It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US missiles' hit Pakistan school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

'US missiles' hit Pakistan school

news.bbc.co.uk

A suspected US missile strike has killed at least eight students at a religious school in north-western Pakistan, witnesses say.

The school, in North Waziristan, is close to the residence of a fugitive Taleban leader, Jalaluddin Haqqani, witnesses told the BBC Urdu Service.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This makes me a bit angry. I don't care who is 'close' to the school, the first thought should be, "We shouldn't target that building because it's a SCHOOL, not the residence of the person we are trying to get." Forget the notion that another country's sovereignty is at stake, also. This seems like an intimidation effort to get Pakistan to cooperate with the U.S., and if I were them I would tell the U.S. to stay out of my borders.

We really are going too far these days, even if just morally.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Of course it is on purpose. They would of known it was a school.

Sickos in the extreme, no wonder those people hate you guys. It has nothing to do with your freedoms, just look at what you guys do to people.

Sickos.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Uh oh.

This can't be good. I think that this may be what finally pushes Pakistan over the edge. For months now the relationship with the US military has been frosty. Rightly they've been a bit peeved about all the military actions that have resulted in the deaths of civilians thereby pissing off their sizable popuation of extremists even more.

I wonder if Pakistan will finally have the balls to tell the US to get the hell out.

I kinda hope so, always nice to see someone standing up to a bully.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ya i have had enough of US missile strikes on civilians,Pakistan is going to down one of these drones or aircraft, which will take this to a totally different level.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
My country is full of egoists that think we can do whatever we want. It really pisses me off that my government does this kind of thing- and with no permission from it's people to boot!

There really is no sensibility anymore in U.S. politics. We do what we have to do to screw everyone else over. It seems as though other governments are following, too!

The question I ask is- if the tables were turned, how would the U.S. react to missiles being lobbed at our schools? I mean, hell, we took over a country that didn't even do anything to us that we know about.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Of course it is on purpose. They would of known it was a school.

Sickos in the extreme, no wonder those people hate you guys. It has nothing to do with your freedoms, just look at what you guys do to people.

Sickos.

yea that's us...the whole U.S. is full of sicko's.....unlike your perfect country right ?? there is no way your jewel of a country would do that right ??

try blaming our "leaders" and not the whole friggin u.s. ok ? you make yourself look immature doing so.

However.....is there any intelligence in our military anymore ? who is the moron who gave that go-ahead ?? he should lose his stars and go to jail for that. I will agree on one thing.....there is no need for that near a school with todays technology......they knew a school was there.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree with you, however I can see his point. This is how the world views us from outside our borders and, really, we have to blame ourselves for letting all of this happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry... but bombing a school in my eyes is a declaration of war against a country. Of course it'll be spun off as a school for terrorists, but that is no excuse for killing children.

It's amazing that it has gone this far without major retaliation. Just imagine what you americans would do if they bombed one of your schools. No wonder they dedicate their lives to the destruction of America, if I lost my child to ruthless military action, I would probably get on the revenge bandwagon myself.

Sorry if I seem a little anti-american, but it's more towards the miltiary and it's disregard for casualties of war. It's the 21 century and when you have bombs that can hit a dime, it's hard to believe them when this happens.

Here is a site dedicated to casualties of the so-called-war.

The U.S. Bombing of Kapisa Villages

On Monday, October 29th, citing Reuters, The Times of India reported from Kabul,

"a US bomb flattened a flimsy mud-brick home in Kabul on Sunday blowing apart seven children as they ate breakfast with their father. The blast shattered a neighbour's house killing another two children …..the houses were in a residential area called Qalaye Khatir near a hill where the hard-line Taliban militia had placed an anti-aircraft gun."18

The Afghan town of Charikar, 60 kms north of Kabul, has been the recipient of many US bombs and missiles. On Saturday, November 17th, US bombs killed two entire families -- one of 16 members and the other of 14 -- perished, together in the same house.19

On the same day, bomb strikes in Khanabad near Kunduz, killed 100 people. A refugee, Mohammed Rasul, recounts himself burying 11 people, pulled out of ruins there [ibid].

Multiply these scenes by a couple hundred and the reality on-the-ground in the Afghan October and November is approximated. This same reality is blithely dismissed by the Pentagon and the compliant U.S. corporate media with "the claims could not be independently verified," whereas the military press calls reports of high civilian casualties as being "inflated by air."20 Another comments on the "humanity of the air war."21 Yet another, wails about too much press coverage of civilian casualties by a media unable to understand that some civilian casualties must occur but that "what IS newsworthy is that so many bombs hit their targets".22

source

War is only justified in my opinion if it's winable. This war is not winable by any means; it will just create more conflict and loss of lives.

We have Canadian forces there, and I know they try their best in a combat role, but I would prefer them to focus on strengthening the safe parts of the country and letting them have the capability to protect themselves. You can't defeat an enemy that creates new ones when you kill their families.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is not good. I don't like hearing this myself. Those poor families who have to go through the loss and pain of loosing their children and to the rest who are living in fear of their homes being targets as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Agreed with points all around.

It is not good being of the mindset that I am and being in the country that I am in. Everyone generalizes the populace here because of the acts that our government undertakes and thinks that I am an egoist myself.

Yes, I agree that this was no mistake in their plan. This was a direct hit.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What do you suppose a Madrassa in that area is teaching, how to sing Kum Ba Yah? Not that I condone targeting such institutions but lets not be naive here. These tribal regions are infested with Taliban and Al Qaeda elements. Naturally for one of these leaders a residence next to such an institution is ideal. Of course that particular building was not targeted purposely if it was known to be a Madrassa. However if they continue to shelter such people and allow them such refugee near such place, inevitability things like this will continue to happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Ya i have had enough of US missile strikes on civilians,Pakistan is going to down one of these drones or aircraft, which will take this to a totally different level.

...Exactly what the US wants to happen. There is absolutley no reason for the US to be in any of these other countries bullying their people... except for

1) $$

2) 'secret ops'

3) actual defense purposes

Right now we (US) are in all these other places for the first two only - just provoking them so that NWO or PTB can have their future fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What do you suppose a Madrassa in that area is teaching, how to sing Kum Ba Yah? Not that I condone targeting such institutions but lets not be naive here. These tribal regions are infested with Taliban and Al Qaeda elements. Naturally for one of these leaders a residence next to such an institution is ideal. Of course that particular building was not targeted purposely if it was known to be a Madrassa. However if they continue to shelter such people and allow them such refugee near such place, inevitability things like this will continue to happen.

So why doesn't US just drop nukes in pakistan and afghanistan and get rid of all the terrorists?I mean there will be none left,so isn't that i good idea?It will save hell alot of time,money and effort.Just 2 stealth bombers and JOB DONE.

Yes there might be 'some' collateral damage but muslims are not worth even the blood of 1 american/israeli.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
This is not good. I don't like hearing this myself. Those poor families who have to go through the loss and pain of loosing their children and to the rest who are living in fear of their homes being targets as well.

I hear you . . .

Unfortunately, while this kind of atrocity goes on at the other side of the world, stuff like
this which is just as sad (and a damning indictment of our government's priororities) goes pretty much unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

If we hadn't been over there telling them what to do in the first place then we never would have had to worry about where the taliban is in Pakistan, because we wouldn't have to worry about terrorist plots, because we wouldn't have middle eastern enemies. Therefor, we wouldn't have to be bombing kids in schools 'CLOSE' to the suspects place of residence.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hmm...the "plan" coming to pass.

When Bush sent home Bin Laden's parents on 9/11, he sent a few missiles to give "binny"...specifically for framing the U.S..
So he can declare "state of emergency" and become the "absolute".

IN the grand sceme of this...poor kids.

Tugs on your heartstrings. Which is why the Taliban hit the shcool, with the U.S. missile they acquired.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You know, two years ago I might have agreed with the view that they are framing us. However I see too much gain recently for our government for that to be the case.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by GreyFoxSolid]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does the story say that children were hurt or is it just assumed that it was children due to the target struck being a "religious school"?

I have found a similar article on CNN and it says that 8 PEOPLE were killed, not children.

I'm only asking b/c i believe that CNN is downplaying the severity of this attack i.e. changing children to people.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Eight innocent children dead: that's pretty obscene.

Out of those that survived, I wonder how many of them now think like so-called "terrorists"? Seriously, if I was 12-year-old Pakistani boy from that school, I'd be dreaming of the day I could get revenge on America for this.

When it comes to terrorism, America is creating a hydra.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join