It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I been redirected from ATS constantly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Since two days ago I noticed that I was been redirected occasionally while on ATS, I mean my ATS page would be gone.

Now Is happening constantly even while reading or writing posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and is only happening while on ATS not when I am on any other pages reading or searching.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm on ATS constantly, as well as many of our other staffers, and we're not seeing something like this.

Have you noticed anything consistent about the redirects?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What are you being redirected to? You may have a virus. Run a virus scan and see if it picks something up.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This has happened a couple of times to me as well. I chalked it up to an erroneous click on this stupid laptop... but I was always kinda doubtful that I'd clicked anything.

link   
I'm also being redirected when on recent posts or in a thread , its mostly redirecting to SUPER YELLOW PAGES.
edit: it's actually AREA CONNECT .. yellow pages guide . It only happens when I'm on ATS and every few minutes whether in list of threads under Recent Posts.. or in a thread. HTH !

[edit on 15-1-2009 by awake1]

link   
Is mostly to other search engines, advertisement site and yellow pages sites the later one is the one now hitting me.

Even when I get a warning about to be redirected and I click no, still does it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hey, Marge!

I have had the same thing happen and started a thread 2 days ago;
www.belowtopsecret.com...'
Shroedingersdog had some good info.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You have spyware on your computer. It would be very beneficial for you to run one (or multiple if you have them) spyware removal programs. There are very good ones out there for free if you don't have one. I would recommend Adaware coupled with Spybot Search & Destroy (both free).

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Never happened to me untill I clicked on this thread. Then while reading the posts I got redirected to a phone book site.

I know for a fact that I Don't have any viruses or spyware on my computer.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I have live one care virus scan it doesn't show anything wrong. I can not find any additional active x been installed recently and the redirection since I log in into ATS is hitting me about every 3 to four minutes apart and I am not making this up.

This the first time is been so constantly.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Yes!!! is started about two days ago, I read some of he post on your thread thanks for the link.

I am having the same problems that you describe in your thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is mostly to other search engines, advertisement site and yellow pages sites the later one is the one now hitting me.

Even when I get a warning about to be redirected and I click no, still does it.

yup this has happened to me too...blank page or to yellow pages site, i have to x out of the page and reclick back on to the ATS page from my favorites.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Being redirected to other search sites is almost always the result of malware... and not all antivirus packages are able to spot some types of malware.

Also, the ad/malware that initiates redirects usually use some type of trigger to cause the redirect, and it may be that ATS simply has one of the targeted "triggers" and the other sites you visit don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am running an ad aware from lavasoft to see what it comes out with.

I downloaded a few minutes ago let see what it comes out with.

Thanks for all your help and input.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am one of the main IT "dudes" for the county.

It is my job to know this stuff, and I know that my pc is clean.

For you to not even entertain the possibility that one of your ads has some suspicious code sends up alarm bells in my head.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I also used Ccleaner
and Hijackthis.
You do a scan with hijack and copy the scan, then paste it Here.
It gives you results based on their info.
It worked really well for me, especially Ccleaner.

Thanks to Chissler for the Hijackthis!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've been hitting lots of pages on an unprotected (and compartmentalized) version of IE on WinXP for the past 20 minutes, and haven't been getting any redirects.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks!! definitely will be checking and running scans until I get this pesky thing off my computer, I hate this type of things taking over computer.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
For you to not even entertain the possibility that one of your ads has some suspicious code sends up alarm bells in my head.

I would certainly consider that (and we have in the past) if I and other high-frequency staff were getting the redirects. See my post above... I've been "naked" on ATS for about 100 page loads, and am not seeing any problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The only thing that I did in the last two days was to get an update from Java but I don't think this have to do with it, right?

Before two days ago I had not problems at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join