It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child's body found near missing Fla. girl's home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Child's body found near missing Fla. girl's home

www.chron.com

ORLANDO, Fla. — The skeletal remains of a small child were found Thursday in woods less than a half-mile from the Orlando home of a missing 3-year-old girl, but officials could not immediately say whether they belonged to the toddler.

A utility worker found the body in the outlying middle-class suburb about 9:30 a.m., Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said. There was nothing that immediately indicated that the remains were the body of Caylee Anthony, he said.

Caylee's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, insists that she left the girl with a baby sitter in June, but did not report her missing until July. Anthony has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with her daughter's death.

Since then, Anthony's family, police and volunteers from around the country have searched for the little girl.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ATS : Project Fight For Caylee Anthony's Rights

[edit on 11-12-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I can barely hold back my rage as I type this.

I have been following the story since its onset and I am enraged at the audacity of Caylee's mother and Grandmother, who seem to live in a world of denial and lies.

ATS : Project Fight For Caylee Anthony's Rights

The above thread is a good way to support Caylee.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As sad as it sounds I hope it is her so she can be buried properly and they can set the pit bulls on Casey.

I don't hold any hopes they will find Kaylee alive.

Or they would of shown the mother screaming and crying in jail that she can't find her daughter if she is locked up, instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Good find!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What I find sad is that there are so many children missing and/or murdered in this country every year that it can't even be assumed to be Caylee's body without testing.

From 2006:

WASHINGTON -- The FBI, for the first time, has complied with a 1990 act of Congress by issuing a public accounting of 662,196 lost, runaway and kidnapped children reported by police to state and federal authorities last year.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Every year in America, an estimated 800,000 children are reported missing, more than 2,000 children each day. Of that number, 200,000 are abducted by family members and 58,000 are abducted by non-family members, for which the primary motive is sexual. Each year, 115 children are the victims of the most serious abductions; they are taken by non-family members and either murdered, ransomed or taken with the intent to keep. An analysis of attempted abduction cases by NCMEC found that in 56% of the cases, the child escaped would-be abductors by yelling, kicking, pulling away, running away or attracting attention.

www.projectjason.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
DAMN!!! This is sad news indeed if it is Caylee and sad if it is not as some young child was killed and disposed of in a SICK manner.

I don't know how someone could do this to another Human Being let alone their own child, makes me sick to think about it...

Well we know that the Pain of Life has ended for one youngster, May that child REST IN PEACE! And may the killer ROT IN HELL!

Sorry for the anger seething in this response but My God this is angering stuff...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
TV news is reporting that it is indeed the little girl.

I don't know if they are reporting accurately.

But the TV is indeed saying that it's her.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They said childrens bodies are harder to identify. The news can't be correct. they have to do dna testing or take pictures of the skull and rebuild the face. I can't imagine they can run tests that fast unless someone fessed up.

FRom what I read, they had searched the area in September, but it was under water. So it was not meant to be found. Then it was fenced off(didn't say why) The volunteer said the area was steep and riddled with snakes. So though nearby, not entirelly accessible.

It was in a plastic bag and ducted tape.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah CSI is still on the site and no autopsy has been conducted. They haven't even figured out if it a boy or girl yet. At least they are not saying. I would have hated being the utility worker who discovered the bag. He said when he picked it up the head rolled out of the bag. Ugh. The duct tape was somehow on the skull which makes me wonder if the mouth was taped shut. The orlando Sentinel has an update blog if anyone is interested in the latest.

Edit to state, that entire family has been a freak show from the beginning.

The General

[edit on 11-12-2008 by GeneralLee]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The poor thing. Can you imagine that poor child's last moments were probably wondering why Mummy was doing this to her. The person that should have protected her from the monsters and the boogey man was the worst monster of all.

Rest in Peace Caylee.

Even if it's not Caylee (probably is) at least someone will have closure.

Mom and grandma should be locked up and never seen again.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I never put stock in media hysteria over a case such as this. In fact, I avoid it because... ever notice how everyone's assumed guilty before they are even tried? It may make for higher ratings, but this is wrong, no matter how much evidence the media claims to have. If the guilty can't get a fair trial, neither can you. That's how it works. And it's necessary to keep the government honest, make them prove their case... because it is the government, after all, that's trying to put you away.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hate to say it but I also hope that it is Caylee's body. Because then she will get a proper burial. And I'd hate for someone else's kid to be dead. Granted I'd love it if somehow Caylee were miraculously found alive, but I gave up on that a long time ago.
And if it is her body then it might be easier to convict her monster/mother. I'm not trying to start a capital punishment argument but in her case I'm tempted to say I can't believe they're not seeking the death penalty.

As to the whole not assuming guilt thing: think about this: what mother would spend a month goofing around and not go to the police while her child was supposedly kidnapped by the babysitter?

Rest in Peace little Caylee

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

FRom what I read, they had searched the area in September, but it was under water. So it was not meant to be found. Then it was fenced off(didn't say why) The volunteer said the area was steep and riddled with snakes. So though nearby, not entirelly accessible.

I read that too. I'm in FL. Much of FL is low and can be prone to flooding. It wasn't much of a problem back when much of the state was woods, swamps and farms. But as more and more homes are being built(particuarlly subdivisions) they've had to make sure they don't flood. So, they'll leave or make a low area for all the water to drain into.

Sometimes they pretty it up and call it a pond. Other times they leave it the weedy, swampy, snake infested type area mentioned in the article and fence it off to keep kids out. In wet times the they fill up and in dry times they dry out. Sounds like the area is one of the latter.

Most every subdivision I know around here has at least one area like this in it or nearby for the rain to drain into.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The child's grandmother first called authorities in July to say she hadn't seen Caylee for a month and her daughter's car smelled like death.

All of this is horrible !!! Are people really that ignorant ? I mean, how come that nobody else got suspicious ?
ref. to the article it sounds like well planned murder. This is the time where i feel shame of being human

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah, the whole story is reported Here including today's report of the body being found.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunSized

As to the whole not assuming guilt thing: think about this: what mother would spend a month goofing around and not go to the police while her child was supposedly kidnapped by the babysitter?

I believe I mentioned that I don't watch media "coverage" of these cases. I would rather wait for the trial when actual evidence is introduced. Is your point that we should convict her for goofing around and not going to the police while her child was supposedly kidnapped by the babysitter? I say it would be much better to wait and see if we can convict her of murder, and that way, if we can, she'll get a much longer sentence.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This makes me so angry.

I can not wrap my head around a mother who lies and does the worst.

God help us all.

I am torn on wanting Caylee to have closure, if she is dead and hoping against hope that Caylee is alive.

So very sad.

Thank you everyone for posting on this thread.

Everyone needs to be aware of any child who may need help.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Whenever I hear stories such as this involving young children I am overcome with sadness and confusion. Its one thing to murder an adult but when a child is involved it makes me wonder how we could have ever evolved into any semblance of society with rules and laws and morals.

What I find especially disgusting is how the media will pick a particular incident and follow it ad-nausea till the bitter end. These things regretfully happen every day. To pick one and "glorify" it makes me wonder just what type of degenerate obsession our society craves. It hearkens back to the days of the Roman Coliseum and the blood lust that never seems to be satiated.

My question is what is Nancy Grace going to do now? Wait until she can find some other disgusting situation to placate the masses? She makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

OH a retention/detention pond. I get it now. I wasn't quite sure what they were referring too.

Well if it is caylee, then casey isn't very smart, those things are designed to dry up periodically.

She was dumb from the beginning. Who looks at breaking necks online if they are planning something? Unless she is pretty dumb, being setup, or caylee was an accident.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Kidnapping, dissappearences, it doesn't matter. You don't wait a month to report it.

If I come to pick my child up and the babysitter isn't there I can't dial the phone fast enough to find out what is going on. And it may not even be the babysitter, someone may have fallen and gotten hurt.

Much less wait a month.
I can't wrap my mind around that.There is no excuse in the world to wait that long.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

My question is what is Nancy Grace going to do now? Wait until she can find some other disgusting situation to placate the masses? She makes me sick.

I'm afraid she won't have to wait too long.

You have a point-- we used to tune into her program once in a while, despite her overbearing habit of viewing human behavior in a simplistic black and white manner. Now it seems to have become the Caylee show and it is disconcerting how some people feed on their own emotional reactions and scream for blood.

noxie, you have missed my point, which was.. evidence is not evidence until it's before a court of law, because fortunately in this country, people are not legally convicted and sentenced by the media.

Sure people who kill children are morally reprehensible... but taking a stand against something so obvious isn't all that bold.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join