It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'll See if I Can Harness this Ability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi guys, I thought that seeing as I've got so much spare time on my hands, and seeing as I've got a huge interest in astral projection, I thought that I might as well spend a couple of weeks trying to fully control the OOBE state for a period of time.

The first time I actually had gotten sleep paralysis was back in early 2006. I was terrified. My eyes were closed and I couldn't move my body and all of a sudden I started vibrating immensely. The noise in my head was extreme; an earthquake had occurred in my head, it had seemed. I snapped out of this state eventually. I had no idea what I had just epxerienced. It startled me and I couldn't sleep easily for a week or two.

After a while nothing really happened, then the next year or something, one time I went to sleep and I said to myself in my head "Ok. If that intense vibration happens again, go with it completely, and see what happens". Coincidentally, that night I had experienced that feeling again, but it only happened for a short period of time. Then, out of nowhere I heard a pop sound and befoe I know it, I'm floating above my sleeping body. I wasn't startled or anything, in fact, I was quite happy. I didn't know I had it in me to pull off something that I never thought that I could possibly do. I closed my eyes in my astral state and I saw red. I guess it was like when you have your eyes closed on a sunny day, it looked like that. One thing was odd, though. My body was glowing white. I don't really know what that was. Maybe it's some sort of different vision we have as astral beings. It looked pretty cool. I opened my eyes not long after (in my astral state) and I looked around my room. I thought to myself "Wow, I didn't know you had it in you". After that, I went back into my body. I must have gotten to excited.

I woke up the next morning and thought "Wow, so if I just let those intense vibrations (or what I later realised is called the "gateway effect") then I can have an astral projection. That's awesome".

I have had one more OOBE since then, and the rest have been me straying away from the "gateway effect", finding that I'd just resume sleeping.

The most touching experience I had was one time I was asleep and I guess it may have been around 8:30am. I was in a dream and I was in a field. The field was a very light green and in front of me there was a patch of grass that had a fence around it. It was fairly short, so I just stepped over it. I walked around a bit, and notice that there is a padlock on the fence. I found this a bit strange, but dismissed it and stepped over the fence again.

I then hear this voice say "I love you" and it was on a continuous loop. I wondered where the source of the sound was coming from. I started looking around and I came acros what I think I came across I a blue object which I pressed and the voice stopped. At the instant, I slowly floated upwards and as I was ascending, I look to the ground and some sort of bipedal wolf looked up at me in a puzzled sort of manner.

At that instant I started experiencing the "gateway effect" and I was fluctuating from my astral form and physical form. My astral forms' eyes opened and I was floating towards my ceiling. All of a sudden, I opened my eyes a quarter of the way open and I was still in my room, but just not floating like my astral form. My eyes shut close again and I'm still ascending toward my ceiling. Again, I open my eyes a quarter of the way and then they shut again. I ascend toward the ceiling in my astral body one last time, and then I just resume sleeping. My fear stopped me this time. I wasn't completely afraid, but kept asking "What if?"

Around 20 minutes later, I'm guessing, I started dreaming again. This time I think I was at some sort of party or something. Everyone was drinking, and so was I. More partying and stuff occurred and then that scene had faded away. I then find myself in a field and I keep walking. In front of my was a girl probably my age with a bicycle and whoa, she was seriously one of the best looking females I had seen. Her dress was odd, it was baby blue and she had a badge on much like the ones mormons wear when they go door-to-door.

Back to her appearance, though, she was gorgeus. She was probably around 6'2", had a great tan, long golden hair and she had eyes that I've described many times that were a majestically deep blue. Although she was young, her eyes showed that she was wise and all-knowing. It was as if she was piercing right through me with her eyes. The good thing was that she was benevolent.

Seeing as I was disoriented at the time in my dream, having appeared on a grassy hill among this field, I asked her for directions to somewhere, home maybe? I'm not too sure myself. She replied with "I'm sorry, but I don't know this area too well, and I cannot help you", or something to that effect. She said this with a soft smile among her face and I still can't get over how intensely beautful she was. Afterward, my mother ended up walking up the hill. I wasn't really expecting her to show up, but anyway, she said to me "Congratulations on having the ability to see the dead". My mother's not dead, by the way, but the scene ended with them both looking at me. The beautiful girl still continued to softly smile and look at me.

I felt safe. I really felt warm inside. I somewhat concluded that the female was my astral guardian and that she is one person that looks over me. If that is the case, I'm really thankful. She seems loving and she's very easy on the eye.

In all seriousness, though, it made me feel very at peace, and it reaffirmed my belief that there is an afterlife for all of us. I wonder if I'll meet that girl again.

Ever since then, though, I have thought about putting my all into trying to fully control my astral projection abilities, and hope that I can completely harness it. I have fears about it, though, like what I oculd possiby encounter, but I think I this will help me get over it. I guess I just need to have some faith in myself while trying. I have a lot of time on my hands now, so I thought that I might as well try to endeavour in completely handling this situation, hopefully so I can actually do stuff in my astral form.

Sorry for the long post, and I'm sory for any typos. This post must have taken me an hour to type. I also think it's bedtime too, being 2:34am. I think I need sleep. I'll inform you guys of my progress in this thread. Thank you, everone.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here is a good, informative thread on the subject:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ah, so that's where the thread was. I was wondering what it had been called.

I couldn't get into the state today, went to bed way too late and failed to wake up early to get any results. I guess I can always try again tonight or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The first time it happened to me I thought I was in an earthquake. I live in California so it seemed natural. Then I realized that I was vibrating and not anything else.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh man, I accidentally pressed my refresh button on my browser and just lost everything that I had been typing about! Damnit, I must have been on my 5,000th word. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to type up my OOBE guide again. It might be of help to someone. I'll just detail the steps I take to induce an OOBE. It might be shorter now, though, seeing as I'm really disappointed that pressing refresh got rid of all my words.

Damnit!

P.S. Yeah, Spirit Warrior. It's definitely an immense experience. It's really great in a way, though, because it's a different sensation than what we'd ever face on the physical plain of existence, eh? It's amazing, and terrifying at the same time.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Angry Potato]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
An OOBE is probably a great self-discovery tool if you can utilise it. At the moment, I feel that it is important that I fully embrace them, mainly so I can feel somewhat peaceful, I guess. OOBEs can usually happen with the aid of drugs or medicine, or they can happen through meditiation. I can't really mediate, though, because the typical meditiation pose feels to uncomfortable for me, and half of the time I have trouble pondering nothingness and only usually think about how awkward it is to sit with my legs crossed. So instead, I choose to induce OOBE through sleep. Below I'll guide you through how I have OOBEs. This is pretty much how I approach the situation, and from what I have read here on ATS, I use methods somewhat similar to some other users.

I find that the first thing people should do before they try to have an OOBE is to start remembering their dreams. This is an important step, I believe, as after a while you'll probably have an awareness of the fact that you are dreaming and will find it much easier to have an OOBE. I lucked out on this step, because one time in late 2005 I stayed up for 24 hours straight and when I went to sleep that night, I had a really vivid dream. After that night, I had been able to remember a lot of details in my dreams for around 3 months, and all dreams were vivid. I don't really remember my dreams too often these days. Often enough, but not every single day like I used to. To remember dreams, just remember to pay attention to the details of dreams. Remembering intricacies will help you with remembering your dream as a whole. From this you might even discover more about yourself.

It may take a while for you to remember you dreams, but just be patient. It make take a month or months, but finding enlightenment isn't a competition, it's a personal pursuit where time has no relevance. When you do have a great memory of your dreams, I guess we can get started on trying to initiate an OOBE. This time, you'll have to train yourself to wake up earlier than you really should.

Suppose you go to bed at midnight or something. I don't really suggest now would be a good time to have an OOBE. I say at this stage you should just concentrate on getting sleep. It's important that you do get some sort of sleep, just a shorter version of it, though. Just before you go to sleep, though, simply tell yourself that you want to wake up early in the morning. Or even just kid yourself into thinking that you have to get up early in the morning. Seeing as you've gone to bed at midnight, we'll say that you should get up around 6am in the morning. Chances are, you'll probably become alert and wake up spontaneously at around this time. You'll probably wake up feeling miserable and groggy. If you're an adult you'll probably feel somewhat refreshed, seeing as you don't need too much sleep. I'm different though because I'm a lazy young guy that averages around 10 hours of sleep a day.

At this point, just get out of bed an occupy with something. Maybe go on the computer and catch up on ATS posts while you're in a blurry eyed state, conintuously yawning and grumbling. Just stay awake for at least an hour or two. You'll probably feel groggier if you're not doing anything mentally stimulating, and that's a good thing, I guess. You'll probably start feeling very tired over this period. The punishment's worth it, though, and if lucky, you'll be rewarded with an OOBE. This is where we move on to the next step.

Go back to bed. At this point, the only thing you'll really be concerned about is closing your eyes and drifting off to sleep. That's good, we want to do that. Make sure you're comfortable and relaxed. For beginners I guess that it's probably good if you lie on your back, as most of the time sleep paralysis happens more when you're on your back. It'll probably make popping out of your body a lot easier than if you're on your side, too. I guess it just requires less visualisation and effort.

Now that you're lying on your back stay very still and imagine yourself floating. This part will probably help you with popping out of your body, as you'll already have a preconceived idea of what it must be like seperating your astral self from physical self. Tell yourself just once that you want to have an OOBE and continue imagining yourself floating, and then eventually drift off to sleep. This is where the fun begins.

In around 30 minutes to an hour you may commence a standard scripted dream. The dream will be like every other dream, obscure details, weird locations and funny oddities. At some time during this dream, you may come across something that seems very sinister and out of place. Your emotions will probably start to mix up and you'll start feeling mostly fear a lot of the time. You may feel that your auditory senses all of a sudden enhance and your body will start to vibrate immensely. Physically, you won't be moving at all, even though it feels as if you're been shaken with the roaring sounds of wind and a high pitched frequency in your ears. This state can differ for some people. The sounds especially. You might hear the rushing of wind, you might hear warped voices but regardless, it'll feel and sound like the Earth is tearing apart and there's an Earthquake in your head. At this stage, dismiss all fear. The only thing at this point which will stop you from intiating in an OOBE is your own fear. This is one thing I need to really get over. Sometimes I think about people's experiences where they say they've encounter demons in an OOBE. Just dismiss thoughts of that nature. That will only make your fear grow.

Below is a YouTube video that features replicated sounds of the sounds you can expect to hear in the sleep paralysis phase. They still send chills down my spine:

While your vibrating, calm yourself and imagine yourself floating out of your body. If you're lucky you will exit your body. If you succeed, you will probably be able to reaffirm you belief that we're beings with immortality if you believe in some sort of life after death. Or, even if you don't believe that, you'll be able to feel a whole bunch more confident about your very own abilities. These experiences are very real, and to whoever reads my guide, many thanks for putting up with me. This is my guide to having an OOBE induced by sleep and dreams. I hope it is useful to someone on the internet. Wow, and that's everything retyped and reworded!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Angry Potato]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What kind of entities has anyone come across while in astral projecting? I hear that some people have encountered demons and stuff. I'd just like to ask how does one actually encounter beings in an OOBE?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the post man, i'm going to try this, recently i've been thinking about keeping myself a dream diary, i've had lucid and vivid dreams for many years, i've had a cupple of precognitive dreams one that i could never forget, it was about the concord that crashed in france(i think >.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey man, sounds like you've already experienced some cool moments already, what with the precogntiion and stuff. Sounds cool. I've only had those twice in my life.

Also, thanks for taking the time to reading the guide. I'm seriously happy that my typing wasn't in vain after all. Seriously, I put my heart and soul into it only for it to get ignored.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

excuse me potato send to me what you said, also one night everyone was sleep so i could focus, i think i might have saw my astral body when i did it, and it was a bright blue,then when i woke up my eyes wouldn't open, i could move a little, but my mouth and eyes weren't able to open
, also why did my body feel weird before i exited, i had to stop because i got dizzy

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

excuse me potato send to me what you said, also one night everyone was sleep so i could focus, i think i might have saw my astral body when i did it, and it was a bright blue,then when i woke up my eyes wouldn't open, i could move a little, but my mouth and eyes weren't able to open
, also why did my body feel weird before i exited, i had to stop because i got dizzy

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have no idea how someone manages to post the same message six times, but hey, at least it'll let this thread have 2 pages.

Anyway, it might have been your astral body that you saw, but at the same time I have doubts that it was probably your astral body. Usually when you're about you leave your body behind, you leave in that astral body.

When you were in the paralysis stage, did you feel like you were spinning? Sometimes that can occur, and that may have made you feel a bit yuck and disoriented. For some, OOBEs can just be a really draining experience.

join