It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by difsjf

And by the way.
I'm gay and I have never been a part of this "gay agenda"
I am thinking that it might just not exist.

You mean, you know nothing about this?

[edit on 12/8/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
OK
I am working on a cruise ship as a musician and I say to my mate 'care for a fag' and I get fired, WTF is up?

Congrats. You're the first person today to make me laugh.

You repeatedly vent your hatred of gays here,
you blame gays for your dismissal,
yet you want to believe you were dismissed just for using a slang term for cigarette.
If there's any truth at all in your story I'd guarantee that "fag" remark was the last straw after you'd sickened everyone with your hatred and your attempts to see what you could get away with.

And this was on a cruise ship?
You're lucky you were just dismissed and not dumped overboard.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

OK
I am working on a cruise ship as a musician and I say to my mate 'care for a fag' and I get fired, WTF is up?

Um, why are you equating this to a "gay agenda"?

Starting a thread titled "Gay Agenda" and having only a one sentence post, sounds like an agenda proposed unto himself. No offense

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
After reading this entire thread, and all the posts by the OP, it would seem that the only agenda is the OP's agenda of hating homosexuals. I pitty him, but not for being fired, just for being so ignorant.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why isn't this just deleted?
How does ATS allow such idiocy to continue on?
This place falls deeper and deeper into a hole of sht everyday, and no one seems to want to "Deny ignorance" anymore.

Seriously- This thread should be deleted, it's god damn ridiculous.
"Gay agenda" I find that offensive, and I'm straight for Christ's sake.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There is no gay agenda at work here. You may have had a play on words that offended someone. If there's anything here it's political correctness run amok. That still doesn't give you an excuse to bash gays just because you lost your job. I work with gay people and if I was to use the term fag, being that I'm not British or an Ozzie I'd be in some hot water too.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nah, this has to be a joke. I thought everyone knew about the differences with the word fag, just like it's trousers in the UK, and pants the US, or pants in the UK and underpants in the US.

These are things we grow up talking about in the UK. I once found it amusing when my cousin told an american "my brother likes fags". The other guy just smiled and nodded in a suprised manner.

There's just things you don't do. So what happened? Did the friend you offered a "fag" to turn you in? Or did you 'accidently' do it so other people could hear?

Might as well give a toast in a chinese restaurant, asking people to 'chink' their glasses. I know someone who did this... and it was very intentional.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

Ohhh I certianly would not want to have been around to witness what happend after that!!!

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

You ask a fair question and I'd like to respond to it. There's a difference between denying ignorance and ignoring it, or suppressing it. Sure it would be easy enough to delete every thread that seems offensive or pointless or just flat ignorant.

But what point would that make? Sometimes it's better to leave someone's words on display for everyone to see. Let them own it. Wear it like an albatross. And if they can't defend it or support it or justify it, or if it opens them up to be exposed for their true unadulterated opinions, then, good.

We'll never successfully "deny" ignorance by denying the existence of ignorance. Or sweeping it under the rug. Let's drag it into the light of day and let it wither under the scrutiny of the membership.

Maybe, just maybe, occasionally someone will see themselves as others do and cause them to question the validity of their beliefs. Maybe even change them. And maybe not. But at least we can afford them the opportunity. IMHO the best chance we have to do that is to question and discuss without attacking. Once you put someone on the defensive, there's not much likelihood they'll ever see things your way.

And who knows? I might be wrong.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 12/8/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thats just people being idiots.

I assume that youre british then, If you arent and youre an american saying that that sounds a bit out of the ordinary.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You did it on purpose, it's fairly obvious that you new the difference, and on a cruise ship where they seek to please the customers tossing around offensive words, regardless of how you meant them, will get you in trouble. It's the same in most jobs these days, and you most definitely would have been told better.
Your posting reveals ou did know better, and from your attitude it's likely this is not the only infraction you've committed against your ship's er... T&C for employment.

As for homosexuality not being natural, it's true that homosexuals do not reproduce, however there have been accounts of homosexuality since we have recorded history, and it's been found semi-commonly in the wild as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

If youve been saying fag instead of cigarette for most your life im sure they werent saying it to be rude to anyone.
Besides people can just stuff it in their pants, If I were gay and I heard someone say "care for a fag" in an english accent I wouldnt think twice of it because thats the slang for a cig.

If I heard an american say that and it sounded as though they were targeting me with this pathetic attempt at a hate crime I would think "What an ignorant person". People need to chill and take the high ground instead of complaining about every little thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A smoker who says gays are anti-life.
That's an interesting perspective.

So you said "fag" and got fired. Is this the first time you ever said the word on board?
It wasn't one of those purposefully loud "personal" conversations, was it?
You know the kind, where the subject of the conversation is really a third party who is within earshot.

Are you being honest with all the details of your firing?
And finally, what instrument do you play?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

If they were English, I'd go along with it. MarshaLaw has stated that he spent time in England,
However, from his posting he's made it obvious that he is extremely against gays.
As I said, most places that require heavy interaction with customers have a equally heavy PC system. My guess is, this won't be Marshalaw's first infraction, at least from the behavior he's showed so far.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The word fag comes from the word faggot which means a bundle of sticks used to burn people at the stake inherently a derrogatory term.
Secondly how do you get into this "GAY AGENDA" I wouldnt mind being apart of global domination.lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Exactly! If there is a gay agenda I want in. I'm not gay, my g/f is, but I'm not but I still want in. I shall take over the world!*Insert deep evil laugh here* And then, I do not expect you to live, I expect you to die! Gah, ridiculous no? This OP just hates gays.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Hmm, is there a gay agenda? What about a bisexual agenda? Or is there really a secret society of gays looking too corrupt America? Sound ridiculous? Because it is.

Well I am surprised at intrepid even getting involved in this one but YOU Gamegirdle, are wrong. (AS IF) Yes their is a gay Agenda gay agenda junk

Not so ridiculous when it's so obvious he was fired due to the influence they have and the whining they are about.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
Why isn't this just deleted?
How does ATS allow such idiocy to continue on?
This place falls deeper and deeper into a hole of sht everyday, and no one seems to want to "Deny ignorance" anymore.

you are offended ? using language like this

You couldn't careless about being offensive either i see

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi
Yes their is a gay Agenda gay agenda junk

You can't be serious. I clicked the link and went to a few of the pages and couldn't help but laugh. I mean really now, on the page you linked there are the following things:

A Wikipedia article that has a little section at the bottom about how a satire is used as proof of the "Gay Agenda".

A website that contains articles of interest for homosexuals title "Gay News from Gay Agenda". (The only agenda there is to gather relevant articles in the same place. Kinda like here only it's not a forum it's a news site.)

A website that has the following in their "About Us" Section:

BASH has only two goals

1 To turn people God has told us He hates anyway into profitable, attention-getting PUBLICITY MACHINES who will finally contribute to society and the economy by increasing Family Values fundraising and church tithings!; and

2 To provide artistic husbands to women who become flummoxed when arranging flowers, picking complementary fabrics for lining drapes, need help when it comes to choosing furniture or throw pillows, or have historically ruined otherwise suitable outfits by slipping on the wrong pair of shoes.

And a link to a political cartoonists website.

So again I say, you can't be serious about that being proof of a "Gay Agenda". Doesn't do to post links without checking the content of the page you're linking.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

oops.
forgot who I was responding to.
will have to look it up .
point remains , and I will expand upon it....
many things we ingest have been engineered to feminize men. Plastics soy beans vaccinations......

Nope. Sorry honey. We gay people have been here since very beginning. Please look up the term "two-spirit" on wikipedia.com.
Sorry. there is no gay agenda. Although I do believe it to be taking it too far to fire someone for offering someone a fag. I'm gay and I would not take offense at that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join