It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner of Muslim Relations TV Network Beheads Wife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

What is so hard for you to understand?

If it was her idea like you suggest, why wouldn't the husband take her to get her mental health evaluated? Why would he jump the gun and decapitate her? Obviously, any person in their right mind wouldn't ask their significant other to decapitate them, religously inspired or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

you can ask that same question about almost all Murderers of all FAITHS
why they would do such a thing. but i guess for some its to hard to see that

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Not sure about the 2nd degree, doesn't make sense. I think 2nd degree murder means in the spur of the moment, 1st degree means he planned it out etc. So they must be saying he did it without any ultimate plan in his head.

We need more details to be sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The guy who killed his two daughters because they would not follow his orders got some air play, but nowhere near what other news stories get that are a lot less news worthy.

Hell, Fox is doing a lot of coverage of a small plane that got hit in the windshield by a bird. The windshield broke and the pilot landed safely...end of story..

The one thing we Americans fail to think about is the level that Muslins are willing to go against each other including their families to support their beliefs. Now apply that extremism to what level they are willing to go against the infidels, and it is a very scary situation, but then we cannot think about that otherwise we are profiling….

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

What is so hard for you to understand?

If it was her idea like you suggest, why wouldn't the husband take her to get her mental health evaluated? Why would he jump the gun and decapitate her? Obviously, any person in their right mind wouldn't ask their significant other to decapitate them, religously inspired or not.

Oh now I understand. You made a mistake. Your misunderstanding me.

I meant the whole idea of muslim relation tv newtork was her idea, so it was sad that her death is causing hatred, which is exactly what she didn't want, she lived for creating understanding and peace.

According to the station's Web site, Aasiya Hassan "came up with the idea" for the network. The Web site, which shows an undated photo of the couple in happier times, identifies her maiden name as Aasiya Zubair.

I did not mean she wanted to die lol.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

The one thing we Americans fail to think about is the level that Muslins are willing to go against each other including their families to support their beliefs. Now apply that extremism to what level they are willing to go against the infidels, and it is a very scary situation, but then we cannot think about that otherwise we are profiling….

There is no religious law about killing your wife in the quran. So your not making sense.

Stop putting muslims in a group, because you are profiling lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow... way to not live up to the stereotype and break the molded opinion we have.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by Jadette

Good thing they aren't counting murders done by american troops and blackwater in foreign nations.

If they did... then.....
Dear God!!!!!!
those would be some crazy numbers, and scary too

Well it is obvious you have no clue to what that body count is. It is also obvious that you do not understand that the vast majority of deaths over there were muslin on muslin these last eight years.

I spent over two years of my life over there and what I guess is obvious to me is not to those who get all their information from bias sources.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

what did you expect from most posters here that have an agenda against Muslims?

Bodrul, you're suggesting that the reason this is even news, is because somehow the MAN has the muslim people under his thumb. You're victims of your own religious circumstances and blah blah blah. You know, from our previous run in's that I'd have to partially agree with that. There's an incredible amount of uneducated people drooling at the mouth for news like this to come out so they can say "See them there is savages!"

Though, this is different. This is not victimization. This makes all the sense in the world to me why his religious beliefs would be in the spotlight. Before this beheading, he STARTED a TELEVISION NETWORK promoting UNDERSTANDING OF ISLAMIC PRACTICES. Then he cuts his wife's head off. Can you see how and why this is ironic? You can't cry bully this time.

an example of a None Muslim Murder (no faith mentioned)

news.bbc.co.uk...

Lithuanian Vitas Plytnykas, 41, denies torturing and murdering Jolanta Bledaite, 35, and has lodged a special defence of alibi and incrimination.

The head of Ms Bledaite was found by two young sisters on 1 April last year.

At an earlier court appearance, Aleksandras Skirda, who is also from Lithuania, pleaded guilty to murdering farm worker Ms Bledaite in Angus.

when a None Muslim Murders and Kills someone you dont see the media scream out Christian man murders his wife and kids.
make it a nutter that is of the Muslim faith and thats a story to lapped up

Again. Your eye rolling emoticon doesn't make you seem any less foolish. Because that person did not own a television network promoting true religious values and belief structures of Islam, Christianity, or Judaism. The only thing that these two stories have in common is that the head was taken off, but the circumstances couldn't be more different.

these topics just show how far some will go with their agenda.
if we labeled everyone by faith when they kill someone, anyone want to bet Christians will have killed more (just making a point here)
GUN crime, Rape, GBH, HIT and Run and so on.
[edit on 16-2-2009 by bodrul]

Ted Haggard was one of the most popular Evangelical preachers in the United States of America. What happened when a prostitue leaked his sexual affairs with him?Evangelical Paster Ted Haggard.. Do they say "Ted Haggard involved.. No, they don't. His religious title is in the limelight, because it is ironic. It is completely contradictory to what his intent is professionally. Same goes for the ISLAMIC NETWORK OWNER who's INTENT was to CREATE A GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE PEACEFUL MEANS OF ISLAM TO AMERICANS AFTER 9/11.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Fox news isn't mainstream?

Fact? The real facts are there is always something about muslims in the news. I do not know what alternate dimension you live in? lol

No MSNBC, no ABC, no CNN, no Washington Post etc etc - Fox will pick it up because their agenda is not pro-Muslim, but they still represent the minority.

Let's keep this real simple so even you can understand - the question is:

"Do you think there is any merit to a conclusion that some or all of the major news netwroks are deliberately suppressing certain news items that do not fit with their social agenda."

Stop trying the usual lib tactic of making this about an "ism".

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Clarity is nice.

I understand where you're coming from now.

And if so, that makes this even worse. I believe the majority of relgious peoples, creed aside want just that. Peace, understanding, love, knowledge. But, man's inherent emotions are even in most cases, too strong to overcome that. Just by the sounds of it, it sounds like some domineering man, jealous of his wife's ambitions, was probably insecure to the hilt, or something else was going on, and instead of dealing with it like a man, and a RELIGIOUS one at that, he decides to take her life.

He's scum. Let him follow the same fate.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Let's keep this real simple so even you can understand - the question is:

Stop trying the usual lib tactic of making this about an "ism".

You do not have to make it real simple, you obviously think I'm dumb. No need to lower yourself like that....

Also I hate it when people call me liberal etc. Which happens a lot. I do not follow any political philosophies, I follow my OWN opinions, my own ideas, I am a individual not a liberal. I do not follow any political agendas. I follow my own way of life.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Clarity is nice.

I understand where you're coming from now.

And if so, that makes this even worse. I believe the majority of relgious peoples, creed aside want just that. Peace, understanding, love, knowledge. But, man's inherent emotions are even in most cases, too strong to overcome that. Just by the sounds of it, it sounds like some domineering man, jealous of his wife's ambitions, was probably insecure to the hilt, or something else was going on, and instead of dealing with it like a man, and a RELIGIOUS one at that, he decides to take her life.

He's scum. Let him follow the same fate.

Yes out of all the things possible, he does the worst thing possible to her. Scum for sure. Who knows maybe he killed her like that for a reason, the ultimate revenge.....

And yes clarity is nice, I was seriously confused for a moment there haha.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My suggestion isnt on that it is news and only beacuse the man was a Muslim
but the way it is portrayed that is what i am pointing out

Its one thing if a Muslim Murders someone and another for a none muslim

My example is perfect, it doesnt matter how high profile one person is and how low profile another is. both are murderers. i dont care about circumstances. nor do i care what faith both of them are like most people do.

there are more examples of Celbrities who have killed their wifes and people of Higher position then this man,
but their Faith has never been bought into question.

Re-read my post.
and i still think most this topic is full of BS as Murder is murder doesnt matter what faith you are.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I read it. It has a religious slant. As in somehow this is only news because it's a Muslim man who committed the crime. Well, Bodrul... That's not why it's news.

Preacher kills wife, stuffs body in freezer.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

i give up, i didnt say its News because of faith, or you blind to that?
or did i just say people are looking more into the mans faith then crime?

also what does your preacher link have to do with things?

also you didnt answer my question from the previous page
so whats the answer?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Now, if you're going to say that you weren't suggesting this is only news because of his religion. Why do you go on babbling about someone's "agenda?"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Does it say "Man, kills wife, stuffs her in freezer."

No, he is a Christian Preacher and that is why his religion is brought into it. He committed a crime completely contrary to who he was as a man. As this man owned a network with the intent to inform people about the peaceful intentions of Islam, it's not going to go unscrutinized or noted.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The connection is that beheading or decapitating is a common in Muslim countries and extreamists use it because somewhere in Koran it is used as a militant cause of action. So people are really asking why behead someone when people in America rather shoot someone if they were crazy at someone? We are still not sure if her head was cut off but it sounds like it, shame they won't say that was the case or not.
The connection is there and so is the large sword that many Muslim countries have in their flags.

The UK and Europe it happens, once two different faiths cross link in a relationship with Muslim families and it dishoners them then expect it to be an issue once they killed their daughter.
Does the West need to know of the consequences, I think so even though its not a warning but people can learn from it.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

so now its babling
oh well see it as you wish and if thats how you see it is there any reason for me to give a actual response to you?

chow

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join