It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chip implanted in cop's hand would allow only officer to fire the gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
infowars.com...

April 13, 2004, 4:54 PM EDT

PALM BEACH -- A new computer chip promises to keep police guns from firing if they fall into the wrong hands.

The tiny chip would be implanted in a police officer's hand and would match up with a scanning device inside a handgun. If the officer and gun match, a digital signal unlocks the trigger so it can be fired. But if a child or criminal would get hold of the gun, it would be useless.

this is great! now they might not be any more school shootings or kids killing themselves. this is truely a great idea and this is the ONLY "chip being implanted into human" idea i agree with.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
this is cool and all but how many ppl are willing to have computer chips shoved into their skin? wouldn't fingerprints be more practical? this implant probably involved surgery and personally, i dont wanna have to cut myself open unless something is wrong with me.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sounds like they got the idea from the 'Judge Dredd' comic. In those, the judges have smart guns that can only be fired by their 'owner'. The chip in those are in the gun though, rather than the person using it.

Of course, being the JD comic, the gun doesnt just fail to fire when used by an unauthorised user, it explodes too

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
this is cool and all but how many ppl are willing to have computer chips shoved into their skin? wouldn't fingerprints be more practical? this implant probably involved surgery and personally, i dont wanna have to cut myself open unless something is wrong with me.

that is also a great idea but there is way more than one way to hold a gun. the scanner would have to be the entire gun and well that seems a little to expensive for the american government

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The guns belonging to the Sandmen in Logan's Run had this feature. This isn't a new idea, technology is only now catching up with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
theres this idea the uk army is working on iv only heard of plans not designs or anything
its each soldier gets a card and the gun only works for 1 specific card

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The verification chip could also have other uses. The police could use the same chip to access and start their car, to gain entry into secured areas. Putting a reader in a door handle would make it so you wouldn't have to enter a code. Just grab the door, or ignition on your car, or whatever, and if you are authorized, then it will work/open for you.

You could also set it up so muliple officers could use a weapon. That way you our your partner could grab the shotgun and go.

new topics

top topics

join