It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Snub Fest: World Leaders Refuse to Shake Bush's Hand During G20 Photo-Op

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is a hoax, they had all just shaken hands with bush but had yet to shake hands with eachother.

Come on people... do the research before you jump on the bush-hating bandwagon.

I mean seriously, I'm an obama supporter and anti-bush, but this is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Could it be that the Europeans didn't want to talk to Bush because of their stereotype they have of us? Europeans tend to think of us as stupid, immature, and arrogant. Maybe they thought by being closer to him they would become more arrogant?

Can you blame us

Im sure Americans see us as spineless and fruity.

No I dont think this was bigotry of that manner, I think they just didn't want to be seen shaking hands with Bush. Brown in particular has been saying that the problem started in America, so he must have been particularly careful not to seem cordial when meeting the man who he has been blaming the crisis on.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I think you guys could have at least showed him respect... not for who he is... but for what he represents. When you don't shake hands with the President of the USA you're not shaking hands with just the President of the USA you're refusing to open arms to our country. I just think that this action by your leaders over there sends the wrong message to the people here.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Woah. Back it up there my friend.

Brown was not explicitly elected by us (Britain). I know Infinite will be in here in a second explaining how we are a parliamentary democracy and therefore did in fact elect Brown, but that point is a mere technicality.

The British public did not at any point elect Brown into his present post. A single constituency in the far north of Scotland (ie about 20,000 people) voted for him to be their MP, and he won a legitimate election running for the post of Chancellor of the Exchequer.

But we didn't choose him to be PM.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Okay... but we (while there are people that dispute this) in the USA here elected Bush. Isn't it proper protocol for foreign leaders to shake hands with each other? If not they could at least do it to show they have manners, even if they weren't elected by their people.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I must say that I am by no means a "bush fan".
But honestly what I just seen was sad. The man still represents America. They should have sucked it up and shook his hand. At the very least show him the respect that he did not show them.

WHY.

Repect is given, where respect is shown.
That post is so idiotic and delusional.

Btw alot of American's dissagree that he represents America, In fact when did he actually ever? His family is scum!

Why should we respect scum, and respect the scum that doesnt' respect the world.

Seriously wake up.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think you guys could have at least showed him respect... not for who he is... but for what he represents. When you don't shake hands with the President of the USA you're not shaking hands with just the President of the USA you're refusing to open arms to our country. I just think that this action by your leaders over there sends the wrong message to the people here.

Again I fail to actually see what he represents?

Can you elaborate on this, I'm having really hard trouble with this logic of yours.

Do you understand how people become respected? When you don't have any self respect, don't expect people to be in open arms to you.

Lets snap back into reality, especially to some of the Americans wailing in patriotism right now

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I must say that I am by no means a "bush fan".
But honestly what I just seen was sad. The man still represents America. They should have sucked it up and shook his hand. At the very least show him the respect that he did not show them.

As much as I dislike what he has done to this country I have to say I agree. I was sad more for the image of this nation that was portrayed in that video than the disrespect shown to him personally. I am still an American and I want this country to do well. However, I fear we have allowed the greedy to destroy us beyond repair now. We will slide into a 2nd world nation soon (relative to the age of civilizations). Unfortunately we have none to blame but the people of this country that allowed the elected leaders to become so intertwined in greed and big money corporations.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

We know that we've had a crappy President.
. Yet we still stand by him because we don't want to appease to Europeans who hate us for their anti-American sentiments or the terrorists that want us to die for our foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think there is more to the issue than whether it was a hoax or not. Sure, they may have already spoken with Bush at length. They could have all been giving high-fives off stage right 2 minutes before the clip started. It doesn't matter.

The important thing here is that the MSM is portraying Bush as a hated and washed up politician. This is the sort of thing that influences people in this country. The issues never matter... To nearly anyone.

Combine this sort of thing with the Texas DA lawsuit that went nowhere and hopefully people will become accustomed enough to the idea of actually standing up to these goons. I applauded in my room when I saw that video.
Sure, it sucks that the leader of this great nation had to be portrayed that way, and if it were any other man I may have actually felt for him, but I find it hard to keep my eyes off the prize, so to speak. This man is a one-man Constitutional Wrecking Ball. He has been his entire term as President and I CANNOT WAIT for the day he is out of here. I would have enjoyed seeing someone kick him in the groin.

link   

We know that we've had a crappy President.
. Yet we still stand by him because we don't want to appease to Europeans who hate us for their anti-American sentiments or the terrorists that want us to die for our foreign policy.

So you stand by him and his cronies, for creating havok to this planet every single day for the last 8 years.

Illegal wars, inappropriate foriegn policy, lies, trechory, inciting fear into their own people, genocide, Global warming, Katrina, Kyoto protocol and god knows the list is endless.

You stand by this behaviour?

Don't get me started on ths terrorists bull. There was no terrorists. Only the ones the CIA created. And if they are any terrorist's they were normal people who resent America for such behaviour of the last 8 years.

Your ignorance, is embarrassing.

Did you ask the Europeans, what they think, or are you the typical American living in fantasy thinking this all up?

link   
if he didn't help to run the country (and the world for that matter) into the ground I would feel sorry for him...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

we don't want to appease to Europeans who hate us for their anti-American sentiments or the terrorists that want us to die for our foreign policy.

Paronoia - fox news- BS- fantasy - hearsay - waffle - ignorance - apathy - head in the sand - delusionalism

If there was one word......

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Okay... but we (while there are people that dispute this) in the USA here elected Bush. Isn't it proper protocol for foreign leaders to shake hands with each other? If not they could at least do it to show they have manners, even if they weren't elected by their people.

Yeah I know, thats why I said it was bad form for them not to shake hands.

I dunno why you're trying to pin this on bigotry. Anti-americanism is pretty rife atm, but not to the extent that world leaders act petty just because of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Or then again, he could be snubbing them. The commentary is being made from the view that no one likes him but maybe he is so arrogant that he feels he can just walk in and not worry about troubling himself with greeting people.

Just to try and put a spin on things.

Either way, it's not good. Period.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think the video is misleading. How do you know that Bush and the others didn't greet before the photo op? I saw the Arab guy shake 1 hand. Guess he was snubbed too. Then 2 guys behind Bush walked across a few people before he shook somebody hand. As far as looking down, it looks like he was making sure he wasn't going to trip or fall. I just don't buy it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Maybe you think they're illegal wars, but, they aren't wars at all technically. They're "military actions". We haven't had a real war since WWII.

We've stopped caring about that other stuff. We know that our military does some dirty things and stupid things. We're just hoping that Bush doesn't make our country worse before the next administration settles in.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What sort of "idealist" are you anyhow?

It seems to me a noble idealogy is one that does not even SOMEWHAT condone the behavior of a wreckless military force.

I liken it to the ways the polls reflected leading up to the election. Two months out, the number one concern on everyone's mind was the war.. Two weeks out, it was the economy and now people just say "eh, we know the military does bad things... So what?"

The majority of Americans are completely brainwashed. They do anything and everything that idiot-box called a television set tells them. And your post reflects that.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Maybe you think they're illegal wars, but, they aren't wars at all technically. They're "military actions". We haven't had a real war since WWII.

We've stopped caring about that other stuff. We know that our military does some dirty things and stupid things. We're just hoping that Bush doesn't make our country worse before the next administration settles in.

Where do you get your notions from?

War is conflict. It's where humans attack each other by aggressive means and generally mass genoicde is the result.
SNAP back into reality.

Spade is a spade, why are you justifying this behaviour?

Reality check, all of it was stupid, every bit of it. The foriegn policy, the wars, the greed, the lies, the behaviour, the war on terror.

Guess many American's are still lost.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

that's just disgusting. do you think that this type of statement has anything to do with the fact that europeans believe american are stupid immature a**holes? that the most honest and terrifying post i've read in weeks.

[edit on 21/11/08 by pieman]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join