It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Global Warming Just A Natural Cycle That occurs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I recently heard a theory that an ice age occurs once every 26,000
years, and not the X amount of years previously thought. (guessed) It
has been said that we are actually heading towards the end of the
previous ice age (because the ice still exists) and into the beginning
of the new. It is also thought that the new ice age will peak in
approximately 2,500-3,000 years from now (after the age of Aquarius)
and will stay at peak level for approximately a further 3,500-4,000 years.

Any feedback would be appreciated

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I believe so.

I don't know why but it seems that we're all being lied to. Perhaps the whole global warming thing is a step in the direction of a Life Tax. After all, anything that is alive produces carbon dioxide.

Or perhaps the global warming fiasco will usher in whatever comes after our fossil fuel dependence and the most profitable way of the whole world switching over is to scare everyone into submission.

Here, this says it better than I can:

in fact world temperatures had been falling since about 1940. It was around 1979 that they reversed direction and resumed the general rise that had begun in the 1880s, bringing us today back to around 1940 levels.
Source

[edit on 26-2-2009 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes, the earth has been warming and cooling since before Humankind existed and will continue to do so long after we have gone.

We still need to cut down on our consumption of fossil fuels and our pollution of the planet before we wreck it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I believe that it is a natural cycle.

I find it so funny that we think we know a damn thing about climate change on earth from our measly data.

The Earth is billions of years old and people think the data we have collected over the past few decades means something

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Yes, the earth has been warming and cooling since before Humankind existed and will continue to do so long after we have gone.

We still need to cut down on our consumption of fossil fuels and our pollution of the planet before we wreck it.

Yeah very true, but lying to the whole world surely wasn't the right way to go about it? Was it? Well at least the plan worked very effectively. I think its all about the money on taxes personally. Oh yeah and a few extra votes in office a while back if I remember rightly. But then again I could be wrong? Thanks to you all for your input.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by paulcottrell84]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulcottrell84

Yeah very true, but lying to the whole world surely wasn't the right way to go about it?

I know, thats the thing that really pisses me off about it. It think that Shell got behind the idea because of their new liquid hydrogen production and helped push it even more... which sickens me even more. Once the Oilers found a way to profit from it, the big money would pumped into propaganda.

It stemmed from a real fear, it god boosted by profiteering and corrupt scientists, it is now a €50billion a year industry. When emissions caps become commonplace, it will be a massive industry.. all based on speculation.

The two good things that will come out of the fraud is..

1) The green technologies bubble will help the world climb out of this recession.
2) We will stop polluting the planet as much.

[edit on 26/2/09 by Dermo]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by paulcottrell84

I agree that it is a normal cycle. It is also interesting that people are turning natural cycles into cash machines. Taxing natural cycles works well because cash flow would be as definite as the cycle itself.

If you think about it , it is not so bad of an idea. Tax us when the sun comes up and when the moon comes up, and it will make taxes so much simpler than they have to be.

So when you pay your taxes, you just multiply your tax by how many times the sun came up in the year, + how many times the moon came up.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I believe its part of a natural cycle, in glacial periods the earth cools and ice sheets advance, in interglacial periods the earth warms and the ice sheets retreat.

The absolute clincher for me was that when the US economy started to go wrong Bush suddenly did a big U turn and made a big thing of it creating a whole new industry.

I have to say though that although not caused by human actions, I do believe reducing the ammount of greenhouse gasses and burning of fossil fuels is a good thing, as just because we haven't caused something doesn't mean we shouldn't treat our earth better

link   
Earth warms and cools thats basic, and if you ask me quite obvious. I highly doubt, we can "wreck" this planet, nor am I saying wer should do everything in our power to damage it. This planet will wipe us out, way before we can destroy it. Just like the civilizations before and after us. ( come on do you REALLY thing we are the only ones? ) Mass extinctions have occured on this planet numerous times. ( I hear them coming now " WHERES THE PROOF!!" ) How much of this planet have we actually covered and how much is buried directly below us, so imagine over BILLIONS of years. Global warming...long story short = big bunch of government backed BS.

link   
DOUBLE POST sorry guys.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by degenerate oto]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Found an interesting video, dunno how relevant it is though.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have no doubt its a natural cycle.
The data speaks for itself.
All the data saying humans are creating the warming, is propaganda to bring in new taxes.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

IMO it is a natural occurence. We have most likely sped it up with emmisions, but the earth has proven herself capable in the past of mass destruction and it was without the help of humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Co2 does not create Global-Warming, Global-Warming causes Co2!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I believe it could just be a natural cycle. I read an article a few years ago that put forward strong scientific evidence for natural increases of CO2 over so many millions of years but i'm dammed if i can find it now.

Here's a (currently accepted) fact: 97% (estimated) of CO2 found in earth's atmosphere is naturally occurring.

Somehow we are led to believe that the estimated 3% produced by human industrial activity is 'tipping the balance'

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Right!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Yeah, I believe so.

I don't know why but it seems that we're all being lied to. Perhaps the whole global warming thing is a step in the direction of a Life Tax. After all, anything that is alive produces carbon dioxide.

Now why drag that into the conversation and just answer YES we have had periods through out Earths history of ICE ages and what follows ? Melt offs.
From what I've read it has happened at least 4 or 5 times in Earths history as far as we know. so yes it happens IMHO

As far a carbon TAX Who cares!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I believe that it is a natural cycle.

BUT part of it is also added weather modification by the government.

This weather modification is being done by adding chemicals to jet fuel(chem-trails). this is to make it appear to be unnatural (strange storms or stronger storms or droughts)so the government can increase the control of the people and raise taxes like a carbon tax, fuel taxs and other way to take money from the people.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A book by Dr. William A. Gaspar, called The Celestial Clock, claims that 5,125-year Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count represents a quarter of a "warming cycle", which is part of a 23,000-year "dominant ice volume collapse cycle", and that every 11,500 and 23,000 years, there is a major polar axis shift, with severe earthquakes and flooding. The earth goes through warming and cooling cycles, which are a result of increased heat and carbon dioxide, but independent from Man.

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

1. There Will Be Global Flooding
2. There will be a Pole Shift
3. There will once again be a Ice Age

www.tylwythteg.com...

WHAT ABOUT THAT AGE OF AQUARIUS?

users.sfo.com...?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join