It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Beijing Olympics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

They probably fear being killed, kidnapped, or deported for saying anything adverse about China.

if you say that i can tell you really dont know china,been brainwashed for too long,come to china and see for yourself.i lived in the states for many years so i can compare 2 countries,dont always rely on your country's media to learn informations,they are very biased to say the least.of course chinese media is also biased,so i usually find informations by myself.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

haidian,
The only reason they have the most people on the nternet is because they have the most people period. That doesn't really mean that much. Anyways, china censors the internet use of it's occupants, so even if a Chinese person told the truth online the chinese govt would probably just remove it. I wonder if they have computers and internet access in the internment camps where thousands of chinese people are held for organ harvesting. You'd think if China was so advanced with information that they'd understand that you can't use lead based paints toys for children. The fact of the matter is that they don't care but they would love to appear as if they do. When that ceremony was going on there were Chinese farmers and miners unable to watch that gawdy presentation. Also, do you know if the farming villages were polled? What about factory workers? I'm guessing the only portion polled were the upper class chinese people, those able to afford computers. Do you live in China haidian? If not why don't you move there and immerse yourself in the happy, socially equal, balanced economy and infrastructure. Coming from you it sounds like China is the new America!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i m at home in beijing,i have access to all the informations,wikipedia,youtue..,and this site,whatever information i like to get,i just need to put in keywords,and that is only a click away.i have to say most of your claims are just your imagination built up withe all these years china bashing propaganda,but anywhy bias can not be changed so easily,i know that,i remember i had a lot of stereotype on america before i went there,and the reality and your imagination is so so different.

i have many western friends and coworkers here in beijing,they all say they were shocked when they first in china,it is so different from what they learned about china back home,and every single one admitted their countris media are so biased against china.

use you common sense,how can a evil evil country as your media protrayed can possibly achieve this great economic success,has it every happened in human history before?how can a very unhappy working force can deliver that?

people are happy and very optimistic here in china,and we have good reason to be like that,just look at the ever growing wealth both for the country and the individuals.

as i mentioned, you want to know the truth,you can come to visit china,i did that and i lived in the states in many years and did a lot of travelling,talked with tons of people there.so i hope you do the same before insisting something must be like that in a country which you've never set your foot on.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
All I can say is the USA Dream Team better take the freakin gold in basketball, there's no excuse this time.
But I guess if this country prepares to elect the first Black President, seems only fair that other countries may have surpassed Blacks at the game of basketball, time will tell.
There's an ironic trade off to everything, but they still better win.

Not only that but I certainly hope they increase security for our ball players, there is nothing on a global scale at this current time that positively represents our nation like the US Olympic Basketball team, so you know there may be some that will try to capitalize on this event just to proove a point.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Someone mentioned the cheerleaders...

and i find that hilarious...

I can just picture some cheerleader coach screeming at them, in some loud, forigen language...

HILARIOUS...

"Cheer Harder!"

serioulsy, to cheer for like 3 straight hours... horrible...

"cheer harder!!!"

and alxandro, its not the 'Dream team'

Its the "Re-Deam Team"

[edit on 8/10/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by haidian

people are happy and very optimistic here in china,and we have good reason to be like that,just look at the ever growing wealth both for the country and the individuals.

Here is a link to one video detailing organ harvesting in China if you were not aware...

www.youtube.com...

hmmmm, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but I guess I'll just keep posting until you can't rebuttal anymore because what you are saying is totally falacious.

I guess after considering everything you've said I took another look at this video and many more like it and I have come to a different conclusion. The chinese people in this video look very happy. They look like they are waiting in line to be interviewed about how they like their country and it's policies and how much their standard of living has increased. This must be one of those "biased" media sources that you are so sure about. It really must be the media that is giving China a bad name and not China, it couldn't be China.

Truth betold you couldn't pay me enough to step foot in a Country whose leaders are so crooked. In fact a person pretty close to me just was stabbed to death in Beijing this morning and his wife is in critical condition. I was wondering with all the security and such surrounding the Olympics why did this happen? Smells fishy to me. What do you think?

[edit on 10-8-2008 by IndicasSativas]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

i have many western friends and coworkers here in beijing,they all say they were shocked when they first in china,it is so different from what they learned about china back home,and every single one admitted their countris media are so biased against china.

I can completely identify with that.

When I took my first trip (of many) to China about 5 years ago, the only things I had to go on were stories from friends who had been there in the 1970s, and what the Canadian and American media had told me all my life.

Just about everything I'd been told to expect - from difficult immigration officers and police requesting my papers everywhere I went, to stark architecture, to the lack of western amenities, to the absence of women and families with daughters (thanks to the one child policy) was completely untrue. Likewise the claim that there would be surveillance everywhere, the warning that as a westerner I would be tailed everywhere I went, denied access to certain things, surrounded by abject poverty, and on and on and on.

I left with the conclusion that the western media either doesn't have any idea what's going on in China, or that they're just content to lie about China for some other purpose. I saw none of that - and in fact, what I saw tended to be the opposite. Immigration was friendly. Cops ignored me. No one cared where I went. One in five TV commercials were for shops selling things to spoil your daughter with. The "tight security" in Tienanmen Square was less than what I'd expect to see at a shopping mall in Rochester, New York. No joke. Handful of security cameras and a couple of cops that didn't seem to be armed.

Ever since that trip, I've found myself very skeptical of anything that the western MSM has to say about China - because I've seen it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndicasSativas
Truth betold you couldn't pay me enough to step foot in a Country whose leaders are so crooked.

are you kidding me? have you looked at the senate members lately? half of them have been indicted on federal charges and the other half hasn't been caught yet. one word for you EARMARKS (look it up)

oh and a tip for you...
"it is better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are a fool than to open it and confirm it"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I left with the conclusion that the western media either doesn't have any idea what's going on in China, or that they're just content to lie about China for some other purpose. I saw none of that - and in fact, what I saw tended to be the opposite. Immigration was friendly. Cops ignored me. No one cared where I went. One in five TV commercials were for shops selling things to spoil your daughter with. The "tight security" in Tienanmen Square was less than what I'd expect to see at a shopping mall in Rochester, New York. No joke. Handful of security cameras and a couple of cops that didn't seem to be armed. Ever since that trip, I've found myself very skeptical of anything that the western MSM has to say about China - because I've seen it.

thank you vox2442 for you objective comments,actually every country's media is biased in one way or another.biased media can lead to further misunderstanding and distrust which in return makes the media more biased,because people like to hear what they want to believe.and what they want to believe often depends on the information and education they've received over the years.that 's a very vicious circle.

so i believe it is time people should try to understand each other,other countrys' culture,history and people.dont always use your own standard to judge other,dont take things for granted.learning is the best way to get rid of ignorance.happy to see more and more foreigners in beijing,guess those people will bring back a totally different story about china back their homes.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

oh and a tip for you...
"it is better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are a fool than to open it and confirm it"

I'll let you know that I hope you feel like a big person for insulting me. The fact is that you could never say that to someone's face so it makes you feel tough to say it on a forum. I can understand you have a problem with confidence and it's ok to feel insecure. Most people do.

I can't help but think that you are just a really uneducated person with some clever sayings.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by IndicasSativas]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I bet anyone that the people sitting in the Chinese "Organ Harvesting" Camps didn't see their honorable country's glorious display!

here we go again.

What organ harvesting?. Its not enough just to mention it you have to PROVE that it exist.

People are dying of famine, disease, and war and China spends 300 million on an opening ceremony.

You want to play the blame game?. America has already spent 2 Trillion bringing more war to this world and 600billion building up their military. Americans spend 100billion on fastfood while millions of people starve to death each year. How much people can that feed

They probably fear being killed, kidnapped, or deported for saying anything adverse about China.

Like people just get killed for saying something adverse to China. Gee, you dont seem to know anything about China or how people live there. You probably watch to much CNN

www.youtube.com...

Is this your smoking gun?????.

Actors?. A graph with not facts to back it up?. Picture of medical procedures?. A group of people claimed to be practising the principles of Falu Gong(looks like taichi to me) and the fact that its made by the Falun Gong themselves. How does this prove anything?. I have seen alien hoaxs better made and more comvincing then that

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i found most posters here demonizing china dont have any real experience in china and have very little knowledge about china,but they can keep talking about china for days,huh,how funny,that's why people say empty vessels make the most noise.

how come here we've got many self claimed china expert attacking china everyday and at same time most expats live in china really like this country and really really enjoy living in china,in beijing,my foreign colleagues (most from us,uk,canada,astralian..western countries) they have their soccer league in beijing,a hundred teams competing each week in different league levels and trying to move up to a high level or stay on the top level league each year.they have their bands,clubs,studios....very good quality life.

i will try to find some those expats websites and those own forums,maybe people here can get first hand information about china from their fellow countrymen.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What about Tibet? Can anyone say anything about that?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here are REAL Chinese people speaking out against China's lack of Human Rights. I doubt they are actors or receiving any money, especially the elderly woman who got her petition confiscated. This looks quite suspect to me.
_javascript:icon('
')
In America you can have a video camera out in public without being swarmed by police who relentlessly question and intimidate. We can petition without fear of retaliation. We do have corrupt men and women in offices of government but at least we are given choices about choosing the least crooked politician. Also, I know that if all else fails in America we can band together with our rifles and do just as our founders did, not so much for China.

Maybe I don't know that much about China but I know enough that I would never, ever visit the Country let alone live there! I feel sorry for Chinese people in China.

The people that keep trying to discredit the things I say about China are probably Chinese, in which case they can't SAY anything bad about China even if they wanted to, for they may be taken away and imprisoned. If you aren't Chinese then you guys are probably disinfo agents.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I feel sorry for Chinese people in China.

i feel sorry for you.there are some american peopl who visited china and gave the first hand experience in china,and you claim they are chinese.ok,nobody want you to come to china,i like to know other countries,so i travelled around,but you can always stay in your small place and imagine what the wolrd should be like,it is ok,that's your choice,but dont blindly accuse other ast users for doing the opposite.

and now we have all the world leaders gathered in china,never before it ever has happened in human history,and i dont suggest you join them,but stay at home.

china for years has been the the country which received the most foreign investment,so many business people are in china,bill gates and his whole family is still in beijing now,actually he comes to china every year just like all the other big business people around the world,and i dont think you are one of them,and we really dont care about you,so think too much about yourself,according to international news report,china is becoming the world biggest tourist destination.we 've to tons of people waiting to come.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
haiden your wasting your time.... after reading your posts it seems likke you are talking to a brick wall. your only repeating yourself and people don't want to listen.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i didnt watch the opening because i dont agree with many of china's policies ie. one child rule (then leave the other to die or orphan), their invasion of tibet...i can go on.

i heard their was a little girl singing & low and behold, they've done a milli vanilli, and it was not evan her voice! the little girls who's voice it was, was not PRETTY enough!! what?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Haidian,
You still have yet to acknowledge my comment about Tibet. Enlighten and I want to know how you're going to discredit those claims! I'm sure all the things I've heard about Tibet can't possibly be true.

Last year China went ahead and put over 1 billion RFID chips into it's citizens. These invasive technologies are being manufactured and used in China to keep "tabs" on the people of China. I wonder if anyone voted about using RFID chips in people?

Oh yeah, and what about that girl who wasn't pretty enough Haidian? Do you have anything to say anout this oh Great Omnipotent Being of China, who knows and sees all of China all the time! Please, inform us!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i've never heard RFID chips,i read news from various international news report everyday and never came across this one.in china all kinds of rumors spread around,especially with the help of the internet.but i never heard this one,do you have and solid proof for that?it sounds more like another urban legend which american people love to talk about for fun.

as for that girl,see how western media like to diggest into even the smallest details to try to find any fault with china,that's so funny and pathetic.i dont know wether it is true or not,and even it is true,what really cares about that,and the girl that was on tv isnt very cute anywhy.it is just like every preschool girl on the street in china.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

i've never heard RFID chips,i read news from various international news report everyday and never came across this one.in china all kinds of rumors spread around,especially with the help of the internet.but i never heard this one,do you have and solid proof for that?it sounds more like another urban legend which american people love to talk about for fun.

as for that girl,see how western media like to diggest into even the smallest details to try to find any fault with china,that's so funny and pathetic.i dont know wether it is true or not,and even it is true,what really cares about that,and the girl that was on tv isnt very cute anywhy.it is just like every preschool girl on the street in china.

maybe to you this is the smallest detail though to me its disgusting. and regardless if the western media brought it to my att or not, its a fact. do we just overlook 'minor' things as this because china has 1 million other reasons to speak of?

you seem to be very patriotic and thats cool, though when people have critisims about china, maybe just open your eyes-ears alittle instead of putting up a wall when others just want to have their say/views.

btw, i dont need to hear your views on tibet ectectect because i already know the facts and i didnt get them from 'western media' either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join