It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Israel trying to hide?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Do you undersdtand the concept of not attacking civillians?

Do you understand the concept of not attacking a superior military?

Do you understand that when Hamas stops, the counter attacks will stop?

How dare Israel counter attack after over a week of constant rocket and mortar attacks.

How dare they not lay down and die.

How dare they target the Hamas while the Hamas targets Israeli civillians.

AS I have stated many times:

NO attacks allowed by Hamas (with punishment if they do)
NO attacks allowed by Israel (with punishment if they do)

Once the attacks stop, peace can start.

Such a simple idea, yet one that gets by some people from leaders to others.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm done caring about either side here. The Israelis have dehumanized the Palestinians and the Palenstinians are dumb as brown trout to have put Hamas in control in the first place -- essentially institutionalizing a policy of permanent war.

It's not worth caring about. Conflicts that are the result of arrogance, ignorance and stupidity never are. I'm not even going to pick sides. This has gotten to the point of being a 3rd page news story for me.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
they are all crazy overseas. a suicide bomber blows up kills 10 to 100's and the people cry for our help. why don't they start a bomb stoppers and guns for pixels over there?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Of course Gaza gets 70 percent of electricity from Isreal. Isreal has taken 90 percent of the land. Where else are they going to get it? There is little infrastructure left.

They are fighting for their land and the right to exist, just as we would. Just as American Indians did with the only weapons they had at their disposal.

Anyway, it matters not the reason, it is what they are doing to the population. And the good ol USA has led the way with our example of torture in prisons as well as our standing by and doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Top-notch OP. Real quality: well written & well argued. Starred & flagged.

Here's the problem I have with your statement...
Why does an opinion have to be ARGUED? That infers hostility. Opinions and ideas, etc should be DISCUSSED.
This hostile mind set is the problem with many humans. Every discussion is viewed as an argument.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
lets not forget that innocents on both sides are suffering, some more than others. However, EVERY nation should have the right to defend.

Unfortunatley the average jo in palestine has no option but to sit and take whatever comes as does the isreali family that waits for the next rocket to drop.

The Arabs shout about the land and to give it back to palestine. Why is no one shouting about the land of Jordan and palestine being given back to Syria? etc etc etc. the land has been in flux for centuries, if it was about rightful lands?

The actual aim here is perpetual conflict to keep global powers within the region. The UN/league of nations mandated the formation of Israel. THe UN security council, if it really wanted to, could end the conflict in one vote and action

The ottomans ruled Palestine and it was attached administratively to Damascus and ruled from Istanbul. The name of Palestine was revived after the fall of the Ottoman Empire in World War I and it was applied to the territory that was placed under the British Mandate for Palestine.

I feel for all the innocents, but like local conflicts around the world it is to the benefit of a few, both individuals and nations.

David

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Israel is rocketed daily and the Western world barely hears a word about it.
Israel retaliates and the world is aghast.
Proportional Response is a foolish term when in a war footing.
Hamas, as well as most if not all terrorists, place their weapons caches, gun and missile emplacements as close to civilian facilities, homes, schools, hospitals, etc. for safety. If you hit them there will certainly be civilian casualties. I hear few complaints about such emplacements.

Hamas has stated that they, and others, want to remove Israel from the face of the earth. How would you feel about that if it were your home and family that was threatened in such a fashion.
Israel is not leaving the mid east. Hell they have been there for thousands of years and have every right to be there as well as anyone else. Should they not have the right to live in peace? Should they not have the right to defend their land and people? If not what do you propose? If war seems to be the only way to end this perhaps Israel should stop pussy footing around and take the entire Gaza region consolidating all of the area as Israel. Push the terrorists into the surrounding countries and let those terrorist supporting countries deal with them.

In my opinion all terrorists, their funding sources, those who provide them shelter and those that teach that such terror is good and holy should all be killed. Such violence will never end unless and until it is made clear that those individuals described are hunted and killed and it is broadcast to the world.

I would prefer a peaceful end to this problem but it is a fundamental hatred based on hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years of hatred and uses religion as the base to spread and maintain the hatred.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I care about the situation because it deals with humanity and has widespread effects throughout the world in one form or another.

Israel has been in the region for thousands of years and are not going anywhere anytime soon. The mid east needs to get over it and learn to be more tolerant of each others beliefs.

Terrorists, their financial supporters, those that provide safe haven and those that teach hatred and murder of other faiths and beliefs need and should be killed. No more talk. No more bribes. Plain old ugly death.

Terrorists rocket Israel every day and there is no widespread anger towards those that do such things but let Israel defend themselves and the world is aghast. It is the terrorists that fight from behind civilians, hide their weapons and bombs in civilian buildings, homes, schools, etc. No one decries this but says they are doing what they have to do to survive. Fools every one of them.

This is not going to end until one side or the other is dead. In my opinion I wish Israel would stop pussy footing around, take over the entire Gaza region, kill every terrorist and supporter they catch and push those lucky enough to get away into neighboring countries for them to deal with and good luck to them. If not this will just continue with no end ever. May as well deal with it now and worry about the useless UN and the rest of the cry babies that see the terrorists as some sort of hero underdogs fighting the "Man".

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have a questions and I hope it hasn't been asked before. Why doesn't Israel and the UN at least put the resorces together to offer the palestinians and those in the gaaza strip a one way ticket to another muslim friendly country?
Clearly Israel is going to own the gaaza strip eventualy, several muslim countires have tried to stop this from happening but failed. Just curious as to the political reasoning behind everyone not cutting their losses.
And I understand it's their home they don't want to be refugees but neither do the jews.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Monsoon, Stop banging your pro Israeli drum, Israel is getting what it deserves. After decades or trying to wipe out the Palestinian people commting crimes against humanity people like you keep defending them.

So it s not OK for Palestinians who have no armed forces not to fight back, not to fight for their land or their lives, they should just let themsleves be liqudated by the jewish Nazis should they. Perhaps you can tell me what you would do if some one took you home and land, and your right to exist no doubt you would say they were right would you or would you fight back.

I think I know the answer you would fight back, you defend the right of the Israelis to protect themselves but not the other way round how courageous of you.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Monsoon, Stop banging your pro Israeli drum, Israel is getting what it deserves.

Okay, maybe they are. Israel has had, so far, one death and several injuries. The Hamas people have had well over 200 deaths and 400 injuries. So I guess Israel really is getting what it deserves.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sounds about right. Israelis believe that one Jewish life is worth 100 muslim lives. The Israeli mentality is similar to the Nazi "master race" mentality, and it is everywhere, even in this thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Sounds about right. Israelis believe that one Jewish life is worth 100 muslim lives. The Israeli mentality is similar to the Nazi "master race" mentality, and it is everywhere, even in this thread.

nah, it's just what Western schools teach the children.

Israel is our friend, China and Russia are our enemies, love thine nation.

People in the U.S. were never taught to feel pity for their "enemies."

If you go down enough into your heart you will sense that fighting never fixes anything. Killing never fixes anything.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What a load of crap!

Gazans are like malicious children. They see the lion sleeping, not bothering anyone, and they just can't let it go.

So the group of them encourage one or two fools to go poke the lion with the stick.

Time and again, with increasing force, they poke the lion. They will not stop, they cannot stop, prodded as they are by their cluster of nearby friends cheering them on.

When the lion is awakened, takes a couple swipes with his paws and takes their damned heads off, the lion is blamed for being a child murderer.

This is one of the lamest threads I've ever popped into.

You don't have the facts right, you skewer every "evidence" and this is an honest thread? Maybe one should rename themselves, "shifty."

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Israel is a bigger joke than the Vatican. These embodiments are perpetuated by someone's own demand. A fool and a father. They are governed by cowards. They act like their powerful and in control. But when you understand and learn of the situation you will realize that the people are the only "one's" that make a difference in this world.

If it was my choice I would kill them and every single Israeli. Israel would become the capitol/ of the world. Nobody will be allowed to set foot on the holy land. It is the home of the king. And the king is dead.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

I feel the identical same way. Except for one. I would like to kill every person who would kill Israelis. I'd love to see them all dead, and if there were a button I could push to make it happen . . .

click.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The gas chambers had nothing to do with war, really. They were a social issue. Tied to the war, but not the purpose of the war. I was referring to combat objectives. You know that. I can't call you what you're being, even though its the truth, too. Not allowed here. But I get your game.

As for being biased, well...if you'd read everything I said, I don't care about either side, especially. But you and several others here have been very...blindly biased. I don't really understand how you think you are being unbiased while condemning one side and praising the other. lol

Not sure what else to say to you. You do the same thing as all the other faux-intellectuals...deflect and spin and natter on about something else. I'm trying to present you some fects about life and warfare and the spin in this post, and you're not even willing to acknowledge it.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Funny in all this back and forth BS, no one mentions that Egypt has every opportunity to help the Palestinian people, but when they do get through the blockade, their police shoot at them. Ahh I see it the do as I say not as I do mentality of all the Arab lands around them.

People need to realize a few things

1) The people of Israel did not steal this land. It was given to them, after what they had been through (and no one wanting the in flux of Jewish refuges (something the Palestinian should at least understand since their people do not want them either)) were they not supposed to except this gift? So the people of Israel have nothing to do with the take over of land.

2) The 6 day war, This is when a great deal of land was taken, look into why.. no one seems to remember here.

3) For Hamaas this is big business, they are funded, given purpose etc, because their government was more worried about politics then a peaceful settlement.

The Palestinian people are stuck in the middle, hopeless, needing someone to blame, brainwashed by their so called leaders, into fighting a 4000 year old conflict, for some religious BS. I feel for them, and I wish someone would tell them the truth about the people who have led them astray, I wish they would listen to reason. Israel has said several times they would recognize them as a state, they have said they would give back land, tear down walls, all the things that would help these people. But what has happened time and time again? Some extremist who thinks its their job to kill the jews starts is BS rhetoric and brain washes these people into thinking this is the right thing, even on the precipice of peace.

Should Israel stop the bombing now, yes because it isn't going to help. and until the arab world, deal with the fact that Israel is going to be there, and gets some real leaders in that area, or at least gets involved FOR REAL in helping these people. it will never end.

Dont Blame the Jews
Dont Blame the Palestinian People.

Blame the Arab nations who thrive on this happening to further their Anti-Semitic agenda

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You MUST be kidding?

"What is Israel trying to hide?"

"The difference bewtween Gaza and a concentration camp?"

Are you serious?

Speak with the 6,000,000 dead Jews about the reality of a concentration camp.

Speak with any Buchewald survivor about the difference.

You insolent whelp.

The Palestinians in Gaza can leave to EGYPT at any time! Oh wait. No they can't. Egypt does not want them either. Why? They are people who choose to take money that they could use in he hospitals and create ROCKETS to drop indiscriminently in Israel. The UN stated last year that Hamas has 10,000 ROCKETS. At $500 each ( a conservative number) you do the math.

How many starving/sick Gazans could be saved with the money that is being fired into Israel.

Hamas can stop firing AT ANY TIME and Israel would restore relations, borders and self-control. Oh wait, Hamas started this recent round of firings and Israel is being blamed for over reacting.

Do I detect a little anti-semetic feelings here?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The faster they kill each other, the faster we rid ourselves of their problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join