It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coin left behind on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How about this take on it:

Assuming the moon landings were an elaborate studio fake, logically the Mars missions are fake too. One of the people working in the studio (or location) where the images from the rovers are created does not entirely agree with the proceedings (because (s)he is a loyal ATS member) and "accidentally" left a coin on the set so (s)he can later prove to his/her fellow ATS members that it is indeed a government hoax.

I hope he/she wiped the coin down to remove prints.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Do we know it is a closeup photograph of the surface?

Just brainstorming here, but is it possible it could be taken from a higher alltitude? If so that would been one large badass coin.

When I saw the pic I though, "Oh....a saucer", then I read the post...

It it could really be anything ofc.
Still a nice find. Thank you for that.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Everyone should know by now that if one were to pull off a huge robbery, like a Brinks, Loomis or bank, there is nowhere to hide. One would have to go to another planet to be safe, but alas, there are now cameras on Mars too!
I'm guessing that it is dropped change from some being who used the 7/11 there, as they are everywhere. Not the beings. 7/11's

Interesting but not sure about it. My take is similar to the stance I take concerning all the conspiracy theories about 9/11. (What a segue, huh?)
To those who say they are nothing but conspiracy theories, unproven and worthless, I say this. Do they believe and are they ready to put their complete faith in, the belief that 100% of everything the "authorities" have told us is completely true?

I think not. Therefore, if one thing is a fabrication or a lie, then it all has to be looked at and considered suspect because they tell us that they tell us the entire truth!!

That would also have to mean that everything about every conspiracy theory is 100% bogus, wrong and a lie as well. That, me thinks, is also not true and if one thing is true, then it all has to be looked upon as potentially very revealing, powerful and worthy of strong, consistent and steady investigation to find the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here is the interesting section of the image. This is from the Pancam EDR data (12-bit resolution), not the JPEG compressed images:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
here is the link to the picture in the Op...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

here are the links to the raw images...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

i dont really believe it's a coin ? but it is strange

[edit on 31-8-2008 by easynow]

Damn. Beat me to it.

I really think that ATS should have a page that simply updates new finds from 'www.marsanomalyresearch.com', As there are just too many people who source from there, and call it 'new'. I've seen a thread about these 'coins' here already, I'm pretty sure.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by jephers0n]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's the thing. Now that NASA has showed our government that the aliens have some form of currency, disclosure is guaranteed! We can sell them oil. They'll become just as addicted as we are. Most likely they never even used oil, they just jumped straight to anti-gravity and anti-matter propulsion systems. But once they see the options, GPS navigation, blue-tooth wireless, 22 inch chrome wheels, and SUV's that seat 20, along with several color options and interior leather, they will ditch their superior tech in a heartbeat! Oil companies are so excited for this, and the government knows they can make a fortune. DISCLOSURE NOW

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't post often anymore, but read a whole bunch. I am sixty years old, and have been interested in the UFO phenomena since Junior High School (thirteen or fourteen years of age). At any rate, I still have a difficult time understanding why we on ATS, for the most part, it seems, are so bound and determined to prove there is or has been life on other planets. Most particularly as we have to use the government supplied photos.

I am not involved in the government except to pay my taxes, and I am relatively confident that the pictures are shilled out to us to watch us squawk, salivate, and otherwise be silly.

I understand that our "camera" capabilities are far beyond the quality of the pics that we get. Supposedly, and I assume it's not too far off, our satellite cameras can focus on an individual person from their orbits. Maybe, maybe not, but the quality is much better than the slag and crap we are being allowed to see.

What bothers me is the folks who jump right on these things and see statues, coins, skeletons, and such with the only evidence being a two dimensional, flat, and mostly blurry to some degree picture.

I think that if these are the best quality that is possible, then we need to write to our congressmen, senators, and the Prez, and get them to quit wasting money on such silliness. I, honestly, believe that the low quality pics that we are being presented with are the occasional mistakes or whoopsies that happen in photography.

Unless you use your imagination, much akin to seeing Uncle Fred, Aunt Martha, Bambi, or Huckleberry Hound in the clouds, that to immediately call something a coin, because it is round and "semi-buried" is showing a complete lack of objectivity, and probably setting back the whole life in space "thing" back a hundred years at a time.

If you are seeing what might be tool marks, then you need to hold on to that, until the picture is really clarified or we get a better picture. It could also, for instance, be an external skeleton of a previous life form (Sand Dollar comes to mind), it could be one of natures little "anomalic" erosions, such as I and others have found on walks in the desert or on woodland trails.
It might possibly be a round slug/plug such as are made in the back of electrical boxes for knocking out to insert wire or cable. And these aren't possibilities that take much thinking.

We keep jumping on the pics and seeing stuff that is later shown to be probably, over-active imagination. I think it might be interesting to make a committee of knowledgeable folks selected from the ATS population, like Zargon, and others, who have no political or financial reason to obfuscate, to analyze these photos.

I think I'd rest better knowing that there were people on a committee, who could analyze these photos, some of whom are pro and some who are con, and perhaps some who are indifferent to it all. Then, despite all the harpies jumping in and spewing vitriol at each other, "It's obviously a coin you Dumb A**"! "Not it's not you Sh** for Brains"! We might start to come to some sort of intelligent analysis... Or are we too lazy, and willing to simply wait for others, who might have political or financial gain, to do the work while we analyze the left over garbage?

Just thoughts, and no offense intended toward anyone....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Ok it's Mine, I must dropped it there when I was doing my
Astral Projection

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
interesting interpretation but i dont think it could possibly be a coin. it seems to be half buried in solid rock. could be an ancient relic but you would expect it to have corroded by now. most likely just a randomly semi-circular rock. and as for an inscription...your eyes are obviously significantly better than mine!!

:-)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am not sure that it is a coin or a just a piece of metal that is buried in the dirt.. It is interesting. Lets see what Richard C Hogland has to say about it. Star and tagged

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

thank you for posting the links. I always like to see the raw images.

that is interesting I am going to check it out a bit more.

wondering if perhaps rover might have caused it though.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Try giving credit where credit is due. This was taken directly from Skippers sight. Did you ask for permission? I doubt it! "PATHETIC"

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just to add a bit of humour:

ΜΑΡΣ ΟΡ ΒΘΣΤ = MARS OR BUST

Now obviously that's just my little joke and I have no idea what it really is. I think the most logical, and the explanation that sits well with me, is that it is either:

a) tracks / markings made by the rover;
b) stone that has undergone some strange attrition - this would obviously require water so not very likely unless it has been buried for a long time;

Good find though!

T

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hi,

I expanded the the 200x pix to about 1000x with the same results that you show on your enlarged pix. The "coin" looks more like a small alien/pix of a grey. Not totally round but with an elongated chin. Mouth looks like it is turned down at the corners like a small frown at being discovered. One nostril visible. Left eye which is in a shadow looks a little different.

Anyway that is where my imagination takes me.
)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's funny how some of your posts are sarcastic but in a few I feel the fear and denial of the possibility that it could indeed be a coin.

It's like when my kids catch an alien or ghost show they as me "Daddy aliens/ghosts aren't real right?'"

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How large is this 'coin'? if the image is taken from high altitude, then the coin should be huge.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd
Try giving credit where credit is due. "PATHETIC"

Seeing as all the data from Skippers site is CLEARLY on the OP image, there was no attempt to take credit for the find, though a link to Marsanomalies should have been included...

However the OP did not say he found it and the image has
Discoverer Edward Findley, the website address and the NASA image number.

So an error in posting the link as well is no reason to be so nasty. Skipper gives permission to many to post those images so long as they are left intact... as they are in the OP

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
just some tinkering i did in photoshop...

it... looks like a coin?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, since I don't know a lot about the tools on the rovers, could it possibly be a chip of stone from the drill that fell out, maybe if it struck along a cleavage line. It might make a round shape, and it's be fairly thin.
Just kinda reaching here.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

When using the 3d mapping tools, it appears to be a sphere instead of a flat coin like object, also can see an arrangement of small indentations covering the entire surface. It appears to be white-ish in color and I can make out some symbols that resemble letters that look like the words “Titleist Armstrong”, does anybody know what that means?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join