It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Diplomats Abroad Told To Wait For 'Important News'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Yes. Opportunism. Doing so would collapse the world markets. Collapse ``the great satan``. So a win-win for this madman.

And we all know that NK could level SK in a matter of hours with all those fortified artillery in the mountains. And that's why no attack so far has been done against NK... because they can level Seoul and you can't do a goddamn thing about it unless you nuke the mountains where the artillery is.... and doing that is very dangerous because of Russia and China being very close... and China being some kind of an ally with NK.

If the US could make a deal with China to prepare an invasion force on China-NK border where the NK army have nothing... and the US make a pledge to China that they will get out of SK if there's a sovereign United Korea after the invasion. It would be a major improvement for NK civilians... I know they are brainwashed... but eh... show them what's outside of the world and maybe they'll wake up, also the food, and the reunification which i'm sure a lot of NK want.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

And yes, to commit that much forces to a war, it would need a draft. But it doesn't mention where they gonna get it... and how much time it would take to train the new troops... or if they talk about a NATO commitment... or a draft of old war veterans.

Not necessarily. For one, drafts take a long time to pull off. Unless the U.S. see itself engaging in a large-scale, protracted war, a draft is pretty much out of the question.

Two, the U.S. is capable of committing 690,000 troops. Out total force comes out to 3.9 million personnel, if you factor in reserves and paramilitary forces. So OPLAN 5027 does not require a draft.

The reason for my utter shock, however, is that such a deployment (this is on the scale of Desert Shield/Storm) would break the bank, literally. It also raises the question of what forces will be availiable to us should any other contingencies arise. Even during the Gulf War, when our military was nearly twice as large as it is now, pulling forces from Germany was considered a big deal.

The trend I see here is a lot of people being put in uniform. When the Defense Secretary announced budget cuts will be made, he was referring to equipment and systems. But manpower is certainly not going to be cut, as 75,000 additional soldiers are to be added to the Army by 2013.

What exactly will be done with that much manpower remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

Are we on the brink to something here? Will this be the show they will trigger to distract us all from the financial mess?

If anything happens the financial mess will just get worse and the markets future will get more convoluted. I don't think any country wants something to happen right now be it the U.S., China or Russia. North Korea... well they may not care. To be sure though, the other countries will try to contain this because of the precarious situation everyone is in.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think they will announce that Kim is dead or something alike. They are gonna make an announcement, so please stop the conspiracy theories that he's gonna announce war etc. Normally wars are not being announced, we are not living in the 19th century.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have heard from a close friend with links inside DOD that Kim is dead. He had a massive stroke, then another a few weeks ago killing him. This could be 100 percent crap, or 100 percent truth. Rumor is usually always wrong.......My bet is he died.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I would agree with you,they will just tell the world that kim is dead and the next leader is blarr blarr . No big deal

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Can't say what I know.....lets just say some fellow marines are having their ship date to Afghan put on hold "indefinitely" ............

be prepared people...didn't know this would hit mainstream so quick without anything happening for sure yet but birthday surprise birthday surprise

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I heard from a few people on another military forum I go to, for I pushed for answers and they stated there will be a coup d'état...

American forces will be ready to back up S.K troops in case of "unrest" on the borders and attacks in the demilitarized zone.

Scary.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just adding that when the previous leader Kim Il Sung died, there was no notification to North Korean embassies around the world.

But this can be disputed at the fact that North Korea at the time probably didn't have any embassies around the world.

I would say its either war/invasion or nuclear testing.

THIS MEANS I CANT GO TO JAPAN AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

Probably...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Interesting timing.

Found this tiny news story earlier today, might be a piece of the puzzle:

Original story

PYONGYANG, Oct. 18 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Two Japanese scholars arrived in Pyongyang on Saturday for talks expected to cover relations between Japan and North Korea under Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso, who took office last month.

Haruki Wada, professor emeritus at the University of Tokyo, and Tadashi Kimiya, associate professor at the university's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, arrived in the North Korean capital via the northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang.

Wada and Kimiya also visited North Korea from March to April 2005 and met with Song Il Ho, who was vice director of the North Korean Foreign Ministry's Asian Affairs Department at that time. Song is now ambassador to talks on normalizing relations with Japan.

That's all I can find on this right now. I'll check the j-news tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The US has been watching north korea very closely ove the years and has had them on the "axis of evil" list for some time due to the making nuclear weapons. Last week all of a sudden the US took them off the list and saying they had complied to the regulations which i find highly suspicious. The US has looked for every excuse in the past to condemn N. Korea and all of a sudden they are crossing them off the list. Something's going on over there, perhaps an "accident"?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is going to be something really boring, such as the old guy popping his clogs and his son taking over, it would be nice to have another war though ,the elite can live on measly $700b handouts you know.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually, not to start a massive argument, but the winter time is when we most likely expect an attack to occur. The reason being is that large areas of rice paddies and flooded fields freeze thoroughly, making it passable to tanks and armored vehicles. During the non-frozen months of the year, there are mainly three major corridors the NK can go through, and these three routes are heavily - - - protected.

So, a winter attack is not completely out of the question.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Something from Peninsula day after headline news:

South Korea joins global rescue, crisis summit planned

www.reuters.com...

SINGAPORE/LONDON (Reuters) -

South Korea joined efforts on Sunday to shore up banks and markets pummeled by the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression which world leaders said called for a coordinated global response. Authorities in Seoul pledged $130 billion in state guarantees and capital injections hours after U.S. and European leaders said they planned to hold a series of global summits to try to form an action plan.

The crisis has raised fears in the West that many countries could enter recession this year and next, but for China, one country certain it will survive the financial meltdown, the criticism was clear -- it was the West's fault.

I dont know, if this will directly join with coming events, but ties with US and South Korea has again to been sealed with another contract...

"Time is a puzzle ours to gather, media wont do that for us."

[edit on 19-10-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Japan paper says North Korea message could come Monday

www.reuters.com...

So, do we get this mystery solved by tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I don't think that just because it is assumed North Korea would not attack in the winter, that they wouldnt do it. Yes its because of the farming, its not logical, but when has most of their actions seemed logical to us. If any other country continued to disobey our "orders" and fill our heads with continuous, unkept lies, we wouldnt be in this situation, we would have already invaded. But haven't because for one reason the previous south korean president was in love with the sunshine policy, and promoted the reunification of the two koreas. Ideally for most south koreans this would be probably the best thing that happened to them, especially those with family up north, but right now its just not practical. Which is why there were protests when the US who continues to kiss NK's ass, denounced the country from its list of enemies. Pyongyang used to be the capital of Korea before the end of the war, so the south had more to lose, now that Seoul has grown so much, has major transportation, and a population of over ten million people so close to the DMZ, the US wouldnt attack because it has extremely less troops than the South Korean Military and would never have their support. And ive heard rumors that they are announcing Kim Jong Il's death tomorrow. I guess we will see. I just wonder when he actually died because they would need time to find a successor, change the policy and not have a son rule, if Kim Jong Il really didn't believe they could do it, or believed they had the same or "right" mindset, which im afraid would change alot of the propaganda they preach to its citizens. Almost like, ya we were wrong, or the almost God like bloodline stopped at Kim Jong Il, how would they explain that, another "confusing death" or were the children "adopted". lol. Whatever the news is, anytime some huge event happens people in high positons are urged to not travel or are required more protection. Most likely they know any decision or huge news will always have those that don't agree, and they always have protests against them. And ya there is a set plan to send a ridiculous amount of aid, but it wouldnt get here in time to save the people here already, well military. Sadly with the announcement of a new leader, whomever they choose, i don't think any of the North Korean Policies or actions will change, mostly because their propaganda is wicked, starting at birth, its really sad to see. Regardless, this has been waited for for a long time, sadly with much hope that things could change. It sure would be a good time for their big brother China to either attack or give em the boot. Or any country really, How often does a God-like leader die, who doesnt want their children to rule, can North Korea, be strictly ran by Miltary Officials, or will they finally have the courage to stand up for what is right and free the country. If they do become the leader or leaders, they will probably be engulfed in the Power Trip, or realize that they just dont have the money to take better care of its people, unless it spent less money on its military, which ironically is the last thing they could handle at such a vulnerable time.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
North Korean embassy in Stockholm deny any important messages is about to come!

Main news agency YLE in Finland today at sunday: ( In finnish )
www.yle.fi...

Pohjois-Korea kieltää huhut "tärkeistä tiedoista" YLE 19.10.2008, klo 08.39 Pohjois-Korean suurlähetystö Tukholmassa kieltää japanilaisväitteet siitä, että Pjongjangista annettaisiin pian tärkeä tiedonanto.

So, this was the first news, that the first news, was just a duck...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Kim Jong Il soon is expected to take over from his father (I thought communist were anti-hereditary?)

North Korea has already restarted its nuclear program - that occurred on Thursday. IF this report is true, North Korea could be planning another nuclear test.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Something big is happening now!

There is just assumption what it can be, but ofcourse the health of Kim Jong-Il is naturally in head of all rumors.

But... It can be something totally other. We can just wait now, but something big is happening in Korean Peninsula, and all of those who has watch the news, it can be anything from A-Bombs and new KoreanWar, to Coup or Civilwar.

Propably nothing good from there...

They are letting the cat out of the bag on Kim Jong being a robot. He was created to spy for th US but is now a rogue operator with a Nuclear core that power's him. Beware Kim Jong, the us will regain control of your positronic brain

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Like every other communist government (alive or not), they aren't actually communist.

Corruption, exploitation and a singularity of government (corporate and military): Seems like a totalitarian dictatorship to me.

[edit on 10/19/0808 by spines]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join