It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Global Warming Just A Natural Cycle That occurs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's a very similar topic I found a couple of days ago. Its a shame I didn't find this before, after searching Google an entire evening looking for clues, if I had of found this I probably wouldn't have posted this thread..

Evidence for ancient glaciation, including polished bedrock and erratic boulders, is extensive. But in early 1800s, the prevailing paradigm to explain these was diluvianism – belief that they were artifacts of the great flood of the Bible. According to William Buckland, one of the most widely respected geologists of the time, the goal of geology was "to confirm the evidences of natural religion; and to show that the facts developed by it are consistent with the accounts of the creation and deluge recorded in the Mosaic writings." (quoted in , page 35). A detailed scientific case for ancient glaciation was first synthesized in detail by Jean de Charpentier in the early 1830s, and the great geologist Louis Agassiz became an early convert. By 1841 Charles Lyell, and even Buckland, had been won over, and over the next 20 years, the theory of ancient periods of extensive ice became generally accepted. Soon after the existence of the ice ages was postulated, they were attributed to these orbital changes. The first person to create a detailed theory was Joseph Adhémar, who published a book on the subject in 1842 called Revolutions de la Mer, Deluges Periodics. He believed that the 26,000 year precession cycle was the cause, and he suggested that it was the direct gravitational attraction of the sun and moon on the ice caps, a result that many scientists at the time correctly rejected as absurd.

muller.lbl.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It was great that The "Global Warming" Protesters were in a snow storm yesterday

oh the irony lol

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I read in the newspaper yesterday, up to 10,000 Brits could die from heatstroke and dehydration this summer due to heat waves. It says its gonna be the hottest year ever recorded in British history, it didn't mention anything about the rest of the world though. I still think its wise to take the necessary precautions just in case.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join