It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProFiler.DSS

Well profiler, I am not on this Earth to appease to your standard or acceptance or approval, and I am sure the gays of this world also feel the same way.

I exsist because the great God put me here to live MY life as I see fit, not to your expectations, or to your standard, or to your beliefs. And I am sure the gays feel the same way.

When you can come to the understanding that people are going to live their lives the way they see fit and not adhere to yours or anyone elses expectations, perhaps then you might see that its better to leave others alone and let others live as they wish and you continue to live your life as you see fit.

As I have said before...sometimes the simple is too simple for the simple minded.

Is that too simple for you and anyone else with a problem of letting people live as they see fit to understand? Or do we need to break out the slide rule and take it to the nth decimal point and clutter it with fractal trig just to get a grasp of it?

Why so many want to intervene in other people's lives is byond me. Considering the far more critical problems this country faces, I find it very amusing and disturbing that so many would waste so much effort on futile deeds to try to control others when these folks wont focus all that energy on comming up with answers to solve the other far more critical problems that we all face as a nation.

Priorities....its all about priorities.

I dont see where forcing other beliefs onto others who obviously wont change just for you is even worth continuing to chase after. Its like beating a dead horse to death...completely hopeless and futile effort.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is in most senses a waste of type and while I have decidedly stopped participating here and elsewhere less and less, I figure this is as good as any place to post what I think, especially since I feel sure the FBI, their Minion, the dis-information agents and wannabes and others are here and monitor ATS, as they are doing elsewhere.

It is time for the serious and those who have cause to fear the Enemies of our Constitution to go quiet; to no longer speak out what we think, feel and believe; to not openly tell stranger we think and believe. I am suggesting those of you who get what I am saying to "Shut Up", make should your powder is dry and you are prepared for the worst, including a knock at your door. Expect the worst from any direction, know that the police will murder you, the courts will not defend you and worst has barely begun. Buy and do business more selectively and put what you believe into your actions. I dare not be specific, as this will probably be censored anyway but, if they let it through, remember that all those who appear to be having no problems and are allowed to do what they are doing are doing so because the government either wants them in business, doesn't feel threatened by them, they are too public and an attack on them would not be worth the exposure or in some way they are serving the purposes of the enemies of the True American and Patriots. Again, I will not risk being specific but you know what this thread is about and yes I am saying, say nothing, just avoid them and let your actions for those with eyes to see know what you really think by your actions.

Safety in America is in being invisible and smiling at your enemies. It is like poker; keep your cards close to your vest and when it is time to show your hand, be as sure as possible that you can win, otherwise fain wounded harmless duck and maybe you can strike one fatal blow when your enemies draw close. The worst is coming; the fools think otherwise but it is coming and soon. The corrupted will be feeding on each other soon as well because the elite hate mankind in general and want to murder or let be murdered all those they can not control and use.

Laugh is you think this is funny; I am glad to bring humor if not good council.

Again, be sure, it is time to shut up and not put a target on your back; avoid the scum, avoid the corrupted and sick; take care of those you love and care about and wake up to the realities that this country has been subverted from within and the guy standing next to you is probably with them.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

That is complete nonsense, hokum and poppycock. The GBLTs think they are so powerful and they make a big stink and scene, but in reality, any of their Boy-on-cott protests, will fail, making them look even more ridiculous. I agree, we should all teach the gay fringe a lesson, so that the moderate gays tone down their rhetoric and threats.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
People are people and if you want to reject someone based on their sexuality, its your loss.

You can revel in your bigotry but just know that, that is your home and in my home, all are welcome and accepted.

Instead of perpetuating hatred, get in touch with someone's heart and soul. I am sure you will all be better off for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Don't you find it ironic that the pro-gay supporters of the defeat of Prop 8 continue to say, in essence, "I don't see why you are making a big deal out of this" when the gay activists are making a heck of a big deal out of this.
www.massresistance.org...
Go figger...
If "they" can make you feel stupid for doing it, it makes "them" more powerful and their efforts more effective. That's why, in the OP, it will have an effect to boycott businesses that supported the defeat of Prop 8.

The only way evil will triumph is if good men do nothing. (whoever said it)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

OMG you are perpetuating hatred of another based on being gay?

Am I pro gay because I accept people based on their heart and soul rather than a label?

if so, I am out of your thread Mr Scott.
Time to boycott your thread.

Gay people, good people who do nothing?????

Oh I can just see all the good people rallying together to burn the witches at the stake and mark the gay people out for a public execution.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

OR, if super straight guys with no weird agenda don't just do women and forget about what Nancy Grace says (and whatever happened to you to make you this way, I'm so sorry Uncle's suck).

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DooRight

Originally posted by Jim Scott

OR, if super straight guys with no weird agenda don't just do women and forget about what Nancy Grace says (and whatever happened to you to make you this way, I'm so sorry Uncle's suck).

This is hilarious !!!
This thread is "Should we Boycott gay businesses ?
It is not about gay/straight peoples sex life. But if that's what comes to you're mind then thinking "gay" i suggest you should try it, as you never know

In the meantime, i believe that gay people, just like everybody else are doing what everybody else does on this planet : Good things and bad things

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Homophobe much? Anyways, www.abovetopsecret.com... pretty much makes what you say look even more stupid then it did before.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Anyways, www.abovetopsecret.com... pretty much makes what you say look even more stupid then it did before.

Homophobe much?

No,,,, you?

As for the rest of your unintelligble utterances,, they make no sense at all as usual. Unless of course you can find a post I made on page 1, the link doesn't seem to show any of mine. Just to be clear gamer,,,,

did you just call me stupid?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProFiler.DSS

No, that was me in my head.

The mind reading forum is in BTS BTW.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DooRight

Are you and I the only one who can read? This person obviously doesn't get it. The homophobia blinds them. They don't even realize how ridiculous they sound even when shown how ridiculous it is.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DooRight

Originally posted by ProFiler.DSS

No, that was me in my head.

The mind reading forum is in BTS BTW.

Oh Rly! Well guess what I am thinking about you right now.

Send it in a u2u I am certain the language wouldn't be allowed in a post

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by DooRight

Are you and I the only one who can read? This person obviously doesn't get it. The homophobia blinds them. They don't even realize how ridiculous they sound even when shown how ridiculous it is.

First, I would like to say you are cute.
Second, we would like to get away from personal attacks by either side.
Third, the basic question is: do you feel that it is fair to boycott the businesses of people who supported the anti-Prop 8 campaign? For example, should we sue the Unitarian Universalist Church because they supported the fight against Prop 8? The gay activists are suing the Mormon church for supporting Prop 8.

See, it's never been about being a homophobe. I don't think there is such a thing as a homophobe. I believe that term was made up by gay activists to further their agenda. As heterosexuals, we have not, that I am aware of, preceded that word with "heterophobe" in the past. We do not call gay activists "bigots" because they have only one point of view that supports their agenda.

We have not taken away the rights of the homosexuals to marry, because they never had the rights to begin with. Even if Prop 8 were to fail in California, the gay activists would have to make virtually every state in the union support gay marriage because the federal law does not recognize gay marriage. In other words, they may have rights in each state, but no rights to federal entitlements (a big chunk of change). Therefore, the gay activists are waging small battles in each state to convert the masses in each state, all the time on the road to making the federal government recognize gay marriage.

I, for one, think it is fair to at least resist the gay activists with an equal force, and equal effort from supporters of Prop 8 and any like proposition. "They" like to start these movements in California because we (1) have a large gay population (probably upwards of 5%), and (2) we can change the laws with initiatives from the people (not available in many states). This is the fertile ground for change. If they can make Californians capitulate, with such a large population, then it becomes easier for a smaller state to be overcome.....more funding becomes available to successful campaigns.

The buck stops here. I say resist with at least equal resistance.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You hetero idiots think being gay is about love, or hate, or legal rights? Being gay isn't about anything, just like being straight isn't "about" anything. Gays have been treated badly by straights for years, forced to live as second class citizens without the same legal and moral rights as everyone else, a condition perpetrated on them by "society" - i.e. - the straights. So, now that gays are finally fighting back in an effort to be granted the same considerations that are supposedly inalienable rights for us all, we get called "haters" and "troublemakers" and a lot of other, worse names. Wake up, straight people! YOU have never had to fight for any of the "rights" you have been granted from birth, simply as a condition of being straight. Once WE reached an age that we were able to tell we were gay and start living our lives, WE have been stripped of those rights. So, do not come to me or anywhere near me crying and complaining (Boo hooo, the gays are being mean), because I don't want to hear anything you have to say anymore. The straights have been "mean" to the gays for centuries, so while I may not always agree with the methods and tactics used by some of our activists, there is no denying they are effective in making people stand up and take notice.

We are not much different in most ways from heterosexuals, which I can tell you is something most of us will not admit after being treated so badly for so long, but its true. We all want love, companionship, to be able to live our lives in peace, some of us want to raise children, some don't. Some of us want to get married, some don't. Whether we act or look alike on the outside, or not, we all want the same things - the same rights and conditions that common decency states should be available to ALL humans, wherever they may come from. Color, religion, sexual orientation, none of that should matter because on the inside, WE ARE ALL THE SAME. So, should we not all be given the same rights in a society that expects us all to live together peacefully?

Oh, and this statement goes directly to the person who started this thread: Don't bother replying to this, because your opinion, and the opinion of people like you, means nothing to me.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by arkhanum]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arkhanum

I'm sorry, but can you help me understand how your comments relate to the OP of this thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join