It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, well, well... not the least bit suprising really. It looks like alCIAduh's operation against Mumbai worked suffiently enough to get India all fired up. After all, we know that the US would love to attack Pakistan but lacks any pretense to do so and lacks the military manpower to do it - so it suckered India in and is getting them to do the dirty work.

Man, when are people going to wake up and recognize that the majority of us on this planet want peace; want to be left alone to prosper with government interference? Yet, these politicians keep goading us into endless wars and chaos. Instead of attacking each other, they should join together and invest their energies into discovering the moles amongst us and executing them!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah but if the pakistani government don't do a thing when their country is being bombed, you can be sure that they could be toppled by extremists or some generals. You saw what happened in Lebanon after the lebanese government did nothing to prevent Israel from bombing civilians under the guise of bombing Hizbullah.

There was a huge political crisis. In Pakistan, it's even worse because of the tension between India-Pakistan that is there since their creation. It's sad because back then they were the same country and leaved somewhat peacefully together.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I told you the other day that Gormless Gordon Brown was quoted on the BBC as saying that 75% of serious terrorist threats have Pakistani links - they're not being set up as the bad guys for nothing.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah but if the pakistani government don't do a thing when their country is being bombed, you can be sure that they could be toppled by extremists or some generals.

Yeah but that's just it, Vitch, I don't think attacks on specific militant camps that induced the Mumbai bombings qualify as "the country" of Pakistan. I am trying to remind people of that distinction, for the sakes of being able to maintain some level of confidence that this won't escalate into a further war.

And even if it does, I will still argue that both Pakistan and India have proven their ability to show restraint with nuclear weapons, so I am not too worried about that. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but the odds are remote imo. Hey, wtf? I am usually the alarmist around here, and now I'm arguing the "don't worry" position. Ahh, but that's a good thing learned over many years here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here we go again, I see the mind controlled slaves are out already stating that Pakistan is full of terrorists, is a threat and needs to be taken out. I wonder what will happen when all these Americans get told their country is seen as a threat and needs taking out. That the country is full of radicals that chant death to all none Americans, that want the American way of life to be represented in every country on the Earth. Yes what will these American Fasicsts say then.

India and Pakistan have fought against each other since the Brits formed Pakistan. And as usuual the perps are mixing it to cause a conflict between same. You can put money on the fact that the Mumbai terrorists will be nothing more than paid mercs, paid for that is by the UK/US. Again the carpet baggers are continuing with their plan, seive all the natural resources in the region before the Chinese or Russians get their hands on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pakistan Ready to Defend Itself:
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

Pakistan Ready to Defend Itself:
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah but if the pakistani government don't do a thing when their country is being bombed, you can be sure that they could be toppled by extremists or some generals.

Yeah but that's just it, Vitch, I don't think attacks on specific militant camps that induced the Mumbai bombings qualify as "the country" of Pakistan. I am trying to remind people of that distinction, for the sakes of being able to maintain some level of confidence that this won't escalate into a further war.

And even if it does, I will still argue that both Pakistan and India have proven their ability to show restraint with nuclear weapons, so I am not too worried about that. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but the odds are remote imo. Hey, wtf? I am usually the alarmist around here, and now I'm arguing the "don't worry" position. Ahh, but that's a good thing learned over many years here at ATS.

Totally agree with what you say!

Pakistan has detained the so-called suspects and are willing to hand them over to India! They said to India to now provide proof of their involvement and they will be handed over. India has not yet provided a shred of proof. Isn't that a bit strange?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
India has not yet provided a shred of proof. Isn't that a bit strange?

Hmmm.

India has proof of ISI hand in Mumbai attacks:

www.rediff.com...

India has proof that the Inter Services Intelligence was involved in planning the Mumbai terror attacks [Images] and training the terrorists who killed 183 people during a 60-hour siege of the country's financial capital, sources said in New Delhi [Images] on Thursday.

The names of trainers and the places where meticulous training took place are also known to the government, the sources said.

The United States is believed to have even more evidence, some of which it has shared with India, they said.

Chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen, who was in Pakistan on Wednesday, is believed to have told his Pakistani interlocutors that Washington had enough evidence to show a Pakistani hand in the attack, the sources said.

Sources in New Delhi also refuse to believe that the Pakistani army did not have knowledge of the Mumbai operation given that the ISI is controlled by it.

At the same time, sources do not believe that the civilian government in Pakistan is involved in the attack. In fact, one view is that the civilian government itself may be a target of the strike which may be used by the army to heighten tensions with India to return to power.

Washington has asked Pakistan to crackdown on Lashkar e Tayiba, which now goes under the name of Jamaat ud Dawa, and to arrest its chief Hafeez Mohammed Saeed because it has evidence of their involvement in the attack, the sources said.

The attack was planned, equipped and organised in Pakistan where the terrorists were trained and provided logistical support.

So evidently there is more proof than the mere questioning of the one detained attacker, which alone imo would not constitute "proof" enough to warrant India starting strikes on the militants in Pakistan. But that is from Dec. 4...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Jinni
India has not yet provided a shred of proof. Isn't that a bit strange?

Hmmm.

India has proof of ISI hand in Mumbai attacks:

www.rediff.com...

India has proof that the Inter Services Intelligence was involved in planning the Mumbai terror attacks [Images] and training the terrorists who killed 183 people during a 60-hour siege of the country's financial capital, sources said in New Delhi [Images] on Thursday.

The names of trainers and the places where meticulous training took place are also known to the government, the sources said.

The United States is believed to have even more evidence, some of which it has shared with India, they said.

Chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen, who was in Pakistan on Wednesday, is believed to have told his Pakistani interlocutors that Washington had enough evidence to show a Pakistani hand in the attack, the sources said.

Sources in New Delhi also refuse to believe that the Pakistani army did not have knowledge of the Mumbai operation given that the ISI is controlled by it.

At the same time, sources do not believe that the civilian government in Pakistan is involved in the attack. In fact, one view is that the civilian government itself may be a target of the strike which may be used by the army to heighten tensions with India to return to power.

Washington has asked Pakistan to crackdown on Lashkar e Tayiba, which now goes under the name of Jamaat ud Dawa, and to arrest its chief Hafeez Mohammed Saeed because it has evidence of their involvement in the attack, the sources said.

The attack was planned, equipped and organised in Pakistan where the terrorists were trained and provided logistical support.

So evidently there is more proof than the mere questioning of the one detained attacker, which alone imo would not constitute "proof" enough to warrant India starting strikes on the militants in Pakistan. But that is from Dec. 4...

Yes, they have made their claims of this proof which is why Pakistan nabbed the suspects in the first place. However, they are now asking for this proof so they can hand them over. This has not been met.

I have proof God exists - you will ask for it so you can assess it. I have refused to give it to you. - This is the situation they are in imo.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
some questions:

IF they did go to war against each other and IF they did decide to use nuclear weapons ... won't they just be signing the death warrants of millions of their own people?

would they really do that?

will those who authorize the use of nuclear weapons get themselves out of dodge before they themselves get nuked?

what would the likely response be of the rest of the international community should these two countries start slinging nukes?

edited to add this last question: what exactly has india done to warrant this latest round of hostility from pakistan?

just wondering.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by ll__raine__ll]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Isn't Pakistan full of oil? Or is that some other 'Stan'? If I am right, now you know why the Govt is playing sneaky games. If they start nuking each other, I am at least 90% sure it'll a) screw up the entire planet. b) One of the neighboring countries will sling a nuke in their general direction, c) Iran will just nuke the crap out of Israel during all the confusion, and we'll ALL glow in the dark.

But by golly, we'll have oil reserves!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a few nukes dont screw up the entire planet dont worry... in earth's history there were pretty big (and by that I mean million times bigger) explosions by lots of reasons and the worse it happened was a nuclear winter... point is, life finds a way

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

the entire earth may not be harmed by a few nukes. but what about the countries surrounding india and pakistan?

what were the long term effects of hiroshima and nagasaki? (i know i should google this lol, but i'm lazy today)

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why can't the two realize that their fighting will help neither of them and this "war" will only benefit the rich and powerful white man?

"Rich man's war, poor man's fight"

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Doesn't history always show that the United States always loves to start a specific type of war to test it's latest and greatest weapons?

The U.S. has had alot of technology developed lately pertaining to missle shields and missle kill vehicles, like the MKV and 747 mounted ICBM laser...

well lets get two minor nuclear powers to exchange nukes so we can see our hardware at work - go figure....

Sounds like the U.S. baiting these two countries to me !

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

if that was the case ... why would Condoleezza Rice bother to make that trip to pakistan practically begging them to co-operate with india when mumbai was attacked?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The two countries really cannot go to full-scale war with each other, as they both have nukes. War is not an option for them. So, I don't understand the point of the CNN story.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
U.S. will back India, China might back Pakistan if war really does break out.

Sad thing... who's behind all of this?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would say that the minute Nukes are in the air, you will have Russia, China and Iran's full attention. Not only just watching, but, possibly planning an interecept in case one would happen to stray....or as a contingency plan to support or attack someone else.

If you are going to start a nuclear war, you have to add viable targets from the list of allies the defending country might have. Pakistan and India (both being a defending country if nukes are being lobbed at one another) might also target one or two cities in the allies countries.

So, I could see Pakistan hitting India and anyone else in the area that might help them (US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq). I can see Iran taking the opportunity to support Pakistan and throw a few towards Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan (of course to hit US and UK targets).

It gets even more tricky if the US retaliates and we bring Russia/China into the picture.

Just thoughts though, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The headline is in the past tense. Saw it in the news today in several places and they are saying that India prepared for airstrieks shortly after the Mumbai bombings. The US and UK has convinced the Indians not to attack.

The headlines mean that India had prepared for airstrikes, not that they are PREPARING for airstrikes. This is a non-event.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join