It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jager and Red Bull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I heard somewhere that people were dying off of Jagermeister or cheap vodka and Red Bull drinks. It was supposedly one of the ingredients in the Red Bull that stimulates you too much if you are already drunk like a heart attack or something. Someone please prove me wrong because they are quite delicious.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it would be hard to die off Jager since the alcohol content is so low. Silly Americans, it's a cough remedy! :shk:

But enough Vodka I suppose could kill ya. The only thing in Red Bull though that would complicate the depressant of alcohol is caffeine...so someone may tend to think they can drink more vodka if it's going down like candy ...mixed with caffienated kool aid (Red Bull).

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I've never spent more than ten dollars on alcohol (weed is cheaper), I've just heard that Jager thing a lot. I heard that the Red Bull does something to dry you out more and would kill you through something akin to dehydration. Has anyone noticed any hangovers where you seem dried up more than usual, after Red Bull? Maybe it makes you piss more.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
By the way, we prefer the phrase is "Stupid Americans!" Even though this refers to the fact that we are more stupid (left unsaid) than ignorant.

Also, I am from Texas!

LOL.
*Some realize how stupid we are.*

Seriously, I'm white trash, but we get # done.
WASDRUNK

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by icelid]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Back when red bull first appeared on the market, my freinds (avid ravers) used to drink red bull and vodka while they were rolling on pills. They're all alive to talk about it when they should be dead lol. Crazy.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Mixing alcohol and Red Bull won't kill you, but its not the greatest idea in the world either. Drinks like Red Bull and Gatorade are absorbed by your body faster and simply put go right into your bloodstream. Thus getting you drunker, faster.

If you were already drinking heavily and then began to drink alcohol and Red Bull you may increase your risk of losing consciouness or even getting alcohol poisoning because you are taking alcohol into your blood much faster than your body can process it and much faster than you would normally be.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Heres a link to a news report about people who died after mixing red bull and booze. Unknown if this is why they died or not. I am sure it is why. Just wanted to let you know it's not just an urban legend its really happend.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ever try Crunk Juice? The official drink of Lil' John

1/2 red bull and 1/2 hennessy....you can use another cognac, like paul mason, but hennessy is really the way to go!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Mixing Red Bull with alcohol is fine, personally I prefer SoBe Adrenaline. It's the same type thing, just tastes better.

It's just like anything. If you abuse it, it can be harmful. :w:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The guy laying on the ground, with the guy sitting on top of him, drank a 26'r of Jager and bull... :w:

Other than the fact that he was rolling on the ground and talking some serious bull $hyte, he was pretty much "fine"... in that Pic hes even trying to go for some beers! Then he passed out right there and we drew all over the poor fool. No need to worry, he woke up in the morning, probley drunk another bottle
!!!

[Edited on 8/24/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
red bull has 10x the amount of caffiene than coffee. drinking 3 of them puts you at risk of a heart attack. i used to subscribe to game informer and one of the writers drank 28 red bulls.:w: thats just incredible. i wish i could do that cuz i love red bull.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Anybody check out that warning on the side of a Red Bull can? A pal of mine was saying it scared her... I can't remember what it says =P

A big part of this Toxic Red bull scare crap is the Taurine in it. Taurine is an amino acid that comes from animals and meat; it's a natural buildup in our bodies primarily around the brain and heart as well as other organs. If you take in too much of this, it can be toxic to your system. The biggest problems associated with it I've ever heard of is peptic ulcers though... I'm pretty sure it can't cause death.

Jegerbombs are pretty powerful though, in my bartending cert class we were told not to really allow one person to consume more than three of them, if they ordered more don't put as much red bull in it. I've had friends that have had way more than three though... I think that's pretty much because of what somebody already said though, if there's pre-existing heart conditions it could seriously mess a person up... even if you can't really handle caffeine well, also because of your body mass. The smaller a person is the less they can tolerate... so stop drinking your jegerbombs, lightweights!

Taken from the Red Bull website...

Q: How many cans of Red Bull Energy Drink can you drink per day? How many cans of Red Bull Energy Drink can I drink in one go?

A: Red Bull� Energy Drink is a functional drink and not a thirst quencher. Generally, you can compare its digestibility with that of coffee, and this is a good guide to the amount you can drink. It is recommended that the daily consumption including the consumption at one time of Red Bull� Energy Drink should conform to a person's intake of caffeine, and this varies from person to person. The caffeine in one can of Red Bull equals that of one cup of filtered coffee.

[Edited on 19-11-2004 by DamnableSara]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
God, I would not touch that Red Bull crap.

That's all it is, crap.

new topics

top topics

join