It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan

edition.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States believes that India's air force began preliminary preparations for a possible attack against Pakistan in the immediate aftermath of the recent massacre in Mumbai, CNN has learned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
So is this another one of those propaganda's that will end up no where?

Three Pentagon officials have individually confirmed to CNN that the United States has information indicating that India began to prepare air force personnel for a possible mission.

The officials offered very few details, but one said India's air force "went on alert." This is the first publicly known indication that perhaps the two nuclear powers were closer to conflict in the days after the Mumbai attacks than previously acknowledged.

A second official said the United States concluded these preliminary preparations would have put India quickly in the position to launch airstrikes against suspected terrorist camps and targets inside Pakistan. During these preparations, a number of senior U.S. officials were urging India to exercise restraint -- which apparently it did.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Oh... Bad.

Behalf of my beautiful friend who just decided to spend christmas in his home in Pakistan capitol, and she went there today, I hope that nothing will happen!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I really don't want to see any attack on Pakistan coming from India, I just get really bad vibes about that possibilty.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
the funny thing is that US officials know about it few days after it began and they "didn't know about months of preparations of georgian troops" before the attack ...

On the India-Pakistan thing: I think it's just a matter of time since they will have "few weeks" war. They hate each other for decades, they fight each other for decades. The scary thing now is that they both have more powerfull weapons. 50 years ago if they had a little war it wasn't such a big deal as it can be now.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It is no difference to the way the USA reacted after 911, if India thought it was the beginning of an attack by a foreign power, then like almost every other nation on Earth under the same situation, India were simply ready to respond.

It is no secret that a lot of these terrorists live and run to Pakistan, they plot In Pakistan, and they hide there, to do nothing would have been confusing.

Pakistan needs to get itself ready to be attacked if it is letting these people use it's country, either that, or fix the problem, which it seems unwilling to do if the news agencies are to be believed, I have been taking the advice posted here many many times, not to trust what the news agencies say, trying to distinguish the facts from the fiction.

A country prepared to defend itself while under attack, IMO is normal and understandable behaviour.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think this is a non-story.

From what I see of that initial quote, it doesn't say that the government put military on standby to attack Pakistan.

It does state that inquiries were made as to their readiness to launch, which would be the actions of any sensible military superior.

If the U.S. were under what appeared to be a sustained attack, you can guarantee that at least one high-ranking military leader would inquire as to readiness, as they should. They were probably expecting their government to make such an official inquiry, and in that case it would be better to be able to offer an immediate answer than to say "hang on an hour, I'll just check".

If I were in charge of a primary military resource, and my country was deemed to be under attack from an outside force (and it was recognized that such an attack was possible by one of our neighboring countries or a group from within it) I'd be doing my job and checking that we were able, if needed, to react to that nation.

This news is being released to again mention the "Nuclear power" warning.

If it has been actively released by Pentagon sources, there is a propaganda value that I cannot see right now, or a benefit to them that goes beyond what we know.
If it was an inquiry instigated by CNN, they are trying to create a story out of nothing.

The real story in this is why either the Pentagon or CNN would need to state the obvious.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As is happening in many states/provinces and countries in the Middle East:

Governments posture and threaten meanwhile the Government paid militants (regardless of WHAT government(s) pay them) are the ones who carry out the attacks.

Clean handed Governments getting exactly what they want - bonus huh?

India will not strike against Pakistan, but the "terrorists" will. It all plays out to achieve a common goal set in motion a long time ago...before 911 even became a reality.

Lotta world Governments have their hands in the pockets of India, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, the two northern stans and of course Israel...did I forget anyone?

End tangent/

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I hope that it is false, because, I cant live with wars threatening my India, India is a peaceful nation, we follow Mahatma Gandhi's principle of ahimsa, until, it really becomes necessary to take steps.

Lets see what is in store, better be good.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Pakistan needs to get itself ready to be attacked

Pakistan is and has always been ready since it got its Nukes.

Over a 100 nuclear warheads prepared with the help of chinese engineers,Pakistan won't have a problem fighting a war with india.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes but its a MAD senario.

The first to fire nukes will get the same back. Everyone dies.

Any Indian attack will probably against Terrorist camps. India will probably tell Pakistan in no uncertain terms to sort out their back yard or India will do it for them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Alex Jones was right, again.

Said this the day of the attacks..
THIS will be used as a starting point to have India attack Pakistan; Since the U.S cannot launch a full frontal invasion at this time.

Let India to it and the U.S help.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
because bombing the heck out of a country and killing innocent people solves everything

[edit on 15-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Oh, great. Two countries against each other and both of them have nuclear weapons. It sounds as a "fantastic" idea. India attacks Pakistan and they'll shoot back some mushroom cloud generators, i.e. ICBMs. Great. Any other great news for this week? And it's still monday.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. I'll put money on it. This is just more hype and will be a non-event. Folks will be talking about this for months just like they do about the impending Iranian strike that has yet to happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
Oh, great. Two countries against each other and both of them have nuclear weapons. It sounds as a "fantastic" idea. India attacks Pakistan and they'll shoot back some mushroom cloud generators, i.e. ICBMs. Great. Any other great news for this week? And it's still monday.

A small but pedantic point, neither India nor Pakistan has ICBM's as this stands for INTER-CONTINENTAL ballistic missiles although now India has done a space launch they probably have the capability. but then again as they're neighbours they don't need them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
Oh, great. Two countries against each other and both of them have nuclear weapons. It sounds as a "fantastic" idea. India attacks Pakistan and they'll shoot back some mushroom cloud generators, i.e. ICBMs....

yeah let's just try to include US, Russia, China .... in it and we we'll have best fireworks for the holidays ever

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
because bombing the [snip] out of a country and killing innocent people solves everything

There may be innocent people within Pakistan, but the state of Pakistan is hardly innocent.

www.zeenews.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.cfr.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.nytimes.com...

Compound that with Brown's comments that 75% of all terrorist cases being investigated by British authorities are linked to terrorists within Pakistan/ Pak training camps.

There are generalizations based on coincidences and there are rational conclusions based on evidence... this is the latter.

[edit: snipped censor circumvention from quoted content]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The focus of any Indian counter attacks will be on the militants in Pakistan, and not on the Pakistan population or on the Pakistan military. I think it's important that distinction be maintained here, because it will lead to more misleading thread titles such as this one.

Yeah, it could provoke a war, but not likely considering Pakistan understands that if they continue to harbor terrorists then the terrorists, at least, will be attacked by other countries- seeing as Pakistan can- or will- only do so much to combat them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Peace will prevail till the next incident.

After the next incident, it's on and it will be a bloody mess.

Just the signs of the times. Nobody wants to deal anymore. Sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join