It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New safety rules for children's clothes have stores in a fit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

Google fail you? How about wikipedia?

"A planned economy or directed economy is an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy.[1] Its most extensive form is referred to as a command economy,[2] centrally planned economy, or command and control economy[3]. In such economies, central economic planning by the state or government is so extensive that it controls all major sectors of the economy and formulates all decisions about their use and about the distribution of income.[4] The planners decide what should be produced and direct enterprises to produce those goods.[5] Planned economies are in contrast to unplanned economies, such as a market economy, where production, distribution, pricing, and investment decisions are made by the private owners of the factors of production based upon their own and their customers' interests rather than upon furthering some overarching macroeconomic plan."

Still think this isn't a result of centralized planning?

Or do you just think it is fun to argue the obvious?

"Important planned economies that existed in the past include the economy of the Soviet Union, which was for a time the world's second-largest economy[citation needed], China during its Great Leap Forward, and India, prior to its economic reforms in 1991, Afghanistan under the Soviet occupation and under the Taliban, and Iraq under Saddam Hussein from 1979 to 2003."

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The New World Order takes another step towards total control. Most people won't care about it.

In a couple of months time there will be a news story about someone being charged for selling second-hand children's clothes in their garage sale. In the very same thread, there will be ATS members posting their support for the charges stating that those people selling the clothes 'broke the law'.

It's fairly easy to predict responses on here, after you've trolled around enough threads. This law is NOT 'just', 'fair' or 'sensible' and is designed to make more people feel guilty and apologetic for daring to sell children's clothes to someone else.

Bad times ahead, people.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Garage sales will NEVER go away in Oklahoma...come on over and get your implement of death, I mean childrens clothes here...mention this ad and get a free T-shirt to give to the neighborhood bully..he he he.

This is ridiculous! Will I get in trouble if I start sending Lil' Tikes overalls to our local political folks?

"Never mind the man behind the curtain"!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by daddymax]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

"Bad times ahead, people. "

Don't Worry. Nothing to worry about. All is well in America.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Personally, I can't stand used clothes.

ugh.
but this is pretty outrageous.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So in other words...places like thrift shops and Goodwill will be forced out of business? SOunds like it to me.. Over the years, i ahve gone to my local goodwill, as well as my parents ddi,a nd donated things i didnt need anymore....thier wre lots of people thier, looknig for bargains..
tainted cloths? theyve done gone and lost thier minds... Souonds like a plot so palces like Macys, Walmart will run everyone else out of town so yuo HAVE to go shopping their...or take cloths of a dead peron or steel em form a bum then... man, theyve gone and lost thier minds..

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Personally, I can't stand used clothes.

Obviously you're not a parent. From the birth through to somewhere around 2-3 years old, children grow like weeds. You buy them a pair of pants and a shirt and are honestly fortunate if you can manage to get them to wear it more than 3 or 4 times before it no longer fits them. We have clothes from both of our kids that honestly were never worn more than once, especially from the first year.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
Another example of good intentions equaling bad results?

No. It's another excellent example of bad intentions out of control.

TPTB couldn't care less about children's health. Given the toxins they put in our food, water, air and medicines, I guarantee there is definately a sinister motive behind this.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is INSANE!
I cannot believe my eyes - what I’m reading - I just can’t.
It’s got me in tears.

If people don’t do something about this kind of total and complete tyranny before too long the USA is completely lost!

They could care less about *poison* in those clothes! This has to do with controlling the buying and selling market - can you say RFID! (And no, not to trace where you children are - but - to trace what you buy, where you buy, when, etc).

If there’s a silver lining I hope what happens is this ends up drawing communities closer, but that still isn’t enough!

Does anyone have any idea where we can go - who to call, etc to STOP this madness form happening?

S&F - I truly hope people visit this thread, support it, and somehow the people that care can put their heads together and figure something out.

THANK YOU for posting this.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

Garage sales will NEVER go away in Oklahoma

Don't kid yourself.
The first time the cops make a sweep and give every yard sale a ticket and a fine - they'll be gone too.

I'm sure there'll be some law coming soon where you're not allowed to sell anything from your home.

Just wait.

When they can virtually close down stores that sell good clean used clothes to babies? Yard sales are a thing of the past.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Because, as we all now, we're all dead from wearing hand-me-downs from siblings and cousins.
Makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Doesnt this just apply to clothes that contain hazardous materials? or am i missing something?...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

"Makes no sense. "

Makes perfect sense.

What better way to remind you that you aren't free?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Has anyone in the government considered that after multiple washings, there's problably very little of this stuff left in the clothes. Hell, give me a break. When I was a kid back in the 50's and I had a cold, my grandmother would give me a tablespoon of sugar and turpentine. (Some folks used Kerosene) Point is, those of us that got that treatment are still alive, healthy(unless we eat to much butter and red meat, washed down with quality bourbon, Heh,Heh,Heh). The government needs to go back to doing what it is supposed to do. Protecting our borders, providing for the common defense, and other than that, leave us the Hell alone!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am. I'm not American.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have study history of economics in my country. Historically textile business is in hands of one peoples, in the old continent...

First they 100% overtook all 2nd hand shops... Then import, and industry.

- If this goes to law in USA, we can wait same in EU soon. Terrible.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
The first time the cops make a sweep and give every yard sale a ticket and a fine - they'll be gone too.

Absolutely. Furthermore, they'll use a SWAT team to take out someone who repeats their garage sales after being fined for a first offence.

Mind you, they'll leave the Meth Lab alone in the house next door, as the owners will be giving the police a slice of the profits. They won't touch the kiddy-brothel across the road, as the perverted judges use that service, so its protected.

How dare anyone try to sell second-hand children's clothes in future!!! Your door will be busted down at 2am with guns thrust in your face after a tip-off from fellow neighbours.

Drug lords and sex slavers can't have neighbours breaking the law in their street!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I guess it is official:

America is Dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Welll since these clothes cant be sold anymore... i wonder if these store might as well give them away for free?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

"wonder if these store might as well give them away for free? "

Not gonna happen.

Just because the clothes can't be sold in America doesn't mean they can't be sold elsewhere - like Canada or Mexico or Indochina.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join