It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar hot spot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Okay. At the risk of sounding like a total loon, I have to say that one of the strangest things I've ever experienced just happened to me. Took a break from work just now to take a quick walk outside for a breath of fresh are. Was wearing my white ski jacket. So I'm listening to my iPod and stopped to watch the cars pass by.

It's 3:00 local time, the temperature is 45 with about a 10 mph wind blowing, and my back is to the sun. In about a minute, I felt like the top back of my head was on fire. I reach back to feel it and it's burning up to the touch and feels like i just leaned my head against a pot of boiling water. I mean it's cold out (not freezing but pretty cold). I looked around to see if maybe the sun was reflecting off the glass of the building or what, but nothing.

I was just in the direct path of the sun. There's no product in my hair to attract anything, and I've never felt this kind of heat even on a beach when it was 95 degrees. I ran back inside kind spooked and had a friend and coworker feel the back of my head, and he was like, "Whoa." So I'm not entirely off here.

What the heck? Am I losing my mind?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

only suggestions but my first idea is that somebody way playing with a microwave canon or something. maybe a missguided beam.

good day.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Very interesting, I had something Similar happen to me yesturday afternoon

I was outside under my car installing a new muffler.Since it was 0 degress Celcius( I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada) I had the car pointed towards the sun up on ramps. After a couple minutes, I had to get up in a hurry and take off my hoody and jacket...So I was down to jeans and T-Shirt and climb deep under the car into the shade and work from that angle.

I've never had it happen so quickly, It's like an intense charge of heat built up from within, in a short timeframe. Then as soon as the sun went down a couple hours later it got shockingly cold. ( I understand that it would drop a bit obviously but it was enough to ponder about).

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Last week here in Belfast, Northern Ireland we were coming off 4 weeks of freezing winter weather when the sun came out. The temp was around 7celcius and I was working outside in the winter sun all day and could sware that at certain times my back and neck were burning. It was a worse sensation then even the summer when its direct sun and made me think about the discussions on ATS about the solar flares/weakened magnetic defense of earth.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wow. exactly!

the time frame in which this happened (within a minute) and the comparison to a hot day at the beach in direct sunlight is what shocked me. even now, 90 minutes later, i still feel it on the back of my head. and i me most. and i have a lot of hair for protection too.

i JUST went out and stood in the same spot again, and nothing. of course the sun is 90 minutes lower in the sky now. i'm really bothered and puzzled.

i've been doing some googling (i'm at work so i don't have a lot of time) but haven't seen anything yet.

I'm in Atlanta, GA, by the way.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I checked SOHO and here is the latest image.
Appears to have been a flare at 19:54.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

thanks. 19:54...is that GMT? interesting but i don't know what this means exactly and it was about 3:57 that this happened. can we actually FEEL these things? can they effects be that pinpointed to just one spot on the body/earth/whatever?

okay i see it is UT, which is GMT, which would place it at 14:54 my time. just about right. WEIRD!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
microwaves perhaps? is there a cell phone antenna or similar nearby?
could it be gaps in the "magnetosphere"?

[edit on 23/2/09 by pieman]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I find it curious that someone else felt this since there was one yesterday. I'm not sure what time it was though. Plus they said it appeared to be from the far side. Here's a photo of that...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
microwaves perhaps? is there a cell phone antenna or similar nearby?
could it be gaps in the "magnetosphere"?

[edit on 23/2/09 by pieman]

i was pretty much in the open..about 50 yards from the building, near a couple of cars i also checked for reflections bouncing off of, and maybe 300 yards to the nearest cell tower. heck i just don't know what to think.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Good thinking!! I guess we'll find out as the solar storms start to increase again.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Would the UV Index have anything to do with what your feeling. I'm in Alaska and the days are getting longer and longer. The sun at times can be very intense and I've found that without good sunglasses your retina's will fry.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

i don't know. i'll check that. thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
you know, i've been thinking...this happened in the middle of winter and now that it's summer, the memory of it and how hot it was is causing me to avoid outside at all costs and to be very cautious when i do. i can't help but feel this is a portent of things to come.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I know that this happened in the Summer, not like you in the Winter (I hope) but my Dad was in the garden sun bathing the other day. He was out there for one hour and he looked like a tomato! I mean, how on Earth? I know that it's been hot recently but- no that shouldn't have happened.
To tell you the truth my right hand, about two years ago, while I was in bed, started throbbing maniacally. I started feeling queezy with it and before I knew it it could have been stuck in a fire place! Not only that but it felt like it was inflating (not too dissimilar to a balloon) and eventually I was rolling around on the floor of my bedroom being weighed down by this horrible burning/ inflating pain in my hand.
I think that what you had was something to do with blood flow or something like that. You've probably already thought about that though. I still think that you experienced something odd. But, like many things, odd stuff happens and an explanation will either come along or not. I reckon it was something to do with your blood or some other sort of chemical in your body.

Ramadwarf on unexplainable hot flushes

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Hmmm...thanks, Ramadwarf...that is something to consider that i actually hadn't thought about. The thing is, when I put my hand up to feel the back of my head/hair, i felt the heat on it too. It was almost like when you use a magnifying glass in a beam of sun, only there was no magnifying glass and he sky was totally cloudless too. oh well.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
actually i wonder if this was to do with the solar stuff i been reading, my family and i were out most of the day today, now it has been heavy cloud cover all day, patches of dense fog by the beach and rain showers on and off all day now when we got home and say 2 hours later my husband and i have noticed that we both have sunburn down our arms and i have sunburn on the back of my neck its hot to the touch and stingy feels like my neck is on fire

connected mayb??

i stay in Edinburgh UK

oh edited to add that we spent about 2 hurs on the beach and the rest of the time we were hiking through the a wooded path area, its not been hot today but cool

[edit on 043131p://32074 by ronishia]

top topics

join