It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay agenda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
OK
I am working on a cruise ship as a musician and I say to my mate 'care for a fag' and I get fired, WTF is up?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
OK
I am working on a cruise ship as a musician and I say to my mate 'care for a fag' and I get fired, WTF is up?

It means cigarette in the UK, but is a very derrogatory term for gay men in the USA.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
yeah? point is....how can the gay boys have so much political power to sack someone for no reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Politically correct nonsense.

A word is just a word - all that matters is the usage. The example you gave is perfect - it would have been just fine by me if you had been fired for calling some paying customer a fag, but simply using the term in the colloquial way, to mean cigarette, should not be offensive to anyone.

I remember one incident where a public figure was repudiated and forced to apologize for the use of the word niggardly. Who cares if it has nothing to do with blacks, or racism, people were lining up to lynch this fellow (if you'll excuse the pun).

I have no patience for political correctness, and I refuse to abide by the nonsensical limitations on speech that have been imposed by a bunch of guilty morons with no appreciation for the sanctity of language.

Anyone who tries to control your speech is not to be trusted.

I think it's ludicrous to assume there is a gay agenda though. Just businessmen who want to avoid offending anyone, in order to maximize profits...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

OK

Um, why are you equating this to a "gay agenda"?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

SOunds like a cultural misunderstanding more than an agenda. I was totally taken aback when I was talking to a guy from England on the phone and he said he was "taking a break to get a fag."

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

coz a couple fags had me fired. Ok?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

coz a couple fags had me fired. Ok?

You got fired by a couple of cigarettes? Seems to me like you know about the cultural differences and decided to flaunt them. I'd be surprised if you didn't have training in these differences, dealing with an international clientele and all.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
[edit on 12/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Took the words right off my keyboard intrepid. Methinks you knew you were around gay people and decided to have a little play on words.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Even so, the OP seems to be like something Leno would say just for a laugh. It would be nice to have a joke section anyway. But I guess that's just any post sometimes.
Wasn't there some mention now of an Obamanation also?
What's his agenda anyway? It already looks like Bush has made us equal to some extent............financially.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sometimes when you play with fire...you get burned.

It also shows that when you are in a multi-cultural situation such as working on a cruise ship when there will always be diverse cultures on board, you have to use your common sense and courtesy.

Well hope next time the thinking cap goes on first before the verbal cap does.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
at last we come to the point.
if you kill a baby in the womb you are a murderer.
if you give in to the NWO plan to turn us all into non productive entities you are doing the exact same thing. death to gays (redundant)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

at last we come to the point.
if you kill a baby in the womb you are a murderer.
if you give in to the NWO plan to turn us all into non productive entities you are doing the exact same thing. death to gays (redundant)

What?

*Off to delete another 20 points from myself*

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i meant that to be gay is death to the human race. not that hard to figure out.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
[edit on 12/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

sorry if i lost track of this thread but the original point was...homosexuals have enough political power on cruise ships to get some poor idiot fired for calling a cigarette a fag. like get over it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.
There are not enough gays to bring death to the human race.
It's not possible.
In fact, I would think gays are more of a help than a hindrance to our nasty population problem, which is more likely to be the destruction of us all then two guys making out.
Seriously.

And by the way.
I'm gay and I have never been a part of this "gay agenda"
I am thinking that it might just not exist.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

You should be smart enough to know if your boss is going to get offended by using a derogatory term, or you should have been aware that if someone else reported you to your boss that you were not going to be on the winning side.
Just because you didn't mean it in the 'gay' way doesn't mean you shouldn't be smart about what you say and who you say it around.
And derogatory terms are words that you just don't say around people you don't know.
It doesn't matter if you don't mean it like that, it's just common sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

sorry if i lost track of this thread but the original point was...homosexuals have enough political power on cruise ships to get some poor idiot fired for calling a cigarette a fag. like get over it.

You too? So we can close this now?

That's another 20 points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join