It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we boycott gay businesses?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
I don't think gay marriage or straight marriage needs to be pushed on anyone, as individuals we each have a right to decide for ourselves, and each and everyone of these pro-gay/pro-straight organizations is hindering this.

Maybe we should be more "pro-human". We're all in this together and the seperation of individuals that the PTB are employing, to keep us screwing with each other, is harming all of us. We put that crap behind us and WE have power.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by intrepid

Good ol Jeff was responsible for the line "separation of church and state," too. While we're at it, let's get rid of that. Ok?

That wouldn't be a good idea. If this had been applied in this case, the Mormon church funding Prop. 8 with money and manpower, we wouldn't be discussing this ridiculous premise.

Well, you already are aware of the separation of church and state arguement about keeping the state out of the church, not the other way around. So, that doesn't apply to the Mormon church involvement. They are, under the separation of church and state doctrine espoused by T.J., quite appropriately involved. However, I digress and am leading you off topic. My apology.

Yeah but it isn't the other way around. You see the separation powers were never intended to keep religion out of politics but out of GOVERNMENT. That means out of the Governments sticking their nose in one way or the other. Religion most certainly has a place in politics and like any voter voting his Christian Conscience about such issues of morality or the Gay Voter voting his sexual bent over his sense of what is best for American Family and the survival of same, they choose to want marriage redefined between the sexual bent of two lovers of the same sexual persuasion rather then on gender that for the reasons marriage laws were made in the first place insited by the very nature of our biology that it is by OPPOSITE SEX and NOT sexual preference.

Why they continue to make this about civil rights I have no idea other than to think they are still making US the reason they must seek some form of approval. The rules are the same foro everyone regardng marriage and where it has been done in other states they have taken it further just like we ferared they would and that was to make the kind of sex they have a government mandate to not only have taught in school but to endorse the experimentation thereof. Pamphlets encouraging such activity and in no uncertain terms as guys getting together for a "circle jerk" and that it's cool to jerk off with freinds!

Then transgenderism being taught to kindergartners behind the guise of teaching tolerance for gays.

I'm sorry, gays Don't have any damn business supporting such things, getting married or trying to tell me or my kids what they should tolerate.

I will never tolerate that garbage and as they have done in so many places where same sex marriage is ok, the sharp increase in the taxes to pay for its consequences is NOT WORTH LETTING THEM GET MARRIED PERIOD! They are the most self serving self centered part of the american voters block you can ever see they have magnified their silly arguments to being the same suffrage of womans rights and racial equality to mean civil rights is about something which quite frankly is nobodys damn business. Making Marriage an issue like this forces the intimate details of all of us to become a "class" of Americans by that distinction of sexual preference. When was the last time you filled out a Job application where it asked what kind of sex you have and whether it is with the opposite sex or any other animal?

You would say that is no one elses business and THAT is what they getting married shoule never be any of theirs. Marriage isn't about gay people and so they boycott our business. Well their will be many more issues about gays and this making them so damn easy to dislike makes it that much easier to continue sending money to anyone wanting to stop them from sticking their sick disgusting perverted anal loving AIDS high risk staph infected filthy sexual behavior into ANY of our schools or our politics for that same reason. Don't ask don't tell will be I have sex (this way and with that one) and (in your face with it )

No Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You'd think the people of this very forum would be quite the open-minded sort, but rather we've creatures still lingering about spittin bull about boycotting gay business. I can't even fathom why one would draw such ideas up in their minds.

In our country of supposed equality and proposed liberties not one person should feel like a second class citizens as such ideals should already be a thing of the past--obsolete.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think when you get to this point you should give their computerised voting records away, just to make sure KKK, oh, and by the way, membership straight away.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think it's unrealistic for any discriminated groups of people to not feel a slight grudge against those who discriminated them. For women, black people and gay people...it's like there's an internal defence against primarily IMO Christian white males...or even just atheist males.

I'm an openly gay female...who actually looks like a girl...but I'm still not prepared to say to a guy asking for my phone number that I'm gay because I'm scared of his reaction, and I have had seriously homophobic ones in the past. I'm not saying this is a general thing anymore, but I do find it annoying that I have to hide this fact occassionally. And in a sense I do resent the fact that it's something that people can't just accept as the normal.

In this way...boycotting straight businesses is like a small act of revenge for all the persecution gay people have had over the centuries. I mean when has a white man ever really been discriminated against?

I'm not saying I agree with it all...it's just a wound that will take time to heal. And as a female...I get even more angry at being repressed.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Why can't people learn to live together?

Someone's sex life / preferences as long as it is with another consenting adult is nobody else's business.

Homosexual hatred is like a religion hatred, it's a ego power trip: ie: I have the answers on how everyone should live, everyone should be like me, heterosexual, christian, republic, middle class, etc etc etc.

Well there are many colors in the rainbow not just one.

Again I stress, one's sexual life is usually best kept private and nobody else's business.

Outword displays of overt sexuality in public are tasteless and offensive from either homosexual and heterosexual.

Why can't people be more kind, tolerant and have a little more dignity? Are we humans reverting back to a more animalistic state devoid of self control and decorum in public?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Mormon church has always paid taxes. They do not claim tax exempt status.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When I started this new thread, it was intended to ask the question "Should we boycott gay businesses?" because the gays were putting so much pressure on supporters of Prop 8. Now they have a musical against Prop 8. If you don't think the gay movement is very very serious about destroying the opposition to Prop 8, I ask you this:

Why are they pressuring the Mormon church?
www.foxnews.com...

Why are they listing the pro and anti Prop 8 people and businesses in SFGate online?
www.sfgate.com...

Why are they going to be absent from work nationwide on Dec 10? Doesn't that hurt *their* employer, gay or not? Can you imagine, in your wildest dreams, all the heterosexuals taking a day of absence because they are heterosexuals? Do you see the insanity here?
jointheimpact.wetpaint.com...

So, if the blacklist is out there for every gay to see in every town in the US, don't you think they will avoid giving their personal business to supporters of Prop 8?

Isn't it reasonable to ask for those who supported Prop 8 by ballot to buy at those businesses that were supporters of Prop 8?

Makes sense to me.

And, as I have said before, where are our protesters against the Unitarian Universalist church? They were huge opposition to Prop 8. Do you see litigation against them?

My point is that the gay movement is almost military in their tactics to crush their opposition. They are unrelenting.

My point, therefore, is why shouldn't we supporters of Prop 8 do the same back to them? Why don't we fight for our vote? We voted Prop 8 in, and the opposition from the gay support for Prop 8 wants to destroy our vote.
I say do the same to them. That is my point. Fair is fair, right?

So, let's stop the gay-bashing, and get down to where it really counts. You voted in the polls, now it's time to vote with your wallet. Go to the list at SFGate, find out who supported Prop 8 in your town, and let them know you are purchasing at their store because they supported Prop 8.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Yeah but it isn't the other way around. You see the separation powers were never intended to keep religion out of politics but out of GOVERNMENT. That means out of the Governments sticking their nose in one way or the other.

Separation of church and state was mentioned in a letter from T. Jefferson to a Baptist church reassuring them that he believed in keeping the government out of the church, as happened in England. It was never about keeping the church out of the government.

The Mormon church pays it's taxes, therefore it is permitted to act as a business and preach any political view it wishes.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I did always wonder, why do gays/lesbians think they need to have the marriage recognized by the state/goverment/church? Marriage is so overrated anyhow, with Divorce now an option, it's just a term. I am married, and although I do love my wife, if I ever got divorced I can tell you now I will never get "married" again. I think many people would actually rather just have a "mutual relationship" type of arrangement, and if the day comes where the 2 individuals no longer think they can co-exist in the relationship, they can simply part ways, with no interference of Gov or Church. To me that is the ideal situation. Why care to be recognized by groups that you dont share their point of view with anyhow?

Also, how come no one has thought of to produce Marriage Certificates from Mars/Moon/Venus/Uranus? Apparently, it is legal to sell land from there, as shown to me by a friend. Someone needs to check into the Martian Marriage niche...Just another way of infuriating the stiffs by circumventing their "rules"

[edit on 4-12-2008 by theQuest]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I really annoys me when the minority can disrupt and do what they want. If it was the other way around people would be thrown in jail. For example, if a normal, non-gay person pushed an old lady that was gay, that person would be in jail and it would be a hate crime. Since it was a gay person that did that to the poor defensless old woman it wasn't a problem. Why is it only one way? If I had done that to anybody (for gay marriage or not) I would be in jail. As a normal citizen having done that, I'd be in jail. Why is it that these people get away with this stuff? Why is it okay for them? Because they are gay-it makes it okay, well isn't that the same thinking that has them up in arms? People for the most part are stupid and incompitent, things like this prove that true!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by theQuest
I did always wonder, why do gays/lesbians think they need to have the marriage recognized by the state/goverment/church?

I think it has more to do with hospital visitation rights for one. Only husband or wife are allowed to inquire about the status of their spouse when hospitalized. All others must have authorization from an authorized agent (i.e. legal spouse) in order to get any information, or sometimes even visit. Shoot, I tried to call once about my dad's condition in the hospital, and even being a direct relative, I was unable to find anything out. They are pretty anal retentive about that stuff, it seem. I think it ties into hipaa?

Plus, some families who don't like their loved ones significant other, I think, can prevent them from visiting in the hospital, unless the two are married

Also, inheritance laws and what goes to who at death play a role as well. I would imagine some families fight tooth and nail to prevent a long standing same sex couple from willing anything of value to the other. At least if there is some kind of legal binding of the two people, there can be less dispute about who's to get what.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

“When I started this new thread, it was intended to ask the question "Should we boycott gay businesses?" because the gays were putting so much pressure on supporters of Prop 8. Now they have a musical against Prop 8. If you don't think the gay movement is very very serious about destroying the opposition to Prop 8, I ask you this:”

Go ahead and boycott if you feel so inclined. I just bet that people won't agree with your reasoning.

“Why are they pressuring the Mormon church?”

Probably because they do not want the Mormon church (or any church for that matter) deciding how the secular world will be run.

“Why are they listing the pro and anti Prop 8 people and businesses in SFGate online?”

To accomplish the same goal that your boycott of “gay” businesses would. If the number of individuals are higher on their side, that just means more people agree with them.

“Why are they going to be absent from work nationwide on Dec 10? Doesn't that hurt *their* employer, gay or not? Can you imagine, in your wildest dreams, all the heterosexuals taking a day of absence because they are heterosexuals? Do you see the insanity here?”

They are going to be absent in hopes that the economic pressure will sway people to discuss the issue further. Yes it does hurt all employers, that is the point. All heterosexuals would not take a day off just because they are heterosexuals. They would need some underlying reason, like being discriminated against, to push them to that action. It should also be noted that when you say “all” you look silly because not every single person is going to go along with what a group of like individuals do.

“So, if the blacklist is out there for every gay to see in every town in the US, don't you think they will avoid giving their personal business to supporters of Prop 8?”

That's the plan, and a smart one at that. You seem to think that a boycott is immoral in someway. I think that boycotting is a much more honorable means of defiance, as opposed to a violent civil insurrection.

“Isn't it reasonable to ask for those who supported Prop 8 by ballot to buy at those businesses that were supporters of Prop 8?”

That is just as fair, just to get in a fit when not everyone supports you.

“My point is that the gay movement is almost military in their tactics to crush their opposition. They are unrelenting.”

This is a really warped collection of words. First you compare the gay movement to having “military...tactics”, which they use to “crush their opposition”. In my book the KKK and NOI had a far more “military” style then the gay movement. This awkward attempt at an analogy would be fine expect for your next paragraph...

“My point, therefore, is why shouldn't we supporters of Prop 8 do the same back to them? Why don't we fight for our vote? We voted Prop 8 in, and the opposition from the gay support for Prop 8 wants to destroy our vote.”

No one is trying to “destroy” anything. There are peaceful attempts to put pressure on businesses, that is not the same thing as using military tactics to destroy an opposition.

“I say do the same to them. That is my point. Fair is fair, right?”

If you want to try the same approach then go ahead, but you choice of wording is at least an attempt at escalation, and at worse a veiled call for violent action.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
I really annoys me when the minority can disrupt and do what they want. If it was the other way around people would be thrown in jail. For example, if a normal, non-gay person pushed an old lady that was gay, that person would be in jail and it would be a hate crime. Since it was a gay person that did that to the poor defensless old woman it wasn't a problem. Why is it only one way? If I had done that to anybody (for gay marriage or not) I would be in jail. As a normal citizen having done that, I'd be in jail. Why is it that these people get away with this stuff? Why is it okay for them? Because they are gay-it makes it okay, well isn't that the same thinking that has them up in arms? People for the most part are stupid and incompitent, things like this prove that true!

Any chance you can post a link that refers to the content of you're post ?
I'm asking cause i can see we are not from the same part of the world. And it will make it more easy to understand, and interesting to compare the criminal law in general...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProFiler.DSS
“Jim rather than boycott the queers businesses, try doing what many straight businesses are talking about doing and just flat out refuse to serve gay people. Put a sign in there saying we reserve the right to refuse business to queers, homo's fags, etc and make it as bigoted as possible so that they know what was tolerated by us before is not anymore.”

Let us just see how long that business stays afloat shall we. You might lose all of your “gay” business, but I bet that a whole lot of people would not patronize you for your silly views. I say silly views because that is what they are, illustrated by your next paragraph...

Originally posted by ProFiler.DSS
“Let them know you don't care one iota what they think of your "hatred" or "bigotry" and that you are so damn sick of being called a racist if you don't like Obama or a bigot if you voted against prop 8 or if you are a Christian, a mormon, or just about anyone that doesn't kiss the gay's ass and agree with them, let them know they ain't the new blacks and they sure as hell ain't the third sex (male, female, gay)”

There is so much there I don't know how to start. It seems you are looking at the issue based on what some other people called/told you. You go on about how you are called a bigot or racist and the like. Why do you care about what these people say about you. If you didn't care about others words then you wouldn't feel so persecuted.

Further, if you didn't care so much about how people live their lives, no one would even bring you up. Your external source illustrates a complete lack of personal toughness. Homosexuals are trying to push something on you because they want to change the law, giving them the same marriage status as heterosexuals? What, if they succeeded, would happen to you?

Nothing.

I am a proud American and I want my country to be the best in the world. I want my laws to ring with the ideals that all men were created equal. We the American people are free, and we live with liberty. I don't want any of my fellow citizens having to get second-class service from the state. Your ideas, my friend, are weakening the will of this nation and emboldening the resolve of our enemies.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What, if they succeeded, would happen to you?

Nothing.

I would see the generations of my family taught that sexual perversion is accepted. I would see the moral fiber of my country eroded. I would see an increase in infectious disease and see that passed to my family's generations. I would see the courts overturn the will of the people again and again for the will of a strong minority. I would see, well, that's plenty for now.

I am a proud American and I want my country to be the best in the world. I want my laws to ring with the ideals that all men were created equal. We the American people are free, and we live with liberty. I don't want any of my fellow citizens having to get second-class service from the state. Your ideas, my friend, are weakening the will of this nation and emboldening the resolve of our enemies.

I also believe that all men are created equal. They also have an equal opportunity to uphold the moral standards of my country. If you have noticed earlier in this post, the gay movement is pushing to lower the age of consent. Once you open Pandora's Box, there is no closing it...as is proven by the spread of the HIV and AIDS conditions.

I don't want to open another box like that in my lifetime. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

So, should we or shouldn't we use the same tactics as the gay activists? Isn'
t it fair to boycott the businesses of those who opposed Prop 8?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

First I want to say I am not anti-anything other than anti-predatory people.
Do you want to know why the media is pro-gay? I will tell you and even give some examples. The media is scared of them plain and simple. I do not mean scared personally I mean scared of their boycott. For this same reason the media is pro-black, pro-feminist and pro anything else they fear retribution from.

Now do you want to know why the media is anti-white, anti-conservative, anti-religious, and anti-heterosexual? For the exact opposite reason. They do not fear whites, conservatives, religious organizations, or heterosexuals.

The black race is a tight knit community as is the gay community and the feminist community. If you say something negative, whether it is true or not, they will within days have orchestrated a boycott of tens of thousands of people if not hundreds of thousands. This means losses for their advertisers which in turn means they have to sell advertising slots at a lower price.

On the other hand, whites, conservatives, heterosexual, and religious groups have no backbone and will never band together to orchestrate boycotts. The media knows these groups are self indulging, and could care less what happens to their neighbor so long as they themselves are left alone. This group kind of resembles cowboys in that they function independently and do not rely of gang tactics or overwhelming force to get what they want. This is the white man's, conservative's, and heterosexual's downfall. The media is not stupid, they know who they have to listen to and who they don't, just like a child. They may give the babysitter that "who cares what you say" look, but that all changes when mommy and daddy walk in the front door. The white race accounts for a vast majority of the population, yet they have no strength, no cohesion, and no collective sense of self.

And before everyone here starts bashing me, understand this; I am not anti-gay, anti-black, or anti-anything except as I said anti-predatory people and I would definitely classify the media as predatory. I am; however, anti-media because I firmly believe they are the most biased people in the world and they do not care if your white, green, black, blue, straight, atheist, gay, or a prostitute on the street corner. They will prey upon those that allow them to do so, the black, gay, and feminist communities are brave enough to stand up to them, so they get fair to preferred treatment. If you think I am kidding, try to organize a media protest within the white community, if you are not laughed at, you will be ridiculed. The whites, conservatives, heterosexual, and religious organizations are so arrogant, they do not even see what lies right before their very eyes.

I would challenge anyone who reads this to try to organize a white, religious, conservative, or heterosexual protest or boycott and see just how far it goes. Please if anyone thinks they can pull this off, please report back to us on your success/failure.

This is just an observation from a nobody (not white, not black, not gay), trying to look at the picture in a non-biased analytical manner and sharing with you what I see.

Edited for grammatical correction.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

What, if they succeeded, would happen to you?

Nothing.

I would see the generations of my family taught that sexual perversion is accepted.

"sexual perversion" ???. Is that statement subjective ? Or if you mean it seriously. In that case would you please post a source that proves homosexual behavior is perverse ?
I'm not gay, so i know nothing. Only thing i know is that there must be more in gay peoples life than sex. Just as in you're life i guess...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see alot of talk about morality. What gays do is perverted and immoral.
Well to be honest those observations are nothing more than a point of view.

The Hindu's worship cows and would never harm one. Can you imagine what they think about us eating a cow?

The romans used to put men in a giant arena and thousands would watch them fight and sometimes kill each other. Today we would find that morally reprehensible.

Everyone on this planet has a different outlook on life and what is right or wrong.
What is right for you might not be right for someone else.

Now thankfully we live in a constitutional republic where, theoretically, we don't have tyranny of the masses. Everyone should get their say. and be able to live how they want. Because this is a free country. Everyone here needs to be aware that the right you take away from someone may one day be taken away from you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join