It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I been redirected from ATS constantly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Before two days ago I had not problems at all.

Something may have piggybacked on that update, it can happen.

Normally, when we do have an errant advertisers or other similar problem, we also tend to get complaints via our contact form. In this case, in the dozens of emails we get every day, there's no complaints like this.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Is mostly to other search engines, advertisement site and yellow pages sites the later one is the one now hitting me.

Even when I get a warning about to be redirected and I click no, still does it.

Same thing happened to me with the yellow page site 2 days ago then stopped.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well I did lowered my security settings on the browser a few weeks ago, I guess I will have to go back to default again and see.

Well right now the redirecting has stopped this is the longest since I log in into ATS this morning.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey Bill, nice to see you back.

Yes I too was being redirected from ATS. I think mine started on the 13th. I had to run my anti-virus and malicious software removal tool which seemed to clear it up even though the AV didn't find anything.

Not sure if it was an ad or not, but it did start while browsing ATS. Seems fine today.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I take it you are running Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer? Your browser has been hijacked. Download and run SpyBot Search and Destroy, free download, and run it. It has a tool that will prevent this from happening again. Want a tip? Run Linux, faster, more stable, and safe.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks!! I am running ad aware from lavasoft right now, I am waiting to see what is going to come out with, then I will do other scans, I forgot about spybot I used to have it in my old xp but since I got vista computer I stop using all those programs.

I am thinking into getting another lap top with Linux as I been learning that is a better program, my present lap top is only one year old, but I can not get use to vista I hate it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It has been happening ot me too. I was just reading a post, and the website that I was redirected to was the local grocery stores addresses and phone numbers through the "Dex" phone pages, "Very strange!!"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This morning as soon as ATS loaded I would be tossed over to a Yellow Pages type site. Happened a few times. It seems to have stopped now. Just an FYI.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Yes that is one of the sites that my browser is redirected too I used the block site on IE security settings but then It must be a lot of different sites that you can be redirected too because it just kept giving me a new site.

But is has stopped for now so I am happy.

I also noticed that it hits the most as soon as you log in into ATS so its probably targetin ATS I guess.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Maybe the MIB's think we are geting to close to the "Answers" here at the ATS forums??!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I found it,

The IP Address is 127.0.0.1 Host name:THEREALSARCH.COM,GREG-SEARCH.COM,APPROVEDLINKS.COM,VSE-MOEBIZ,AIFIND.INFO,FINDA4U.NET,ILOOKUP.COM,IE-SEARCH.COM,ITSEASY.US

is a Redirected hostfile entry.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The IP Address is 127.0.0.1

That IP corresponds to your computer. Every computer uses that IP address as the IP of itself for networking and internal routing purposes... so this clearly indicates your computer is infected with *something* that is initiating the redirects.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yay!
How did you find it?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks I figure that the IP was mine, I will be removing the entries and hope it doesn't happen again, I guess lowering the security on my browser was not a good idea.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was idle on MyATS page and was redirected to the yellow page. I have had no updates.
And regularly run ad/mal/spyware cleanups etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1

I got this same one this morning as I was scrolling down the recent topics page.

Just wanted to add that it's happened to me today with the Yellowpages thing also. I have no viruses on my computer.

A_L

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

With ad adware from lavasoft, I erased the entries, also I found something very funny, I have been targeted with something call MRU object detect, and it has to do with somebody looking into my computer but some people seems not to worry about that, I do.

It doesn't say who may be looking just that I have a registry entry that has been hit 80 times and 25 times on something else all linked to Microsoft, I wonder what is all about it.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Looks like it could be Cool Websearch, you cant just delete youre temp files etc and be rid of it because it will probably be in youre host files and registry.
(dont edit these manually if you dont know what youre doing).
Try cwshredder or spybot, there are lots of programmes that will remove this kind of thing try a few just to make sure you got rid of it, also you might need to run them more than once and might need to do it in safe mode.

edit to add, MRU stuff just tracking cookies nothing too much to worry about there.

[edit on 15/1/2009 by orgyofthedead]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I fix alot of computers and recently I had a insane virus that nothing would get rid of. I found a free program called SUPERantispyware .This program does miracles.
Hijack This is also a must have for any computer surfer out there, understanding that program is a little tricky but works great, run it every week.Sometimes you will have to reset your explorer homepage or reinstall adobe flash ,java ,shockwave if you accidentaly make a mistake in Hijack This.

I highly recommend SuperAntiSpyware this is the best thing since sliced bread.
DWT

[edit on 15-1-2009 by dntwastetime]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its still happening every 3 or 4 page views and only on ATS , not blaming anyone just trying to make it stop it's annoying ! When I arrow back I've lost my place , usually goes back to the previous page not the one I was redirected from. I'm new to the MAC I'm on and have no clue how to check for viruses on it. Any help appreciated ! TY : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join