It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are exciting times to be alive, just like the Sixties

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Any flower power generation children listening?

I used to be envious of my parents for living as teenagers through the exciting sixties, the era of protest & revolution but really if you look at what is going on today I would say the current times trump the sixties.

* Imminent Collapse of Global Economies & Possibly Currencies
* Protests all over the world against economic situation and government
* tens of thousands of people losing their jobs daily, companies failing
* Israel threatening to attack Iran just to be sure they will not use a nuke against them (The elections are over)
* People rallying, grassroot organizations springing up all over the place (e.g. Restore The Republic)
* Even the media seems to be starting to crack at the seams (Rick Santini rant)
* Codex Alimentarius implementation end of this year (thanks)
* This is not just an American problem, it is global now.
* What´s with all the UFO sightings for the last couple of months?

And whatever else I forgot.

Make no mistake: I want the current financial system and the governments enforcing it to fail because I now see it´s very existence is based on corruption and lies. The child in me wants chaos because the adult in me says it is the only way to a new form of government, which is far from the centralised new world order envisioned by the global puppeteers...

What scares me the most is the right to use deadly force the governments have if any form of organized resistance materialises in the near future. They will set an example and it will not be by shooting rubber bullits. They will kill you without hesitation to set an example... And if people start doubting the use of big government they will invent something to correct your doubt to have you embrace that same government which is killing your chances of a decent future for your family.

I am not 100% ready for complete chaos but I am now seriously preparing for what in my mind is inevitable... I keep telling myself not to be scared but instead to be prepared. Not easy...

Exciting times... The only thing missing is the great music like The Doors, Hendrikx, Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, CSNY, etc etc

"Speak up... You´ve got to speak up against the madness... Don´t no don´t try to get yourself elected"

[edit on 21-2-2009 by MoonMine]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, but the music today is just utter crap. But I guess we will be living in communes soon enough, just hope it is not one of the government sponsored ones.

But if you think about it, all the institutions that they flower children wanted to go are the ones that falling hard now. Why are they not out cheering about it now? heh-heh

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Yeah, but the music today is just utter crap.

Isn´t it just?

I am listening to "Carry On" by Cosby, Stills, Nash & Young right now. Aaaah those harmonies...

One morning I woke up and I knew
You were really gone
A new day, a new way, and new eyes
To see the dawn.
Go your way, I'll go mine and
Carry on

The sky is clearing and the night
Has cried enough
The sun, he come, the world
to soften up
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but
To carry on

The fortunes of fables are able
To sing the song
Now witness the quickness with which
We get along
To sing the blues you've got to live the dues and
Carry on

Carry on
Love is coming
Love is coming to us all

Where are you going now my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?
Oh, the questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover can you talk to me?

Girl when I was on my own
Chasing you down
What was it made you run?
Trying your best just to get around.
The questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover can you talk to me?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
1969 - summer of love

1989 - summer of love II

2009 - summer of love III ?

c'mon the time is right now!

groovy

wZn

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'd prefer less "excitement." Are you actually serious? The onset of a Depression far worse and virulent than that of 1929, wrapped up with the possibility of civil strife, gov't control, and general misery of heretofore unimaginable scale and intensity--you find invigorating?

Oh boy, are you naive. I assume you are so young that you have no relatives who lived through the last depression to give you a clue as to what to expect. If you did, you'd probably brush them off as "old windbags." And even '29 could very well pale in comparison to what is to come. We are on the precipice of a worldwide financial collapse of unprecedented breadth and depth. Wake up, don't be so childish.

Edit to add: I was a kid in the sixties, a hell of a lot of it was pathetic and lame, even to a kid. Embarrassingly naive. I don't think that that sort of youth-centric hedonism, born of unprecedented post-WWII prosperity, when mom and dad were comfy, gas was 15 cents a gallon, and life in the burbs was still good, has a snowball's chance in hell of springing up in the next 3-4 years. Get a reality check.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This just might be the first of several replies

in the late '60s... we were trying to get rid of Johnson...& to defuse the anticipated politick of a Nixxon regime (the proto-neocons which led to the Bush 2000 administration neocons)

So if that was any kind of future 'echo window' of this time line
we are heading for 6 more years of utter crap--even with Obama....

GW being the antithesis of the Kennedy-Johnson era ('60-'68)
Obama being the counterpart of the Nixxon era ('68-'75)

[edit on 21-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
I'd prefer less "excitement." Are you actually serious? The onset of a Depression far worse and virulent than that of 1929, wrapped up with the possibility of civil strife, gov't control, and general misery of heretofore unimaginable scale and intensity--you find invigorating?

Oh boy, are you naive. I assume you are so young that you have no relatives who lived through the last depression to give you a clue as to what to expect. If you did, you'd probably brush them off as "old windbags." And even '29 could very well pale in comparison to what is to come. We are on the precipice of a worldwide financial collapse of unprecedented breadth and depth. Wake up, don't be so childish.

Not sure who this is directed at, but I will giveitago, gottago.

Noone is arguing a storm is coming, least of all myself, please re-read.

Times are exciting because change is inevitable. Change is what made the Sixties exciting, but nothing compared to the change that is coming.

And no, I would not worry about people starving in the street just yet, although that may happen. It will not last because we are smarter than that.

The quicker we get this over with the quicker we can build a true society with true government. If a leg is festering would you prefer a slow sawing of the leg or a quick chop with an axe? Hopefully you see my point.

There will be suffering, but it should not last once everyone is on board.

Remember, in principle mankind is not evil and prepared to build self-supporting communities where everyone helps another faster than you can grow a tomato plant.

Long term, the future looks very bright. Short term.... Not so bright.

If you want you can speculate what would happen if all major banks were to fail within the next 12 months and the dollar would be worth 0,001 Eurocent.

Think communities.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
I don't think that that sort of youth-centric hedonism, born of unprecedented post-WWII prosperity, when mom and dad were comfy, gas was 15 cents a gallon, and life in the burbs was still good, has a snowball's chance in hell of springing up in the next 3-4 years. Get a reality check.

I think we are about the same age. Too young to attend Woodstock and too old to understand hip-hop. Between the lines I read a sarcastic and depressed view on current events and it speaks volumes, I feel it too.

But it can all change, you just need to want it badly enough. If you are afraid to let go of a little luxury & comfort in exchange for reality think about this:

What makes you think you will not lose that comfort and luxury anyway?

Breathe... 3 seconds in trrough the nose 7 secoonds out through the chest...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

See my added last paragraph that I just edited in. The sixties occurred in an unprecedented period of worldwide prosperity; they couldn't have occurred otherwise.

Yes, I think the idea is naive. This utopia is not going to take root as fast as a tomato plant, disabuse yourself of such nonsense. The coming depression will be long and hard. The meltdown has just barely started. And yet Japan is already in an officially declared depression, having lost over 12 % of its economic output in a year. Think about that--one year. They are the canary in the coal mine, as their economy is driven by exports and thus can be used as a bell-weather for what is to come.

That sharp and deep economic retraction is occurring right now in the US as we speak. The auto industry is about to collapse, taking with it 100s of thousands of jobs. BoA and Citibank are dead men walking. Wall street has yet to tell us about the $40 Trillion derivative bubble hiding in the closet, and yet we've already thrown $3 trillion of non-existent money to Wall Street for a bailout.

Look at reality, not tomato plants. This is a disaster in the making that you apparently can't fathom--neither its scale, nor its extent, nor its duration. It will take t least a decade to begin to recover from this.

Don't expect Haight-Ashbury II to rise from thiis coming misery.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Haha, exciting? Yes.

Can I afford the education that I'm getting? Nope.

Good times to be arguing with the government for financial aid.
Good times to be unemployed.

So for my generation, we're scared and totally can't imagine our futures 4 years from now. But it's fun, indeed. Lots of controversial Facebook status statements among my friends.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey what good is being in fear and hating ?

IT ACHIEVES NOTHING (CAPITAL LETTERS)

If the world is going down - or everything crumbles - why not go out in a beautiful expression of love and let it flow outward brother.

I'm with the OP - screw the kill joys - we ain't about them - it's time for A world wide spurt of total love. Love it all - the bad - the good, and everything in between.

Definitely a GREAT TIME to be alive - celebrate it guy!

hippy hippy shake!

wZn

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Also when all is lost and you have nothing -

the ONLY thing that can be true and free is love.

So what you loose your possessions EVERYTHING, so what?

Humanity will reconnect to nature and each other.

If anything this will bring people out of their robotic states of existence- and it will be hard work, but what are you going to do?

Just sit there and whine about it? Nah, I say it's time to reconnect with the earth and all her love she pertains. It ain't about living in that mindset of fear.

wZn

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Ok, if you want to talk in muzic-speak, get ready to start working for the clampdown.

Peace and love, see ya on the breadlines.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OK, then let´s talk seriously for a moment.

You are basically saying that we will all go down in flames and everyone is going to run for the hills.

I am saying that in the worst of times the best will come out of people in the sense of community & support.

For argument´s sake let´s say tomorrow all your credit cards are no longer valid, you have no longer access to your bankaccount and you are out of a job.

Now, if it were just you...Bad. But imagine it is just the sam for everyone around you? The initial reaction would be to panic, riots, every man for himself, food looting and general lawnessless. But I guarantee you that within days communities will form (I will start my own) that will plant vegetables, build waterfilters from tubes filled with sand, etc. etc.

Small communities that will survive by helping its members to survive.

Thats not naive, that just practical thinking given the alternative is to starve and die in the road like a stray dog...

If you see someone less off will you help? Strength in numbers...

Let´s not forget there are a lot of communities already, a glimpse of who will do quite well in hard times you can catch over on the Survivalist forum right here on ATS. Hunting, farming, building. It is not hard if you are forced to & hunger is a very good advisor which will make you learn and build rather quickly, especially if your children start dying of malnutrition...

The looting and survival of the fittest will pass quickly and will be replaced by a community spirit. Really. So do not worry and try to remain positive.

Politics and big government should and probably will go, they don´t work anyway.

Nothing wrong with going back to nature and some honest work. It will do a lot of us a wholelotta good.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Pessimists will have a hard time agreed.

But you can always rely on the optimist to pep you up (and you know it).

wZn

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Humanity will reconnect to nature and each other.

You took the words right out of my mouth...

*HUG*

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Noone wants the choke-hold which has been gradually tightened around our necks and which we have been warned about time and time again. But life was good, we were making money and driving around in Porches, what were those left wing liberalists talking about anyway...?

Times have sure changed. (I have sold my Porsche
)

Seriously, it is no longer a question of left versus right, dems versus reps, black versus white or christians versus muslims.

All that remains is right versus wrong, and every soul knows deep down what is right and what is wrong, no matter what their background is.

This is what the proposed NWO is most afraid of: the awakening and looking beyond petty differences. (The eye opening in Zeitgeist if you will)

Good to see you again St Udio, I thought I was on your ignore list.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

I read those survivalist threads too; the last one I saw was--seriously--about what was the best kind of wax to use on your crossbow string. Seriously. They don't sound like the sort of folks who are going to be building hippie communes with the neo tie-dye and birkenstock crowd. In their fantasies, they'd rather flay you alive and make jerky of you than sit around the campfire and sing insert-your-favorite-alternative-band's-love-and-light-anthem-here.

It's a nice fantasy; hey, if that's what gets you through this part of it, who am I to complain, in the end?

But fact is, facts are facts. This ain't the sixties. We are so indebted as a nation and individually that we are an open target for any sort of gov't manipulation they want to implement. And they will, you can be sure of that. It ain't gonna get better in the global meltdown, only worse.

If you sincerely think this climate is the time to dream of utopia, rather than that your dreams of utopia are an escape from these realities, then I can't change your mind. But facts are on my side.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
So for my generation, we're scared and totally can't imagine our futures 4 years from now. But it's fun, indeed. Lots of controversial Facebook status statements among my friends.

I am scared too, and I presume I am about 20 years older than you are, but... You have the age advantage and I have the life experience advantage. Together we have nothing to worry about if push comes to shove.

Forget about college-career-2.5 kids-condominium-4x4-pension start thinking new world. Again, the future looks bright... Brighter than it ever has been...

I feel better already...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join