It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are exciting times to be alive, just like the Sixties

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
might be commendable...doubt it...rich people are gonna make us richer and better?

(sorry...must be the doom & gloom falling over me...)

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
its not that exciting yet, so far a bunch of banksters have looted big time, economy is quickly going down the tubes, unemployment is rising fast,
but......so far most contrys are agreeing to not go into a state of protectionism. & also europe is so far managing to remain europe.
but the world remains on the brink of total collapse & with all bailouts not working & the global economy remains in a nosedive & america printing lots of money, things will continue to worsen.
in my opinion if 1 or 2 countrys pull out of the europe then other countrys will have no choice but to enforce protectionism in there own countrys, if this were to happen things will worsen rather quickly into major riots & mahem over resorces.
if american bailouts continue to not work & only continue to make the american public angry then who knows, trade relations between usa & chine may disolve into some thing very ugly like war !!!.
im not sure if ide relate the current times to the 60`s in any way, & maybe the 1930`s will be seen as a mild depression in a few years time ?.
beyond that there are large areas of europe that have had multicurturism forced on them by there own governments & the eu dictatorship, this has a real posibility of erupting into race riots & religous wars.
add these major problems to the posible way out of a depression being war,
& with over 6 billion people on the planet with global collapse, yeah ide say theres a real posibility that from the end of 2009 things could start getting exciting as you put it, 2010 will for sure be interesting if your not in the wrong place.
weather this current gobal collapse will improve the current quality of music remains to be seen, but realy can todays music get any worse ??

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Listen chaps, on a brighter note. Go here

www.myspace.com/mrsoandso

A band that encompass all the 60's and 70's song writing values, while actually being able to play their instruments.

Also I do think The King's of Leon are here to save modern music too.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Watch Eastern Europe...their Neighbors have sunk untold money into keeping them up...a default of 10+% will start pulling them down...

china is selling debt for natural resources to get ahead of crashing fiat money...

wake up people!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Wrong.

My husband marched with Jesse Jackson to protest segragation.

I marched against Vietnam in Washington DC, because wars are orchestrated events to manipulate the poor into fighting wars that the "common masses" are ALWAYS lied to about. Get this, rich boys don't die in wars - mostly it's the poor and middle class kids that end up dead.

Wake up.

The people coming up now don't have half the guts we had. They are compliant little drones. The music is crap so are most of the movies, utter poop. There is no creativity or imagination left.

See Woody Allen's Movie "Sleeper" and that is about where we are at now.

People won't even address or consider the "Alien Presence" / "Alien Rule" that has occurred on our prison planet. Heck, most people won't even consider they are birds in a gilded cage, watched, poked at and when their usefulness has past replaced.

So much going on, but the rabbit hole goes even deeper than you can imagine.

I suspect that many "abductions" are real and our DNA has continiously been tampered with, read "The Threat" by David Jacobs.

Which brings me to another matter. The "kids" now days don't even read. I average (with a 52 hour work week) one book every two weeks and I don't waste what little time I have left on "Reality Shows" or "Dancing with the Stars" junk that is so popular now, pure brain fluff.

Within the last 30 years people appear to have become more compliant, more docile, dumber, more colder emotionally and more controlled than ever before.

I've lived over half a century and people have changed, our humanity has left us, we are becoming "them" and "they live".

Wake the muck up and open your eyes.

Exciting times.

You live on a prison planet and don't even know it.

EVERY major "event" is orchestrated to manipulate a exact reaction out of the masses and tighten "their" control on what little is left of humanity.

Read 1984 it's here and only a small collection of humanity saw it coming and tried to warn everyone.

But people believe exactly what they need and want to believe.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkfish

So awesome, listening to Kings of Leon currently; soundtrack of the times. Not quite there yet with this exciting business tho. Things are always looking up, for someone, somewhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Seconded...
There are exceptions but most of popular modern era music is not to my liking. There is a reason that there are so many oldies and classic rock radio stations out there right now. My favorite is playing "White Room"
right now. Awwww good times, good times. While I agree with the OP, I don't see so many "grass roots organization" that are truly culture changing right now. There is a lot of complacency in MSM and American culture. I don't know about world-wide but, at least not in the USA.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This era compared to the 1960's?

The 1960's were a series of grassroots movements by people that, rightly or wrongly, were willing to sacrifice in order to push for actual change.Like minded individuals gave up ceertain things to push for things they truly believed in.

The early 21st century, by comparision, is more notable for mal- contented cyber activist that would only be willing to protest march between their latest Family Guy episodes and T-mobile music downloads.

Nah, the 1960's this aint.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm a child of a hippie mom. My dad was 1/2 lakota sioux. I grew up in many different places, because they were always on the move. We sometimes camped in the van, sometimes stayed on the rez, or we went warm west coast beaches in the winter. I have vague memories as a child visiting friends at a few different communes. Everyone got along.... I barely remember anyone really arguing. Everyone got fed and no one went hungry. Everyone worked together. And yes, the music was a hell of alot better than the dreck we have now. I only listen mostly to music from my childhood. It has more meaning to me.

My mom is not doing so good health wise, and my dad is no longer with me. I learned so much from their traveling days. I learned that material things really don't matter and that it can be gone in a split second.
I learned that the best thing in life is having a fully belly and a warm bed at night.

My grandfather was a child of the great depression, and I carry with me all of his stories too. Despite the hardships, the horrible things of the past, we have a rich history in our family.

I don't know.... so far, seems my grandfather really lived through some rough, very rough times in comparison to how I live now. I cannot complain. Not yet anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We the People of the World,

Let us all counterfeit money to collapse the current f**king corrupt monetary system.

Demand nothing less than a fully automated resource-based economy world aka The Venus Project so we can all be free once and for all.

Everybody issue FREE money like f**king governments and cabals do!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Additonally --- my husband and I tried to live on a commune back in the 90's. It was up the mountains with a group of folks. I knew one of them for years. We thought it was going to be like the ones I experienced of my childhood, but nope. Everyone fought, everyone had issues they refused to work through, alot of the people there were lazy....and eventually everyone disbanded with the exception of a few.

I have little hope that people could live that way again. I'm sure there are some groups out there who are successful, but for us it wasn't.

Times have changed, and yes, people have changed too. And back when I was a little girl, no one had a computer, an ipod, or any other technology hooked to their heads to distract them. People are lazy now. JMHO

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

You are right. This is what will happen. The sixties are coming back. Though a lot of people are just going to stick to their jobs and middle-class lifestyles. The ones that still have jobs that is. But there are going to be a lot of revolutionaries and neo-hippies.

And about time, too, I have thought for about twenty years that this will happen sooner or later.

Please find out about the later protest movements too, like protests of Seattle, these are the biggest recent thing... In many ways these protests failed and were too violent, but still the biggest thing since the sixties I think...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread439220/pg1#pid5868462]post by Ahabstar[/ur

Wake up.

The people coming up now don't have half the guts we had. They are compliant little drones. The music is crap so are most of the movies, utter poop. There is no creativity or imagination.

So much going on, but the rabbit hole goes even deeper than you can imagine.

Within the last 30 years people appear to have become more compliant, more docile, dumber, more colder emotionally and more controlled than ever before.

I've lived over half a century and people have changed, our humanity has left us, we are becoming "them" and "they live".

Wake the muck up and open your eyes

You live on a prison planet and don't even know it.

EVERY major "event" is orchestrated to manipulate

[edit on 22-2-2009 by ofhumandescent]
EXACTLY, THIS WAS MY POINT ALL ALONG. WE WERE STRONG PEOPLE, not mindless baffoons just walking around addressing each other as "dude"...It was a different mindset, and although Byrd has a point, because it affected each life differently, Byrd is wrong and patronizing.
Get over it, Byrd. I respect you, but i didnt appreciate you making fun of what i said.
You dont have any more right than i do to make people look

You know.
Set an example and dont be sarcastic, subtle as it was.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Survivalists speak up. I´m sure scores of them are "good-to-go" and not trying to roast you over an open campfire.
[edit on 21-2-2009 by MoonMine]

I don't really know... The survivalist mind-set just seems too violent. They are preparing for some kind of a darwinist nightmare. There spirit should be one of co-operation or peace. If you meet strangers you should co-operate with them and help each other. I feel like survivalists would shoot any stranger they meet in the head. And ask questions later.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good post ofhumandescent and great thread moon. I'm not sure if exciting is the word I would use, interesting or crazy perhaps.

It is very disturbing observing the effectiveness of their matrix. By controlling all forms of media the PTB are twisting our values and perception like never before. Order out of Chaos seems to be the plan.

Yes modern movies and music are generally rubbish because profit margins have become the main focus. Major labels, studios and production companies such as Disney, Paramount, Touchstone, Buena Vistam, Miramax Films, Time Warner, Viacom and many more are controlled by Zionist Jews.
Why do you think MTV has become so mind numbing???
The media monopoly is the only reason we are not riding a revolution right now.

There is some really good hip hop out there it's just always through indy labels that don't much attention. Immortal Technique and a few others are creating awareness at a grassroots level, they are coming on strong this year.

Take a look it might restore your faith a little

Peace

[edit on 22/2/09 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

In think that every generation has it's own unique caste (section) of people who need to be outspoken and seek their own identity. The "Hippie" generation seemed to be different. They seemed to be more socially conscious and driven to make peace full changes. Not just looking for attention and a sense of identity.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The sixties generated more greedy, selfish, unethical me generation type than any other generation; the baby boom generation are the paradigm for everything is about them.

Look around they traded peace, love, protest and sold their souls for yuppie houses, SUV's, bling, more assets than they could afford, so they actually bought into being controlled more than anyone one on this planet.

It's all about to crash and the powers that be think they are in control, but not this time. Wait and see.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The sixties were not fun........or exciting.

The sixties pushed the envelope of truth upon the masses with the masses pushing back in order to hide from the truth.

The sixties generationis is a failed generation....utterly failed and we have payed for that failure with unethical policies in which those who fought the sytstem fought against.

Most of us simply faded away as everyone we knew was either killed or jailed.

I mean really......Viet Nam.......JFK killed....RFK killed....MLK....killed....Black Panthers....infiltrated......Malcom X...killed....Kent State massacre.....lots of hippies...dissappear...never seen again......lots of blacks...dissappear killed.....never seen again......bikers killed....many disappear into the new prison system along with the blacks and hispanics......Malcom x gets his education in prison.

Tell me what was so fun about that. Or exciting.

Simply terrified would be a more appropriate term.

Even Hunter S Thomson broke down in tears in 1968 as he ran for his life in Chicago.

The cities of refuge like San Francisco lasted for only a few years.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Reminds me of the chinese curse: May you live in interesting times. Personally, being an adventurist myself, I would think it a blessing rather than a curse. We all will die anyway.. why not die having witnessed such a pivital point in history, no?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Chinese consider it a curse to live in "interesting times."

Originally posted by Monkfish

Only if they keep producing music like their latest album. Their previous efforts were sub-par.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join