that they were widely distributed and yet occasional, a sort of spattering-effect.

Thanks for the extra info.

Best,
PJ

[edit on 6-3-2009 by RedCairo]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avalon22
I'm going to guess underground blasting somwhere not to far from you. do you know of any highway or tunnel construction going on or perhapse there is a mine they are working in.

"I am sorry, you have dialed the wrong number."
"Please check your number and either agree or offer an opinion that includes some form of alien/government conspiracy."
"Thank you and try your call again. "

[edit on 6-3-2009 by gormly]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Highway or tunnel blasting would register on USGS seismographs as originating in the ground. The USGS has already stated that this disturbance was not from the ground.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by gormly

Highway or tunnel blasting would register on USGS seismographs as originating in the ground. The USGS has already stated that this disturbance was not from the ground.

You missed the joke bro....

If you have reasonable causes or potential explanations your opinion doesn’t count. People here will put enormous effort onto ruling out a Highway or tunnel blast with USGS seismographs, while at the same time seriously promote an alien flyby as the cause for the rumble.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by gormly]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
It's odd people say they heard footsteps above them, like on their roof. Just a thought, since some animals (cats, dogs) reacted, it's possible other animals (birds, raccoons, squirrels, other people's cats, etc) may have been nesting in their attics, eaves etc - also reacted. I have quite the "zoo" in my yard ....

Hi,

I experienced exactly the same thing - loud rattling of windows and roof, and it sounding like something *heavy* (as in: about as heavy as a human) was stomping across the roof quite heavily, all without the ground trembling. The roof is of the pointed kind, and it "walked" first up one side, then down the other. All in all, this took about 5 seconds, then it was over as quickly as it had started.

There are no birds large enough to sound like that here, and the roof is only accessible via my apartment (about 18m above ground level).

This region has recorded only one EQ in the past few years - at least they thought they did, but then found out it was an old WWII bomb that was detonated on purpose when it was dug up during some construction work. So - no seismic reason here, definitely. My cats also got very agitated while this was going on, both immediately darted under my bed (they only do this when they're scared).

To put some perspective onto this - I don't live in the states, or anywhere even close to an ocean or other large body of water.

So no Seneca guns here - about 10 miles outside Vienna, Austria, in Europe. Same timeframe though.

I remember being reasonably freaked out - it was about an hour before sunrise (still pitch black though) and nothing else was stirring - then all of a sudden, boom, rattle, boom, and something "walking" across the roof (I live in a small loft right under the roof). Then I thought "hey, Greys would be less conspicuous, it's gotta be the mother of all birds and some freakish wind phenomenon" and forgot about it - til I read this thread.

No news coverage here at all, by the way.

[edit on 6.3.09 by SETILunatic]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Well I have nothing to add in terms of answers. But, I found this;

www.rense.com...

FORT FISHER, N.C. -- The sound rolls in off the ocean like an invisible tidal wave, washing over houses with enough force to rattle windows and startling people who look uneasily to the ground and to the sky for an explanation.

Boom. Rattle. Rattle boom. And it is over as quickly as it began.

The mysterious noises have been reported as far back as the 1850s.

Now, a Duke University seismologist hopes to find clues about the mystery sound's origins as a side benefit from an earthquake research project.

Its been going on there for over 100 years according to this.

More on these sounds.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I was born and raised in S Cal.

I remember hearing and feeling the low rumble several times while growing up also only about half the people that live there are even aware of the fact that it has been noted for a long time.

And for the non believers
Yes I know and have experienced Sonic booms up close and at distances this is not the same.

If I remember correctly USC or UCLA one of the two did a study and never found the causes. I think they chalked it up to some sort of as of yet unknown seismic anomaly.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
If you have reasonable causes or potential explanations your opinion doesn’t count. People here will put enormous effort onto ruling out a Highway or tunnel blast with USGS seismographs, while at the same time seriously promote an alien flyby as the cause for the rumble.

Oh. I must have totally misunderstood something on this thread. Is there a practical blast with seismographs on this?

Does that normally cause people to think "someone is walking heavily across my roof" or "someone is knocking loudly on my window" when nothing else is disturbed?

Because in my world, there are big trucks on the street that amount to minor seimograph-type activity all the time, not counting a lot of it from other legit sources. But if it was perfectly still and nothing was shaking or rattling, but I just heard a KNOCK on my window, or someone seemingly walking heavily across my roof, I would be disinclined to believe it had "some common explanation" too.

That doesn't mean it needs to have any conspiracy explanation. It's probably something perfectly ordinary that we just aren't aware of yet. But it's highly unlikely to be someone doing construction ordinance in the next town over, given the 'symptoms'.

I find that persons attempting to be skeptical often verge off into scoffer. You point out right that often, people will ignore valid evidence for ordinary, prosaic explanations for events.

But others will deliberately ignore multiple, numerous first-hand testimony of actual events and experiences, in order to more comfortably apply prosaic explanations that do not in fact explain the evidence at all.

Best,
PJ

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join