It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner of Muslim Relations TV Network Beheads Wife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Owner of Muslim Relations TV Network Beheads Wife

newsbusters.org

The owner of a cable TV network created to promote better understanding of Muslims in America was arrested in Orchard Park, New York, Thursday for beheading his wife.

If you hadn't heard about this that wouldn't be a surprise for the story has been almost completely boycotted here in the states.

As WIVB-TV reported Friday (video embedded below the fold, h/t Marc Sheppard, photo courtesy WIVB):

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

A shocking and gruesome story of a T.V. station owner's wife, found decapitated at the Bridge's Muslim T.V. network in Orchard Park.
In pictures of happier times, 37-year-old Aasiya Zubair and her 44-year-old husband Mo Hassan, who founded Bridges T.V.

Thursday evening, police converge on the station's Orchard Park studio and office.

"The worst that I've seen, yeah," said Andrew Benz, Orchard Park Police Chief.

Orchard Park Police chief Andrew Benz is talking about the crime scene where Assiya Zubair's body was found.

Police tell News 4 the only suspect in this case is the victim's husband, who walked into police headquarters in Orchard Park Thursday evening to report his wife was dead.

It's being called a brutal murder.

"She was decapitated, yes," said Benz.

Zubair was found in the hallway. The mission of Bridges TV is to foster understanding between cultures and diverse populations. According to police, the couple had trouble getting along.

Ironically, the network's motto was "Connecting People Through Understanding," and its mission statement:

Bridges TV aims to foster a greater understanding among many cultures and diverse populations.Through our high-quality, informative, 24x7 programming in English; we seek to become a unifying force that can help people understand our diverse world through education and entertainment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You will have trouble finding any other links for this news story as it has been effectively quashed here in the US. This guy's job was to present the positive face of Islam here in America following the 9/11 attacks because of fears about reprisals, which of course never happened.

Once again, this is one of the few genuine, bona-fide, real life conspiracies in the world today - namely agenda setting by the news media.

You are only told about the stories that "they" want you to hear, and a Muslim behaving like a savage animal just doesn't fit their agenda.

We can keep on warbling about hidden bases, 9/11 truth, and chemtrails, but here folks is a real conspiracy, it may not be fantastic enough to gain much interest, but it is more dangerous than any chemtrail ever could be.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
this was done to keep the women of the muslim population in it's place. gotta keep the brutality covered up, but from time to time, be able to send a message to the rest of the women.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I bet if a Christian man decided to chop up his wife it'd be all over the news and people would be "up in arms" (as is the popular phrase) to ban the "cult".

When a Muslim does it we're supposed to keep it quiet?

This story infuriates me.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What a tragedy. And I agree - not a glamorous conspiracy but one none-the-less. I will try to find some MSM coverage myself.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If this had happened in Saudi Arabia there would have been NO news of it at all.

Remember, women in most Islamic nations are thought of primarily as nothing more than a vessel for carrying the children of Allah, A servant, less than human.

A husband can beat and even kill one of his wives in Saudi Arabia any time he wishes without fear of prosecution. If she is suspected of adultery she can be stoned to death in public... and there are worse things.

Muslims relations television?

People need to educate themselves about Islam.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
CAIR has a lot to do with covering up this kind of nonsense, they are a very powerful bullying agency much in the vein of the NAACP and especially enjoy targeting media employees.

Thanks for the find, nothing was reported on this here. Someone who beheads his wife obviously is disturbed but I'm finding it harder by the day to find anything tolerable about Islam and its cultural spectre. We are seeing too much of this nonsense in the US and the UK, I no longer sympathize with "discrimination" claims and god knows I live in an area where that goes on all the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For those looking for other sources..

Here is the story from the area's local news.

WIVB - Man Charged in Wife's Death

As far as MSM - thus far Fox is the only one that I've seen that has picked it up..

Fox News - Channel Founder Charged in Beheading

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Funny thing is that this didn't happen in Saudi Arabia, it happened in New York. Anyways, why does it matter what would happen if it did happen in Saudi Arabia? They are a totally separate country with their own laws totally separate from the United State. I would like to know though what if this happened on Alpha Centauri.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty
I bet if a Christian man decided to chop up his wife it'd be all over the news and people would be "up in arms" (as is the popular phrase) to ban the "cult".

Star for you - excellent point.

Part of the agenda setting is to vilify Christianity at the expense of promoting other non-western faiths.

If media organizations dislike religion, they should at least be consistent in that stance.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

You are only told about the stories that "they" want you to hear, and a Muslim behaving like a savage animal just doesn't fit their agenda.

Are you serious!? All we ever hear about is muslim this, muslim that every single day. Where have you been? There is constant propaganda all the time.

I'm actually in shock that some of you act like muslims don't make the news.

If ONE muslim complains about anything, it makes the news lol.

America has one of the highest murder rates in the world, where are all the news about all those other murders?

And to those of you who say this is normal behaviour in muslim countries, then your are truly ignorant.

Peace.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thanks for showing that it was covered in the MSM.

This is a horrible story.

I feel sorry for the wife can you imagine how the kids will feel when they get mature enough to realize what dad did to mom. How will they live with that?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty

When a Muslim does it we're supposed to keep it quiet?

This story infuriates me.

Actually if a Christian did it, it might not make the news either. I can guarantee though if the person is not American and this happen it would be all over the news local and national for days.

Can we just get rid of the Religious element of this as just say the guy is crazy. There have been Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, Atheist, Baha'i , that have all done this it has nothing to do with religion but with the mind state of the person.

Lets stop bashing religions because I could pull something up on every last major religion on Earth. There have been people of all faiths that have done some evil crap of the centuries so this is not just a this religion is bad and stuff.

Also the view of woman in Islam was the exact same view Christianity had at one time which really didn't change until about the 1400's give or take.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Your words are so true, except the whole view western people have on muslim women is over exaggerated, while there are some bad things that happen in some rare places, depending on the country, most muslim women have control of their lives, and can do whatever they want. A lot of arab/muslim women are very strong women, who control the family haha.

People who would watch arabic tv etc or travel a lot, would know this for a fact.

It seems some people like to pick on the women subject, not because they truly feel sorry for them, but it's just something they use to help further their agenda.

If this guy did kill his wife, he did it because he was crazy, and a CONTROL FREAK, he did not want her to divorce him, so the evil b*stard killed her.

Sad story....

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

what did you expect from most posters here that have an agenda against Muslims?

an example of a None Muslim Murder (no faith mentioned)

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lithuanian Vitas Plytnykas, 41, denies torturing and murdering Jolanta Bledaite, 35, and has lodged a special defence of alibi and incrimination.

The head of Ms Bledaite was found by two young sisters on 1 April last year.

At an earlier court appearance, Aleksandras Skirda, who is also from Lithuania, pleaded guilty to murdering farm worker Ms Bledaite in Angus.

when a None Muslim Murders and Kills someone you dont see the media scream out Christian man murders his wife and kids.
make it a nutter that is of the Muslim faith and thats a story to lapped up

these topics just show how far some will go with their agenda.
if we labeled everyone by faith when they kill someone, anyone want to bet Christians will have killed more (just making a point here)
GUN crime, Rape, GBH, HIT and Run and so on.

also this has been posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

We can keep on warbling about hidden bases, 9/11 truth, and chemtrails, but here folks is a real conspiracy, it may not be fantastic enough to gain much interest, but it is more dangerous than any chemtrail ever could be.

lol, I strongly dissagree with your analysis of the situation

so we shouldn't talk about secret prisons, over 800military bases in over 140 countries, or 9/11 but we should talk about things this in this news event because it involves someone who shares the same backround as the victims of what you mentioned we shouldn't talk about?

ya AMERICA #1.....

what kind of logic is that?

explain yourself please!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Well said.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm starting to get tired...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

America has one of the highest murder rates in the world, where are all the news about all those other murders?

Actually, the US is 24th in the list for murder rates.

#1 Colombia: 0.617847 per 1,000 people
#2 South Africa: 0.496008 per 1,000 people
#3 Jamaica: 0.324196 per 1,000 people
#4 Venezuela: 0.316138 per 1,000 people
#5 Russia: 0.201534 per 1,000 people
#6 Mexico: 0.130213 per 1,000 people
#7 Estonia: 0.107277 per 1,000 people
#8 Latvia: 0.10393 per 1,000 people
#9 Lithuania: 0.102863 per 1,000 people
#10 Belarus: 0.0983495 per 1,000 people
#11 Ukraine: 0.094006 per 1,000 people
#12 Papua New Guinea: 0.0838593 per 1,000 people
#13 Kyrgyzstan: 0.0802565 per 1,000 people
#14 Thailand: 0.0800798 per 1,000 people
#15 Moldova: 0.0781145 per 1,000 people
#16 Zimbabwe: 0.0749938 per 1,000 people
#17 Seychelles: 0.0739025 per 1,000 people
#18 Zambia: 0.070769 per 1,000 people
#19 Costa Rica: 0.061006 per 1,000 people
#20 Poland: 0.0562789 per 1,000 people
#21 Georgia: 0.0511011 per 1,000 people
#22 Uruguay: 0.045082 per 1,000 people
#23 Bulgaria: 0.0445638 per 1,000 people

#24 United States: 0.042802 per 1,000 people

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Man the US really is loosing it's status as a global leader.

Ranked 24th

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Good thing they aren't counting murders done by american troops and blackwater in foreign nations.

If they did... then.....
Dear God!!!!!!
those would be some crazy numbers, and scary too

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join