It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US missiles' hit Pakistan school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am not sure if they were children. Regardless, this was not a military target.

You are right about them creating a perfect environment for an anti-american sentiment.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I quite certain that if I were the parent of one of those children killed by a rouge government who took it upon themselves to be the bullies of the world, I would join the fight against them becoming an “insurgent” and consequently giving the U.S. exactly what they are wanting which is a provoked conflict with excuse to invade in total war. No way to win here in this situation for most people I’m afraid.

The American administration needs to pull their head from their ass and realize the unlawful nature of the game they play. A ”terrorist” is no longer the target in this war it is a religious group where everyone is suspect.
No matter how you freaking slice it sometimes wrong is just wrong and evil always eventually falls.
I’m ashamed of my government, I’m ashamed of myself and the American people for becoming decadent and complacent in my original illusion of freedom and for that I’m sorry to the world.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by andy1033
Of course it is on purpose. They would of known it was a school.

Sickos in the extreme, no wonder those people hate you guys. It has nothing to do with your freedoms, just look at what you guys do to people.

Sickos.

yea that's us...the whole U.S. is full of sicko's.....unlike your perfect country right ?? there is no way your jewel of a country would do that right ??

try blaming our "leaders" and not the whole friggin u.s. ok ? you make yourself look immature doing so.

However.....is there any intelligence in our military anymore ? who is the moron who gave that go-ahead ?? he should lose his stars and go to jail for that. I will agree on one thing.....there is no need for that near a school with todays technology......they knew a school was there.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Alpha Grey]

I am sick to death of america reaching to the world. I live in england and hate the place, as much as i hate america. hating a country is not a crime by the way.

The anglo american world has foked up the whole world, and they are still trying to keep it going, ith guess what, blowing up schools. Do not tell me about the american people, who love torture and violence, because they do what ever you say. That stuff sells in america, and the people love it.

Your government is a protjection of your concious state of your peoples. Thats a good way to put it. The only thing america exports these days, is torture and murder. If you do not think the country you live in is full of sickos, than you have your eyes closed. People just love torture and the idea of torture and murder, if you think thats sane, thats your problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's not the American people the world hates, just the government... and for exactly this type of thing.

However, we do feel a level of disappointment in the American people, as the US is supposed to be a democratic country, and as such, the responsibility of reigning in the government lies in the peoples hands.

This event has certainly gained more enemies for the US.

Military Intelligence from the US have stated quite clearly that they mark their targets carefully, and know exactly what they're shooting at...
... this just tells me they knew children were going to die, and didn't care.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I really disagree with you. The problem is that you only hear about the sickos. Also, what you hear is all you would know, since you live in England.

Edit for grammar.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by GreyFoxSolid]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Should I as an American resort to making stereotypical judgments about the British population?
Should I make broad and incredibly biased statements about the “majority”?

Don’t be part of he problem by fueling rage against innocence.
If you want to hate someone or make sweeping accusation make it toward the lower percentile of the Americans people and the jacked up US government.

I’m an American, I don’t kill babies, I don’t fantasize over children, I don’t like torture, and I hate killing.
So all that considered I guess your flawless intellectual analysis of the American population crumbles a bit afterall heh?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
By the way the religious aspect of this war is bull. Your hated because of what you do to these people, religion is secondary.

Your destroying and killing lifes, and you have shows like the daily show, just laugh about it. those eople are just trying to live, and you went to there country and killed them for no reason other than you want to ruin there country, full stop. Stop all this stuff about it is religious fundamentalists your fighting. The religion is second, to there hatred for you guys because of what you do.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If your eluding to the comment I made about it being about religion I think you missed my point.
What I’m getting at is that the party line is religious fundamentalism, and that killing any one that is Muslim is a go so by that logic THEIR logic NOT MINE even the children will grow up to be “haters of the US.
Of course it is BS.

It’s murder pure and simple no question about it, and abhorrent in the extreme.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Awfully sorry to have this feeling however...have you heard of collateral damage?

I cannot condone the actions of the US military and although i empathise with the parents of these students i can't help but feel that too much sentiment would mean we didn't go after any targets.

In life descions have to be made and we live and die by these descions. Bear in mind that Pakistan in the past have been involved in wars and will also have targeted innocent people. These things happen and my prayers are with there families.

link   

No one here said anything about 'we are killing them for religious purposes'. No one here is the enemy you are speaking of. 'We' are not in the middle east killing people. So calm the hell down right now and stop pointing the finger at the people on this thread.

link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AolH6hporr0xC7s7B3X_gTZw24cA

According to this story, no students were believed to be in the school at the time of the strike.

Also:

"The religious school belonged to a local cleric linked to the veteran Taliban commander Jalaluddin Haqqani, considered a top foe of the United States, they said."

Opps. Using a school, church, hospital, etc, as a military staging area is against the rules and makes it a lawful target. Sorry that everyone believes that the US is the only country that's suppose to follow the rules.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Say what you want about the british, as far as i am concerned uk and americans are the same. They project there bull around the world, thinking everyone should accept it. Putin said it best, when he said

"I do not think we want the sort of democracy ou have brought to iraq".

Thats all your country does nowadays, most of you get fat, while alot of you just murder and torture people, while the fat americans back home laugh about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I’m not going to say anything about the British my friend, only asking if I should rate you as a sicko as well for projecting the evil around the world.
Of course I wouldn’t do that because I know better.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would venture to say that a lot of us 'fat americans' aren't laughing, regardless of whether they support the government or not. I'm sure some are, but most aren't.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

You can call the british what you like, i cannot stand them. I was born of this country, it is not a place i choose to live.

Even you must know, that plenty in your country will laugh about this, and think its great.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well I agree with you to some degree.
However I am not a sicko, and I don’t watch television to avoid things that make me sick.
I cant stand mainstream news and some alternative is even bad.
Shows your referring to such as the daily show I think are just ways to like you said project propaganda and hate making light of bad situations in order to wrangle the dumb down public into submission.

But I can tell you this, if you watch the news all your going to see are the PRO war PRO democracy PRO hate PRO torture Americans because these days morality takes second place to popularity.
So its no wonder that people of the world think all Americans are warmongering lunatics.

THAT,,,,and My offensive avatar..dont make it any better.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by snowen20]

[edit on 23-10-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This enrages me.

If Pakistan did this to the US it'd be a TERRORIST attack.
So the people who launched that missile should be trailed under terrorism laws.
Typical of the hypocritical US government to do this.

If this were a game, WHICH it is not.

Pakistan: WTF u hit my school? TK
US govt: O Rly.. Sry man
Pakistan: nvm
US govt: /clearchat
- Pakistan has left the server -

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Daily Show isn't that bad. I don't watch it much, but Jon Stewart is a smart guy. He uses his humor to get his points across, not to make you forget the seriousness of the subjects. Much in the same way that Monty Python made a lot of good moral and philosophical points through their comedy.

Sometimes humor has its uses.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Awfully sorry to have this feeling however...have you heard of collateral damage?

I cannot condone the actions of the US military and although i empathise with the parents of these students i can't help but feel that too much sentiment would mean we didn't go after any targets.

In life descions have to be made and we live and die by these descions. Bear in mind that Pakistan in the past have been involved in wars and will also have targeted innocent people. These things happen and my prayers are with there families.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I cant understand why America has double standards of terrorism.
GOD I AM SO SICK OF THIS.
They are going to keep pushing and pushing until the total sum of their injustice blows up violently in their face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join